Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

Champion
    vCash
    There is nothing stopping any club from setting up a satellite venue to attract juniors. Or a senior club linking up up with a junior club to grow the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    There is nothing stopping any club from setting up a satellite venue to attract juniors. Or a senior club linking up up with a junior club to grow the game.
    But they haven't and therefore are in breach of the comp rules as I understand it.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So, for those playing along far from the sidelines but genuinely interested, is there a consensus amongst Club faithful what it "should" look like?
    Is the assumption correct that the traditionally stronger Clubs support relegation or a smaller fixed Premier comp and the traditionally "weaker" (lower?) Clubs are all about "developing the code" and inclusion?
    Can there not be a separation of those competing at "1stXV" and the rest of the comp? Even if a couple of clubs don't manage a 1sts?
    So all Clubs involved from "2nd XV" down but accepting there might be a 8 team Premier comp. Alternatively a Rep comp?
    It seems problematic to try and keep the old model of every Club fielding teams in every Division. I appreciate the traditional version of wanting everyone from the Club at the one venue, but at the matches I've attended there always seems to be a third or fourth Club wandering around for the lower grades anyway.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    how is this relegation system supposed to work. Let's say it's Kala that get relegated, who are currently fielding four senior teams, do they get relegated to only having one team in 4th/Championship grade? If so, that is a club killer.

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    how is this relegation system supposed to work. Let's say it's Kala that get relegated, who are currently fielding four senior teams, do they get relegated to only having one team in 4th/Championship grade? If so, that is a club killer.
    It's exactly what it means. They would play in the Championship and Community grades. A team going down would never get back up.

Rookie
    vCash
    I think RugbyWA were secretly hoping it would be Southern Lions that would go down, now it looks like it might be someone else all hell is breaking loose

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    I think RugbyWA were secretly hoping it would be Southern Lions that would go down, now it looks like it might be someone else all hell is breaking loose
    and on what basis was this?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Gee, Gunny, I have absolutely no idea how Garry Owen has come to that conclusion.

Must be a gut suspicion that all hell is breaking loose .....

You going to the special meeting on Monday? I'm thinking about it.

I'm also considering wrangling a panel invite on the Rugby Wrap this week for the great debate between Mitch Hardy and Rangi McKee.

Should be a cracker. They'll probably need me as a moderator to prevent them pummeling each other.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 26-05-23 at 20:01.

Champion
    vCash
    Be nice to me and I'll hook you up, can we also get Rumour Monger and Seven Mile in to spice it up a bit

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez fulvio,I have enough strife on the home front,without going to that shite,lol

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Be nice to me and I'll hook you up, can we also get Rumour Monger and Seven Mile in to spice it up a bit
    Fark Westie now you’re pulling out some old heads!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Nah Rangi, those bastards were full of doom, gloom and negative vibes, unlike me, the voice of calm and reason.

vCash
    Any update, rugbywa still pushing on with relegation?

GRAB YOUR MATE!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Any update, rugbywa still pushing on with relegation?
    There is a meeting of the Board on Monday apparently and they are looking like having a change of mind.

Champion
    vCash
    Common sense will prevail however I would still like to know who actually came up with this mess and will they fall on their sword ,will the clubs be compensated for the huge amount of money they have all forked out to avoid relegation because I conserveatively estimate around $700,000 minimum has been spent trying to avoid relegation,it's a clusterfuck,again will those responsible rear their heads or will they hide in the darkness,show yourselves

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast