Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    Christie Doran reporting in the The Roar that Ned Slack Smith has joined the Waratahs.

" Junior Wallabies back-rower Ned Slack-Smith has also joined the Waratahs from the Western Force.

A Barker product, the Slack-Smith started in the Junior Wallabies’ 57-33 win over Wales to finish fifth at the under-20s world championship. The flanker scored in the 76th minute."

The Roar

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Christie Doran reporting in the The Roar that Ned Slack Smith has joined the Waratahs.

" Junior Wallabies back-rower Ned Slack-Smith has also joined the Waratahs from the Western Force.

A Barker product, the Slack-Smith started in the Junior Wallabies’ 57-33 win over Wales to finish fifth at the under-20s world championship. The flanker scored in the 76th minute."

The Roar
    That, if true, is truly a shit show effort! He was awesome in South Africa and definitely a future leader. Surely they would take Wells instead?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Surely they would take Wells instead?
    I wish! We should be retaining the future!.... not the past!

Shame to see him go

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Player
    vCash
    He has obviously been persuaded by the usual propaganda that the Waratahs ( east coast ) is a better path to the Senior side …. he’ll be back ! The only positive… he hasn’t gone overseas …. yet.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    He has obviously been persuaded by the usual propaganda that the Waratahs ( east coast ) is a better path to the Senior side …. he’ll be back ! The only positive… he hasn’t gone overseas …. yet.
    Not sure if it's really propaganda when it keeps proving to be the case?
    Wallabies Squad- 2 x 2024 Force (White & Donaldson) (2 x 2023, Roda & Robertson, not considered for injury)
    Train On Squad- 1 x departing 2023 (Fainga'a) and 1 x 2023-25 Force (Fines-Leleiwasa)

Including the Rehab Group that's 4/68 selected, 6/72 if including Roda and Robertson and the "Not Considered" cohort.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    First time posting in here,

But have noticed Manasa has updated his linked in to be playing back with Canterbury.

May just be for NPC but he may have signed back with Crusaders

vCash
    Probably just NPC at this stage as his wife and her sister are starting this week for the Canterbury ladies team, but with Leceicester Faingaanuku departing Crusaders there could be an opening for him

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Flyers Kibirige, Mataele headline dozen departing Force group
    Wed, Jul 12, 2023, 7:23 AM

The Western Force have confirmed a host of departing players, headlined by wing duo Zack Kibirige and Manasa Mataele.

The duo are amongst 12 players set to leave the club at the end of 2023 after they narrowly missed the finals.

Kibirige had an electric debut season for the club after joining from struggling English club Wasps.

The winger scored in six consecutive games in 2023, including doubles against the Hurricanes and Reds.

As for Mataele, he has become an integral member of the Force squad since making the switch from the Crusaders in 2021.

The winger won the 2022 Nathan Sharpe Medal alongside Tim Anstee, scoring eight tries in 23 games.

Hooker Folau Fainga'a's departure had already been confirmed at the start of the year, off to French club Clermont.

Meanwhile, injury cover duo Gareth Simpson and Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco will not remain with the club.

Simpson played just four games for the club, however, found himself thrust into the captaincy role for their round six match against the Hurricanes.

Warren-Vosayaco joined from the Waratahs midway through the season, featuring in nine games in 2023.

Bryce Hegarty will also leave the club, having returned to Australia after a stint with English club Leicester, starting six games at flyhalf.

He is joined by locks Will Sankey and Ryan McCauley, winger Rupeni Mataele, fly-half Jake Strachan and centres Grason Makara and Reece Tapine.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/flyers...-group-2023711

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Just a question of where to? Crusaders or A N Other

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsleyy View Post
    First time posting in here,

But have noticed Manasa has updated his linked in to be playing back with Canterbury.

May just be for NPC but he may have signed back with Crusaders
    welcome aboard!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From what I've heard along the grapevine today, the Force didn't even try and negotiate, just let him go without discussion.
    They then tried to retain Martha and were basically told to get stuffed as they are a package deal.
    If true, rightly so.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just reading of a Mungo that I don't really recognise being signed through to 2027!
    Good enough for NRL why not the Force?
    Have some courage of your convictions and buy some stability!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Slack-Smith looked alright in the U20s. I reckon Tizzano looked better and he never got to play in 2020. Slack-Smith probably left because there wasn't much prospect of game time behind Tizzano and Callan. I don't have a problem with that. Good luck to the lad.

To me, Mataele always looked disinterested playing for the Force. I'd have selected Kibirige and Pulu over him when they were available. Mataele looked great with the Crusaders (but who doesn't?), but I never thought he brought it for us. Compare how Kibirige played.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Just reading of a Mungo that I don't really recognise being signed through to 2027!Good enough for NRL why not the Force?Have some courage of your convictions and buy some stability!
    They don't have an operating licence beyond 2025 yet and we all know how safe the force is to have their license renewed.I think writing contracts to 2025 is just good conservative business.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    They don't have an operating licence beyond 2025 yet and we all know how safe the force is to have their license renewed.I think writing contracts to 2025 is just good conservative business.
    Could still sign up with the clause around License renewal though.
    Get some sort of commitment.
    As good as it is to have a chunk of the Squad now through to '25, could be a mass exodus after that if results don't improve.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast