Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force V Brumbies 20/05/2023

Rookie
    vCash
    You don't rate Vosayaco? I think he is bloody good. Isi seems to be still finding his feet but agree once back to form should be in there, so maybe Vosayaco to 6. I agree though hard to find a spot for Wells

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    You don't rate Vosayaco? I think he is bloody good. Isi seems to be still finding his feet but agree once back to form should be in there, so maybe Vosayaco to 6. I agree though hard to find a spot for Wells
    Bottom line is if he wasn’t captain & we had a fully fit squad, he’d struggle to make it in the 23.

Can’t think of anyone else to lead the team tho. Maybe the downside of having such a young side.

I feel sorry for Anstee. Pushing for a Wallaby jersey behind someone who isn’t. Hope he isn’t looking elsewhere

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Folau Fainga'a launches hilarious potshots at Brumbies

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/folau-...umbies-2023519

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Bottom line is if he wasn’t captain & we had a fully fit squad, he’d struggle to make it in the 23.

Can’t think of anyone else to lead the team tho. Maybe the downside of having such a young side.

I feel sorry for Anstee. Pushing for a Wallaby jersey behind someone who isn’t. Hope he isn’t looking elsewhere
    You have a real blind spot when it comes to Wells, Dom?

Doesn't matter if he has a match winning game or does the little things well. You just don't like him.

Is it because he used to be a Rebel? Or his lack of chat to the guy with the whistle?

What am I missing?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Veteran
    vCash
    Folau Fainga'a launches hilarious potshots at Brumbies

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/folau-...umbies-2023519
    My favourite part:

"That five-hour flight is a bit niggly - that will be niggly on some of the boys, especially Darcy.

"He will probably do something dumb on the weekend, as expected."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Doesn't matter if he has a match winning game or does the little things well. You just don't like him.

Is it because he used to be a Rebel? Or his lack of chat to the guy with the whistle?

What am I missing?
    You're not missing anything Simon. I've said what I think of his appointment as captain & his previous club goings on etc on older posts so that's in bed for me now. I don't want to bleat about it on any more threads, but i'm happy to discuss it with anyone over private messages.

My comments were based solely on this weeks team selection & the possibility that could stifle & stall other players potential future honours. Does anyone disagree with me that he's not in our starting back row if everyone's fit?

When it comes to leadership. I just want another Hodgo mate

Really hoping for another great performance tonight. Putting in another like last week will start to show the consistency we're craving.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    One person's blind spot is another person's view X. If everything about team selections were black and white there would not be any need to have a chairman of selectors - with a casting vote.

Skippers like Hodgo and Sharpie are hard to come by unfortunately. What we need is a skipper who is also a referees advisor - Cam Smith & Richie McCaw come to mind - but they are even rarer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    One person's blind spot is another person's view X. If everything about team selections were black and white there would not be any need to have a chairman of selectors - with a casting vote.

Skippers like Hodgo and Sharpie are hard to come by unfortunately. What we need is a skipper who is also a referees advisor - Cam Smith & Richie McCaw come to mind - but they are even rarer.
    Look, don't get me wrong. I am all for people having opinions and viewpoints. I just don't like it when its different from mine.

But seriously.

I think Wells has had some great games for us, as Captain and as a back rower. I do not think he deserves all the hate.

Not all Captains talk to the Referee. There were times where I believed that Nathan Sharpe spent too much time talking to Referees, same with Hodgo.

Shasta - I don't believe that Cam Smith is a good example of a Captain talking to the Referee. If he spoke to a Union Referee the way he spoke to a League Referee at times - he would no longer participate in the match.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What we need is a skipper who is also a referees advisor
    Easy then, Nic White is Captain in 2024...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Look, don't get me wrong. I am all for people having opinions and viewpoints. I just don't like it when its different from mine.

But seriously.

I think Wells has had some great games for us, as Captain and as a back rower. I do not think he deserves all the hate.

Not all Captains talk to the Referee. There were times where I believed that Nathan Sharpe spent too much time talking to Referees, same with Hodgo.

Shasta - I don't believe that Cam Smith is a good example of a Captain talking to the Referee. If he spoke to a Union Referee the way he spoke to a League Referee at times - he would no longer participate in the match.
    Certainly no hate coming from me X. I've spoke to Wells 3 or 4 times this season. Seems like a good guy.

As I've said before a captain who is personable, and has a good repertoire with the ref is worth points in a game. We're missing that. Especially with the calibre of refs we're getting served up this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Scrum-halves should never be captains; they need to be chirping in the ref's ear all game and you can't do that and then have proper captain's chats to the ref!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Certainly no hate coming from me X. I've spoke to Wells 3 or 4 times this season. Seems like a good guy.As I've said before a captain who is personable, and has a good repertoire with the ref is worth points in a game. We're missing that. Especially with the calibre of refs we're getting served up this year
    I think the one thing that wells does bring to the team is experience, we have a predominantly young team and they need a cool head on the field.Yes he seems like a speak quietly carry big stick kind of leader, but without him we don't have many with the experience, attitude and importantly time during the huddle to do that job.If we have a good game (such as the drua) surely the captain deserves some of the credit.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think the one thing that wells does bring to the team is experience, we have a predominantly young team and they need a cool head on the field.Yes he seems like a speak quietly carry big stick kind of leader, but without him we don't have many with the experience, attitude and importantly time during the huddle to do that job.If we have a good game (such as the drua) surely the captain deserves some of the credit.
    Absolutely they do Gigs. Credit where credit is due.

Good luck from Nouakchott boys! Hoping for a win when I wake up! Bloody night shift 😔

Player
    vCash
    There’s a lot we don’t see as fans/ spectators… Simon Cron and team are hands on 7 days . They must like what they see .I’m happy with that ….

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Ha ha! I was actually thinking the diplomatic style to keep them on side not pissed off.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast