Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

Player
    vCash

Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

The comp is as good as its been for a while.tell all 11 clubs they will stay in 1st grade.yes u need 1s and 2s but if u want 3s or 4s it's your choice.keep 4th grade as it is a 4th grade comp where old guys who love the game can still play.18s drops down to 17s,colts is u/19 then senior clubs will grown and there will be more coltsteam pretty fucken simple.have someone that understands rugby in wa making decisions

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good question for the local lads that are heavily involved in the club environment, would the comp and clubs be better off going back to the system they had a few years ago whereby less premier teams to strengthen prems?
    What you’ve proposed above does not seem unreasonable to me.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I'll be back with a more indepth view point after Wests get a few more wins up our sleeves so I will have a bit more credibility and can't be accused of self interest but I will bring up one point, unpaid club volunteers at all the clubs in danger never signed up for the sleepless nights, stress and worry that they have been forced to endure these last few months and moreso the last few weeks when their respective clubs haven't been getting any wins because one or two people at the simple stroke of a pen thought it was a good idea, who gave you guys the right to be the judge, jury and executioner because it didn't come from the floor.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't worry, Westie, you know that if Wests are up for the chop they'll be granted an automatic dispensation from the rule, and the second last club will get the chop, unless it's Nedlands, Cottesloe, University or Associates of course, when the dispensation entitlement will also apply.

Senior Player
    vCash
    So what do you lads think would be a good resolution? Bearing in mind development of the young blokes, keeping the older lads engaged ala within the clubs to keep them going etc?
    What would you guys suggest RE competition structure? I’m not a spy so don’t stress just intrigued.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    The comp is as good as its been for a while.tell all 11 clubs they will stay in 1st grade.yes u need 1s and 2s but if u want 3s or 4s it's your choice.keep 4th grade as it is a 4th grade comp where old guys who love the game can still play.18s drops down to 17s,colts is u/19 then senior clubs will grown and there will be more coltsteam pretty fucken simple.have someone that understands rugby in wa making decisions
    I agree with Bally. Keep all the teams in 1 comp and 1s and 2s should be the only requirement. Get some stability for a few years. Rugby here is still suffering from the betrayal of 2017 and the exodus of supporters and senior and junior players that followed.
    Support all levels including women's down to juniors and the game will grow. Some good results by the 2 force teams will help too.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sounds reasonable. Give it time and let it flourish.
    Sounds also like the age old thing of small minded people trying to protect their little patch or overzealous administration trying to flex their muscles?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Don't worry, Westie, you know that if Wests are up for the chop they'll be granted an automatic dispensation from the rule, and the second last club will get the chop, unless it's Nedlands, Cottesloe, University or Associates of course, when the dispensation entitlement will also apply.
    And shit comments like that is the reason no one can be fucked coming on here anymore, maybe lose that big chip on your shoulder and actually contribute something ,thought I'd give it try after a couple of years off, I was wrong, see ya

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    And shit comments like that is the reason no one can be fucked coming on here anymore, maybe lose that big chip on your shoulder and actually contribute something ,thought I'd give it try after a couple of years off, I was wrong, see ya
    C'mon Westies,did you ever think Frank would change his spots,lol

Senior Player
    vCash
    I’ll admit that I’m not a big follower of the local competition but am of the Force and obviously if they want to get stronger with the local lads in the team then obviously The next tier down needs to somehow have its shit together so yeah I’m trying to understand the how’s and why’s of the premier grade. After being involved with league a long time ago over East im trying to get a general idea of the running’s of the local scene here.

Champion
    vCash
    It is rare, if ever, that I agree with either Mr Ball and/or Mr Sammut. But there seems to be some sense in Bally's argument to leave it at 11 teams right now. Apart from a couple of blow-outs the comp does seem to be stronger across the board than it has for a while. If RugbyWA send a team down to a very weak comp they know that club will lose all their players and will never get back to Prems. A Prems club will be lost for ever. But it seems that's what they want.
    Fulvio talks about a "dispensation entitlement" and while I don't know what all the rules are on relegation and promotion he could be right. I'm told there are get out clauses RugbyWA can use if they want to halt automatic relegation. I hear that a side is supposed to have Juniors to stay in Premiers but if they don't (Did I say UWA based on last year) there is a clause that can keep them in.
    Slowcooked has brought some common sense when he said: "Get some stability for a few years. Rugby here is still suffering from the betrayal of 2017 and the exodus of supporters and senior and junior players that followed."

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Diddums.

vCash
    Has there been a new format proposed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    I've always said Prems teams should not be required to have all three grades. Because all that has eventuated is smaller clubs that do not have the players are fielding sub standard teams or having players play 2 - 3 games. So if they can only field a Prems and reserves so be it. But you need to be careful that they then don't overload their 4ths. Too many times we've seen teams with no 3rd grade who are then smashing everyone by 50 points in 4th grade.

vCash
    is there a ladder anywhere where we can see who is currently in line to be relegated?

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast