Thread: Confident Force aiming to blow Brumbies off the park

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Confident Force aiming to blow Brumbies off the park

Justin Chadwick
    AAP
    May 16, 2023 3:19PM

Western Force fullback Chase Tiatia predicts his team will blow the Brumbies off the park in Saturday night's Super Rugby Pacific clash at HBF Park.

The Force (4-7) moved into eighth spot with a crushing 34-14 triumph over Fijian Drua last Friday, making it a perfect four-from-four wins at home this season.

The second-placed Brumbies (9-2) are the benchmark Australian team in the competition, and will arrive in Perth full of confidence after last Sunday's 48-32 win over the Highlanders.

But Tiatia is backing the Force to cause a major upset, despite the Brumbies boasting a team laden with Wallabies firepower.

"It wouldn't be too surprising on our end (if we beat them)," Tiatia said on Tuesday.

"We're going in pretty confident to win this game. We've got a pretty good record at home.

"(The Brumbies) are tracking along nicely, but they've still got to travel all the way to Perth on a six-day turnaround.

"I'd say they'd be pretty fatigued after a couple of big games, and we're playing at home. We'll run them off the park."

He said Force players, who have enjoyed an eight-day break between games, would be feeling much fresher than the Brumbies.

"We've had a lot of time to get our bodies fresh,'' Tiatia said.

"I'd say they (the Brumbies) only have one and a half training sessions this week.

"That's a big bonus to us, knowing they won't bring too much new stuff into the game.

"We know what they're going to do, so we'll be prepared for it."

He says he and his teammates have drawn huge confidence from their unbeaten run in home games this season.

"We're building a bit of a fortress at home, so hopefully we can hold on to the home advantage and get over the Brumbies this week," Tiatia said.

"A lot of teams take Perth as a bit of a holiday. They come over here and don't think much of us.

"It just goes to show if we score points early on, then late in the game they can't stay with us, so hopefully we can do the same with the Brumbies and blow them off the park."

Tiatia, who spent stints at the Chiefs and Hurricanes, will notch his 50th Super Rugby cap this Saturday.

The 27-year-old Kiwi is contracted with the Force for next year, and says he has enjoyed his time in Perth so much that he will consider staying even longer.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...ark-c-10670063

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    He's a good team man! Love how he's bought in to the WA / team ethos!

Cheeky fu@ker too! "We'll run them off the park"! Haha, love it!

Shots fired!!!!

Last edited by WFDom; 17-05-23 at 09:22.
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I’m feeling quietly confident on this game. Fark it’ll set the cat amongst the pigeons if we knock ‘em off! Get in there lads!

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Saturday too. But I'll keep my powder dry (and my money in my kick) till I see the team sheet

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm glad he was talking about fitness when he made that statement.

I do think we have enough to disrupt them, but they're a harder task than the Reds, who've spanked us a couple of times this year, so we def need to put our big boy pants on this week.

Get Santi, Rodda and a couple other big names back wouldn't hurt either.

C'mon the