Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SRP 2023 Round 10 - Reds v Force

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Fraser McRight is having the game of his life.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Nicely read!.. let's see if we can get a bonus point

vCash
    Just off the pace, little mistakes still linger

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Missed our props. Mid pitch ball running and security, plus the set piece.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Veteran
    vCash
    Missing props, 10's, another winger and fullback, and a bench with experience.

Rookie
    vCash
    If you add medrano, Robertson, rodda and naisarani to that forward pack it is bloody good, need pasitoa back

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I know he's only a young fellow, but I can't remember Poolman having a positive impact on any game all season. I think it's time to try someone else. Makara?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Can’t win those games without a scrum and we were pathetic there. Really need some good backups when our internationals aren’t available.
    Hope Hegarty isn’t serious without him atm we will be in the deep stuff for the rest of the season.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jesus ok we lost some serious firepower before the game but our game management is absolutely fucken poor! The refs not doing you any favours (6 in a row against I believe) in the first half and we still pass it back 10 meters only for Hegarty to kick it 25 down field! I just don’t get it!! Give the ball back and get penalised in defence again! Purely dumb logic!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Snob I honestly don’t believe Hancock was that bad. 2 or 3 times I saw Nongoor flat on his belly yet Hancock has been carved up!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Certainly can’t say we haven’t bled any new players this year. Onwards we roll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Snob I honestly don’t believe Hancock was that bad. 2 or 3 times I saw Nongoor flat on his belly yet Hancock has been carved up!!
    I don’t think it was anyone in particular but as a whole we were going backwards and being spun at will. We need the nouce of our missing guys.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I know he's only a young fellow, but I can't remember Poolman having a positive impact on any game all season. I think it's time to try someone else. Makara?
    I haven't commented so far as I thought the coaches must see something I don't. Yesterday proved that he's not particularly speedy - or is reluctant to run hard. There's been a few occasions, like under a high ball, where he looks to be waiting for someone else to take the heat. Having at least a couple of those attributes is the bottom line for an outside back. Yes; time for someone else to get their shot.

Tough year again. But I'm heartened that, with so many hard luck stories, they stay in the fight.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Everyone seemed to acknowledge at the start of the season that we would only be as good as the starting XV as we had a young squad (av age <25yo) and lacking in depth.
    Be the starting whistle against the Reds we had >30% of our initially named player group for 2023 on the recovery list including our 3 Wallabies + 1 Puma + 1 AB (who returned from retirement to help out).

The Waratahs had 12 Wallabies in its XXXIII. I am unsure how many Wallabies were in the Reds.

I'm enjoying seeing the likes of Marley Pearce (19yo), Siosifa Amone (21), George Poolman (21), Jeremy Williams (22), Ollie Callan (22), Jackson Pugh (23) and Tim Anstee (25 but 7s convert) getting the chance of more game time in Super Rugby. And others such as Carlo Tizzano (23) return and Charlie Hancock (24) get his 1st SR cap. Tom Horton (25) has done a great job as a late entry into the squad.
    It's also encouraging to see that the Academy has 21 players including 13 local lads. 5 from the Academy/recent Academy were recently picked in the Young Wallabies squad.
    These are all signs that we're building well for the future.
    I like the game that we're playing but discipline, skill level and consistency are all signs of experience.
    Some experienced rugby experts have said that it takes at least 3 years in a professional program to develop a player to play consistently at SR level.

It didn't help my enjoyment of the game to have young Reuben Keane reffing.
    Reuben is in his first year of Super Rugby after progressing through the 7s program (including Com Games).
    I reckon he has lots of potential but was often confused by his inconsistency at scrums and at the breakdown esp lying on the wrong side of the ruck, hair trigger on some occasions and no call on others - even when the ball had been clearly won by the defensive team.
    It was good to see him call some off-sides and the obvious obstructions.
    Not so good when he didn't call players being tackled without the ball or being cleaned out when they weren't connected to the ruck.

It's the first we've had Reuben in 9 games? (He has only reffed 3 - with 3 x AR.
    The problem with our being low on the ladder is that we get the emerging refs a bit more than others.
    By my count we had Angus G 15 of his first 20 games.
    There is one sure way to fix that!

Last edited by andrewg; 30-04-23 at 19:34.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't know Andrew. I am not sure we should be thinking of assassinating Reuben yet.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast