Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crusaders V Force 06/05/2023

vCash

Crusaders V Force 06/05/2023

Name:  FvP7-sIX0AAX8iS.jpg
Views: 5701
Size:  58.8 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Name:  FvP8B0eWwAIoBem.jpg
Views: 5679
Size:  88.9 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    From Rugby.com.au

Burey’s persistence prevails

Head coach Simon Cron enlists 7's star Max Burey to guide his troops on his debut match this Saturday in Christchurch.

Burey is known by many to have a relentless nature, one that continuously ‘turns up’, an attitude that has awarded him the #10 jersey, and the platform to reach his ultimate goal of playing Super Rugby.

"This is the best opportunity I have been given. Playing Super Rugby in Australia is exactly where I want to be. I thought if I don't play soon, I'll never get the chance, so I am very happy to be given the opportunity to debut for the Force," Bruey claimed.

"Unfortunately, a few guys have been injured, but that allows me to keep progressing along. Crono kept telling me, "keep turning up, you will get a shot eventually." It's great to get feedback like that because if you aren't, the week can get quite long."

"This year, I have been fly-in fly-out training in Perth and I have been in Hong Kong and Singapore with the 7's. Recently I would fly in on Sunday and then fly back to Sydney the Thursday just to train with the team."

The call from Cron, caught Burey by surprise, swiftly moving into action, changing his mindset into game week mentality.

"Crono was pretty brief; he said, "get home, I'll see you in Queensland tomorrow". He is a pretty easy guy to talk to in my first year here and first year being coached by him."

"The boys are excited to have us (him and Nikolai Foliaki) back; I think I bring a bit of new energy. With Finsey at #9 we play a similar brand of footy, so that will be good to speed up the game and make the pace a bit faster."

"It's great to have guys outside of me like Hamish Stewart, who I can lean on for some experience."

His determination to grow and involvement in the Australian 7's program over the past two years have proven pivotal in his development, acknowledging his ability and perseverance to play XV's professionally.

"I'm a bit of an older debutant; I've been training in the professional environment for a couple of years now, so I think it's that natural progression."

"I only came over last year in the preseason on an EDS deal. The move was to progress me further as a footy player; I thought it was achievable for me to debut eventually if I put in the work. Crono would notice this, and he rewards players for it, I knew he would get me to a point where I would be Super Rugby Ready."

"Spending the whole preseason guided by Crono was a great experience. He gave me a lot of extra training after hours to keep progressing. In a pivotal role at 10, I have benefited immensely from the knowledge he has passed on."

Captain Michael Wells, is confident in Burey’s craft "It's great having Max come in, he's come from a great program in Norths and in terms of stepping into a playmaker position, he's running the show and feels like he's been here before,” he commented.

Burey will run out this Saturday against the Crusaders, earning cap #241 for the Western Force.

vCash
    More from Rugby.com.au

Nasarani back in blue and Burey on debut for Crusaders Clash

The Crusaders will host the Force at Orangetheory Stadium this Saturday afternoon, with head coach Simon Cron making three changes to his starting XV.

Isi Nasarani is back in the blue jersey, starting in the back row, a familiar sight for the Sea of Blue and Australian Rugby supporters alike. Nasarani held the Force #8 jersey early in his career, starting his professional stride as a fresh-faced 22-year-old in 2017. He runs out alongside captain Michael Wells at flanker and former Force and West Australian product Carlo Tizzano.

Tim Anstee remains unavailable after suffering a head knock in the first half of the Round 10 match in Brisbane. He will proceed with the compulsory 12-day HIA protocol.

Rugby 7's star Max Burey, enters the Force lineup. Recently returned from the World Rugby Sevens Series in Hong Kong, Burey will start at fly half, steering the team in his Super Rugby Pacific debut.

Bryce Hegarty is unavailable for selection with a knee injury and is being monitored in Perth. He will aim to return to play at the end of the season.

Santiago Medrano returns to the fold after withdrawing from last week's match with a rib injury. The Argentinian prop will shape up in the front row with recent debutant Charlie Hancock and on-form hooker Tom Horton.

Round three debutant Nikolai Foliaki rejoins the mix, called in at #22. The Tongan centre will look to make his second Super Rugby appearance on Saturday afternoon against a solid Crusaders outfit.

Captain Michael Wells is confident in the team’s ability and focus heading into the Crusaders challenge.

“The best thing is focusing on ourselves, focusing on our processes, our jobs, keeping guys keyed on the next 10 seconds, whatever that involves in the game,” he said.

“You acknowledge the fact that it’s a challenge and you can either rise to that challenge or you can fall to it - I hope that we’re the type of group that continues to rise to challenges rather than fall.”

Saturday's match will be the squad's last game in New Zealand this season

Senior Player
    vCash
    Great to see Santiago back. Gonna be a massive test for Charlie and Santiago against that front row. Moody would have to be one of the most shadiest characters in the dark arts of the scrum. Max Burey?? What a side to debut against. Go well young man rip in and play with no inhibitions. Hopefully they’ve learnt their lessons regarding the easy penalties. Welcome back Isi.
    Would love to see more gametime for Jackson Pugh.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Great to have ISI back, & have always rated Carlo. Excited to see how Max goes, just so long as they don’t spend the entire game punting the ball down to the opposition as usual! Hopefully they can keep close with the scoreline.

vCash
    I think it's going to be a real struggle at scrum time again with Hancock v Williams.
    Hopefully Burey has a decent boot on him and can help our hopeless territory game when needed.

Team selections look good with the personnel available, except for maybe Poolman making the 23 again.
    We should have the edge in the backrow and scrumhalf, but likely outgunned everywhere else on the paddock unfortunately.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Here’s a tip for the lads kick it back at them and you’ll have tries scored against you! Free advice you can thank me later!!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Fun Fact - Tamaiti Williams went to Aronmore College here in Perth, so did Nathan Hastie that plays for the Highlanders

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Fun Fact - Tamaiti Williams went to Aronmore College here in Perth, so did Nathan Hastie that plays for the Highlanders
    So even when we don't lose kids to the Mungos, we end up losing them to The Darkness?? Bugger!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So even when we don't lose kids to the Mungos, we end up losing them to The Darkness?? Bugger!
    I am pretty sure they were born in "the darkness" and were schooled here and then returned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I am pretty sure they were born in "the darkness" and were schooled here and then returned.
    Correct:

From Stuff.co.nz

"Whangārei-born Williams’ rise has been accelerated by Joe Moody’s foot injury, but he’s been touted as a point of difference player since the Crusaders named him in their squad ahead of the 2021 season.

Having moved to Perth with his family when he was only a few months old, Williams attended Aranmore Catholic College and played both league and rugby in Western Australia.

That was until parents Johnny and Natalie decided to return to Northland and moved Williams and sisters Kenya and Terina to Kāeo in 2016."

Note: I think he also may have played club rugby for Kalamunda Bulls while here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post

Note: I think he also may have played club rugby for Kalamunda Bulls while here.
    Correct

vCash
    Force's try-scoring star not fazed by Crusaders aura
    Justin Chadwick
    AAP
    May 5, 2023 1:01PM

The aura of the Crusaders has loomed large over the Western Force this week, but not for try-scoring machine Zach Kibirige.

The Force will be aiming to post their first away win of the Super Rugby Pacific season when they take on the Crusaders in Christchurch on Saturday.

The closest the Force have ever come to beating the competition powerhouse on enemy territory was in 2009, when they escaped with a 23-23 draw.

Just two years earlier the Force were crushed 53-0 in Christchurch in what remains the franchise's biggest ever loss.

The Force (3-6) sit in 10th spot on the ladder, with all six of their losses coming on the road.

It's a record the Force want to rectify, but Christchurch looms as one of the most unlikeliest places to end the away rot.

Earlier this week, Force captain Michael Wells spoke of the need to break down the aura of the Crusaders and treat them like any other team.

That will be an easier task for Englishman Kibirige, who didn't grow up watching the Crusaders wreak havoc on their opponents on the way to winning 11 Super titles.

"I never really watched a lot," said Kibirige, who spent his entire professional career in England before linking up with the Force this season.

"I think the aura has come in very much from the media. We respect who we play against, but we focus on ourselves.

"Being around the squad, I don't think we're particularly fazed from week to week about who we're playing against."

Despite the Force's struggles this season, Kibirige has flourished with eight tries - the second most in the league.

The acrobatic nature of some of his tries has ensured he's dominated the highlights reels.

The 28-year-old joined the Force on a one-year deal after English outfit Wasps went into administration.

Kibirige is remaining tight lipped about his plans beyond this season, but said: "Conversations around the future are still happening. I'm loving living in Perth at the minute, so I'm open to anything."

The Force will unleash debutant five-eighth Max Burey against the Crusaders, while former Wallabies enforcer Isi Naisarani will don the Force jersey for the first time since dazzling in his debut Super season in 2017.

The Crusaders (6-3) have been bolstered by the return of All Blacks star Will Jordan, who has recovered from a migraine-related condition that had grounded him since last September.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...ura-c-10557190

Senior Player
    vCash
    Around about what time should i expect the announcement that so and so will be a late withdrawal from the game due to a mishap in the captains run etc??
    C'mon karma gods please be good to us this week!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast