Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    Not sure why all the negativity.

Already the new signings for next year are greater than or at least equal to whats leaving:

Nic White
    Ben Donaldson
    Harry Potter
    Will Harris

With more to come.

Add to this the re-signings of:

Isaak Fines
    Reesjan Pasitoa

I think we are going to be better next year, and all the existing players are going to be a year further down the line having worked with our great set of coaches.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Apprentice
    vCash
    I spoke with Manasa on Linked in and from the sounds of it this is true,

He said he doesnt have anything lined up at the moment is looking around to see what there is

Which is a damn shame considering the market for wingers at the moment

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsleyy View Post
    I spoke with Manasa on Linked in and from the sounds of it this is true,

He said he doesnt have anything lined up at the moment is looking around to see what there is

Which is a damn shame considering the market for wingers at the moment
    Geez we must have some big names lined up if we can let him go. Not only did he score tries, but he saved a few too.

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Apprentice
    vCash
    From speaking with him further.

He mentioned he and his partner wanted to stay and resign but there was no option to him.

They said they needed to strengthen in different positions

So we must have a few names up our sleeves

vCash
    He won't be the only good winger who has slipped through the cracks at the Force. Nemani Nandolo and Jordan Rapana are a couple of examples. They both went pretty OK after getting the bums rush after a single season. Neither impressed enough to get game time, so hard to comment. But Manassa? I'd have thought he was the one who made the decision to part ways. If that's not the case, it's a real head scratcher. A keeper for sure.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sorry to bombard everyone with the Manasa talk, but further conversations with him.

Hes mentioned fingers crossed a offer comes on to the table from the force as he really does want to return

Its a shame to see someone like this move on, when he did contribute on the field and obviously wanted to stay on

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    He won't be the only good winger who has slipped through the cracks at the Force. Nemani Nandolo and Jordan Rapana are a couple of examples. They both went pretty OK after getting the bums rush after a single season. Neither impressed enough to get game time, so hard to comment. But Manassa? I'd have thought he was the one who made the decision to part ways. If that's not the case, it's a real head scratcher. A keeper for sure.
    Nadolo is hardly a good example of the Force not getting the best out of a player; after playing for Perth Spirit (rather than the Force, per se) he spent a couple of years in the Shute Shield, failing to show much when trying out for the Waratahs, then went to Europe to play with Bourgoin and Exeter, neither of which got much out of him, either.

Then he went to Japan (NEC Green Rockets) and went well (against lesser opposition), earning a move to the Crusaders, and then Montpellier and Leicester where his second stint in Europe was marked with increasingly poor returns (he was 30+ by this time) and finally a move back to the Waratahs which went less well than his time with us.

IIRC, Nadolo only played twice for Perth Spirit. He didn't really go looking for work off the wing, and so barely touched the ball. Scored one try, dropped easy passes a couple of times, and then tore his hamstring(?) when going clear for a second try. Given this, is it that surprising that the Force (coached by John Mitchell and containing Drew Mitchell, Cam Shepherd, Scott Staniforth, Nick Cummins, Haig Sare and DHP) didn't sign a lazy, uninterested and injury-prone back-up winger.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Nadolo is hardly a good example of the Force not getting the best out of a player; after playing for Perth Spirit (rather than the Force, per se) he spent a couple of years in the Shute Shield, failing to show much when trying out for the Waratahs, then went to Europe to play with Bourgoin and Exeter, neither of which got much out of him, either.

Then he went to Japan (NEC Green Rockets) and went well (against lesser opposition), earning a move to the Crusaders, and then Montpellier and Leicester where his second stint in Europe was marked with increasingly poor returns (he was 30+ by this time) and finally a move back to the Waratahs which went less well than his time with us.

IIRC, Nadolo only played twice for Perth Spirit. He didn't really go looking for work off the wing, and so barely touched the ball. Scored one try, dropped easy passes a couple of times, and then tore his hamstring(?) when going clear for a second try. Given this, is it that surprising that the Force (coached by John Mitchell and containing Drew Mitchell, Cam Shepherd, Scott Staniforth, Nick Cummins, Haig Sare and DHP) didn't sign a lazy, uninterested and injury-prone back-up winger.
    Always good to have a few inconvenient truths handy. :-)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry to bombard everyone with the Manasa talk, but further conversations with him.

Hes mentioned fingers crossed a offer comes on to the table from the force as he really does want to return

Its a shame to see someone like this move on, when he did contribute on the field and obviously wanted to stay on
    Welcome mate, no apologies required, that's what the forum is for
    If he wants to stay they should be signing him, if nothing else it means keeping a marquee player in the Force W, as they have already shown their hand there in wanting to re-sign Martha.
    I do believe he was off his own pace this season compared to last, but the outside back department isn't exactly overflowing for next year just at the moment!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Always good to have a few inconvenient truths handy. :-)
    True, but I thought......
    "Neither impressed enough to get game time, so hard to comment" .......
    covered it without, as my grandson says, "too much letters".

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

Is that you Manasa?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Is that you Manasa?
    Of course it is!

Wouldn't be the first player to pop up on here

Hope he stays

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Of course it is!

Wouldn't be the first player to pop up on here

Hope he stays
    I am def not Manasa

Sorry to burst the bubble.

Just wanted to let everyone know about the conversation i was having with him.

vCash
    I am def not Manasa

Sorry to burst the bubble.

Just wanted to let everyone know about the conversation i was having with him.
    Appreciate your input. Just having a joke.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Brendon Paenga Amosa

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast