Thread: Force marvel at 'ridiculous' form of winger Kibirige

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force marvel at 'ridiculous' form of winger Kibirige

Justin Chadwick
    AAP
    May 3, 2023 1:36AM

Western Force centre Sam Spink has praised Zach Kibirige for his "ridiculous" hot form, but says wins rather than individual accolades will be the focus for the team.

Kibirige has been a revelation in his first season at the Force, scoring eight tries to sit second on the Super Rugby Pacific try-scoring table.

Chiefs star Shaun Stevenson sits on top of the leaderboard with nine tries, but the race to finish on top of the tries table doesn't interest the 10th-placed Force, who are battling to stay in the finals race.

"He (Kibirige) doesn't really care if he's top of the leaderboard unless his tries are winning us games," Spink said ahead of Saturday's clash with the Crusaders in Christchurch.

"If he's picking up two, three tries a week and we're still losing, it's sort of null and void."

Spink played previously with Kibirige at English outfit Wasps and has been blown away by the winger's hot form.

"It's ridiculous to be honest," Spink said.

"Some of the tries he's scored have been finishes I haven't seen from many people in world rugby really.

"When he turned up to Wasps a few seasons ago he had a similar stint of form. He started scoring tries for fun.

"We've put him in a bit of space and he's just taken it upon itself to take it to the next level."

Spink and Kibirige didn't get to play together much at Wasps due to injury and selection, but the Englishmen are thriving at the Force.

"It (our relationship) has become stronger as we've come over here," Spink said.

"A lot of similarities - both being English, avoiding all that Aussie banter. Sometimes we had to stick together to get through it.

"He's very loud with how he communicates, so it's great to have him outside of me.

"He knows what I want to do and what I'm good at and I know if I can get the ball to him in a bit of space, he can create some magic."

The Force will be without five-eighth Bryce Hegarty (knee), fellow back Bayley Kuenzle (hamstring) and flanker Tim Anstee (concussion) against the Crusaders, but new signing Isi Naisarani will be unleashed.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...ige-c-10529215

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    but new signing Isi Naisarani will be unleashed.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...ige-c-10529215
    Because literally who else is there?

We're also rapidly running out of 10s, IIRC Hamish is the only person left in the squad who has any chance of covering 10.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    It looks like Max Burey (ex Norths now West Scarborough) who played with us on the Japanese tour and pre season is in the squad as flyhalf cover.

I am not sure of the fitness of young Cambell Parratta but he may be an option as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”