Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crusaders V Force 06/05/2023

Senior Player
    vCash
    Chirag I believe it was mentioned a few weeks back by someone here that Kane is suffering from concussion symptoms.
    But I don’t believe that news came through the Force channels.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Ah ok, thanks. I missed that. Is he gone for the season?

Veteran
    vCash
    Tough watching... too much bad to list. No good to list.

Veteran
    vCash
    Oh! One.

Poolman got a try

vCash
    I thought sani got owned by Joe Moody's ability to pack the scrum with his arse so far out in the wind that there wasn't room for Santos head.

Medrano nearly got penalised for moody packing at 45 degrees.

I also didn't see a mail set where the lifters were behind the jumper, not one! Unfortunately, I then watched the Reds vs tahs and it was the same.

The force haven't been good at recognising what teams get away with and either countering it or doing the same thing and forcing the ref to either allow it or make an inconsistent decision

That being said, did anybody expect us to beat the crusaders away?

C'mon the

vCash
    I didn't expect a win but I was hoping they'd actually have a go which they did not.

Instead they rolled over like a dog looking for a belly rub.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Anyone think Charlie likely to have a future in super rugby? As been around a little while now and gone completely found out last two weeks.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post
    Anyone think Charlie likely to have a future in super rugby? As been around a little while now and gone completely found out last two weeks.
    How many games has he played?
    Yesterday he was up against an absolute monster who’s played every game this year! Last week I didn’t think he was that bad Nongoor spent most of his time in the scrums doing the worm!

Veteran
    vCash
    I was surprised he was pulled so quickly. Not sure why. He replacement was not that much more experienced.

vCash
    That was one of those games where it's better to just think nothing, move on and get to HBF on Friday hoping they do better.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I can’t see why everyone is so negative and dissing on the players. They’ve had to build a team from young inexperienced players with a big injury list, have just travelled massive kms (the most of all the teams), against pretty much an All Blacks team on their home ground & all the bitching about getting beaten really pisses me off! Did you really think they’d beat the Crusaders? Cron is giving new guys some game time and getting a consistent team every week is a bit of a challenge. I reckon this season we’re just gonna have to suck it up & let them build. I actually think they’re improving every game & by cutting out the dumb shit we know they’re capable of winning. Personally I wish we weren’t in Super Rugby and all the crap the Force cop, I’m glad there’s the games against Cheetahs & Japan.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I was surprised he was pulled so quickly. Not sure why. He replacement was not that much more experienced.
    and yet seemed to be more effective in the scrummaging department.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    At the about the same time too Gigs I noticed that Wells went back to 8 and ISI to 6. Dunno if that had anything to do with it.
    Guilty as charged Val with being negative. And I certainly thought that beating the crusaders at home was always going to be a bridge too far. Especially with all the young fellas and shitty travel we’ve had to do.

Veteran
    vCash
    I didn't expect to win (despite my vBet), however i expected our throws in the lineout to go to hand. and not to fall off a heap of tackles...

they were always going to be good against us, but doesn't mean we can do our individual skills and team defensive lines into practice.

It was tough to see how Max went. But he can kick! didn't look like a deer in the head lights which is a plus. tough ask to start at 10 against a back-pedalling pack and no front foot ball.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The game went as expected.

An injury ravaged, young team, away from home v an All Black laden team of proven performers team at home was always going to be one way traffic.

We brought in Max Burey they brought in an on fire, chomping at the bit Will Jordan.

They had three All Blacks in their finishers.

It was always going to end badly.

That said the boys tried their best, they were outclassed, out played, yet the heads did not drop like past years they kept trying as best they could (as illustrated by Carlo Tizzano in the final quarter) and they will be better for the outing.

With Hegarty probably out for a couple weeks still, and not too many players due back yet, its going to be a tough run home. On the positive side we are still unbeaten this season at home and hopefully can keep it that way this week.

For those of you that appreciate the stats I load up,I apologise that due to time constraints I will only be able drop in the stats piecemeal this week.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast