Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Western Force signs former All-Blacks prop Atu Moli
    Thu, Aug 24, 2023, 7:58 AM
    WM
    by Western Force Media

The Western Force’s squad for the 2024 Harvey Norman Super Rugby Pacific season continues to take shape with the announcement of the signing of former All-Blacks prop Atu Moli.

The 28-year-old has five caps for New Zealand including playing at the 2019 Rugby World Cup where the All-Blacks finished third.

Moli can play tighthead and loosehead prop, offering versatility to the Force scrum line-up. He will relocate to Perth later this year having been with the Chiefs since 2016, where he made 53 Super Rugby appearances and scored three tries.

The former All-Black also captained his country at Under-20 level, leading the side to the 2015 World Rugby Under-20 Championship title.

Moli’s signing follows the contract extension of fellow prop Santiago Medrano, along with the addition of off-season recruits Lopefi Taifua, Harry Hoopert, Will Harris, Harry Potter, Ben Donaldson and Nic White for the 2024 season.

Force head coach Simon Cron was thrilled to add a player of Moli’s calibre and experience to his squad.

“One of the positions we needed to add squad depth was at tighthead prop,” Cron said.

“Atu brings with him a wealth of experience which will benefit us on the field, as well as helping to mentor some of our developing front row forwards off the field.

“The fact he can swing, and play both sides, gives us some flexibility and is a very unique skillset.”

“Atu feels like some of his best rugby is still ahead of him. It's now our job to help him achieve that.”

Moli was excited by his new challenge as well as the opportunity to play in front of the Sea of Blue at HBF Park, where the Force won five of six home games last year.

“I’m looking forward to taking my young family across to Australia,” Moli said. “I have very much enjoyed my time at the Chiefs but excited for a new challenge.

“In speaking to Simon Cron and some of the boys playing at the Force, I'm excited about where the club is heading and to be a part it.

“When playing against the Force previously I’ve seen how loyal and passionate the supporters are. It will be great to meet and get amongst the fans next season.”

The international prop joins Lopefi Taifua, Harry Hoopert, Henry O’Donnell, Will Harris, Harry Potter, Ben Donaldson and Nic White as recent Force signings for the 2024 season.

Atu Moli Position: Tighthead prop/loosehead prop Height: 190cm Weight: 130kg Born: 12/06/1995 Provincial club: Tasman All-Blacks caps: 5 for New Zealand (2017-2019) All-Blacks debut: 14/11/2017 v France XV, Lyon International debut: 20/07/2019 v Argentina, Buenos Aires

https://westernforce.rugby/news/west...u-moli-2023824

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Argentine prop Santiago Medrano extends with Force
    Wed, Aug 23, 2023, 4:45 PM
    WM
    by Western Force Media

Santiago Medrano has re-committed with the Western Force after penning a contract extension for the 2024 Harvey Norman Super Rugby Pacific season.

The Argentina international signed with the Force in 2021 from the Argentinian-based Jaguars. Over the last three years the 115kg tighthead prop has built a reputation as a skilful and hard-working front rower who puts his body on the line each week.

Medrano, who earlier this month missed out on selection in Argentina’s World Cup, was third in the Force’s Nathan Sharpe medal in the 2023 Super Rugby season.

Medrano’s extension follows the additions of new Force signings Lopefi Taifua, Harry Hoopert, Will Harris, Harry Potter, Ben Donaldson and Nic White for the 2024 season.

Head coach Simon Cron is pleased the 33-time capped front-rower Medrano has re-committed, stating his hefty frame and international experience is influential on and off the field.

"Santi is a legend in our team. He is tough, resilient, and driven to be the best. The coaches love working with him, and the players follow him on and off the field," Cron said.

"We are excited that Santi and his partner Sofia are keen to stay in Perth and be a part of the Force into the future. I feel Santi still has huge upside and the potential to be one of the best tightheads in world rugby."

The 27-year-old has made Perth home and is confident in the team's position ahead of the 2024 season.

"Perth has become our new home; we have loved our three years in WA and can't imagine living elsewhere in the immediate future," Medrano said.

"I wanted to stay at the Force as there is a lot of potential within the squad and club. We were so close to making finals this season; the squad has enough drive and talent to play finals footy in 2024.

“There have been huge shifts in mentality and skill from where I started at the club three years ago. The work that is constantly put in off the field is starting to show on match days, and I expect big things from this group next season.

“I am excited to team up with our forwards coach Jimmy Duffy again; he has improved my game considerably over the last six months. He is a very knowledgeable coach, and I value his ideas and look forward to seeing where we can go next season."

https://westernforce.rugby/news/arge...-force-2023823

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Did he change his mind?
    Nope

vCash
    Another huge signing Atu Moli

Last edited by Tazzmania; 24-08-23 at 08:22.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

The international prop joins Lopefi Taifua, Harry Hoopert, Henry O’Donnell, Will Harris, Harry Potter, Ben Donaldson and Nic White as recent Force signings for the 2024 season.

https://westernforce.rugby/news/west...u-moli-2023824
    Have not seen anything about this signing.

https://all.rugby/player/henry-o-donnell

vCash
    Article also lists Henry O Donnel as being signed I think I missed that announcement somewhere.

Henry O'Donnell - Midfield

Henry O'Donnell becomes the latest to join Norths ahead of the 2023 campaign.

After a stint with Sydney University, the Northern Suburbs junior returns home to the Red & Black. Currently with the Waratahs and Junior Wallabies, Henry’s one of the brightest prospects coming through NSW’s pathways.

A powerful and skilful Midfielder.

Interesting signing if correct, and from Simon's old stomping ground.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    One more short term hooker until Brendon Paenga Amosa aririves and we have a pretty decent team rolling out. Looking forward to 2024

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Looking forward to 2024
    Yep. The composition of the squad looks a step-up. Should deliver a few steps up the ladder. Maybe a lot of steps. It's always pleasing when players from elsewhere appreciate the WA life and commit to the club for longer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    One more short term hooker until Brendon Paenga Amosa aririves and we have a pretty decent team rolling out. Looking forward to 2024
    Yeah definitely on the Hooker front.
    I'm backing Kaitu'u to get his head back in the game after seemingly losing his way with the C against his name last season and I'd be leaning towards Horton to start if bigger Props Medrano and Moli are starting, but definitely need another option to cover injury.
    Maybe Pearce is getting rebooted as there are now quite a few Props.
    Not sure who else we currently have in the WTS/Academy in emergency?
    Have to retain them both for a second year, but Medrano-Paenga Amosa-Moli is a pretty hefty combination!
    Plus, by then, Robertson back in the mix.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Squad looking very good now. Key as always is keeping our best props on the park and then getting Rodda on the field as well. Will Rodda be ready for start of season or later?

O'Donnell was brilliant for under 20's very sharp.

I would be looking for something like this

1 - Moli
    2 - Horton
    3 - Medrano
    4 - Williams
    5 - Rodda
    6 - Anstee
    7 - Tizzano
    8 - Harris
    9 - White / IFL
    10 - Pasitoa
    11 - Potter
    12 - Stewart
    13 - Spink
    14 - O'Donnell
    15 - Donaldson

16 - Kaituu
    17 - Hoopert
    18 - Wagner
    19 - Faifua/Kalapu
    20 - Wells / Koteka / Callan
    21 - IFL / White
    22 - Kuenzle
    23 - Burey / Tiatia

vCash
    I'd like to see Kuenzle reach his potential next year and be able to force his way into the stating side.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Jake Strachen has signed with the Rebels.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/melbou...obbins-2023829

Champion
    vCash

So has Ollie Callan's brother Luke I hear.

vCash
    Apparently Henry O'Donnell signed - TBA

vCash

Good news for Jake

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 ... LastLast