Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Williams can follow in Hodgo's footsteps!
    They might be going with co captains like qld have done but hope not, it should definitely be Williams I believe

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Aside from the political optics not being great, I would like to see the context his response was framed against (damn you paywalls...).
    The rest probably deserves a separate thread, but I can see upside if a mutual "no poaching" agreement between Force and Bears.
    To expand the pro squad at fitness sessions, touch warm ups etc and competition in the gym would surely be a positive. Plus another tenant at the ground and training facilities should also be a good thing.
    Imagine the potential if Tattarang bought them

Gareth Chilcott on playing his last game of rugby for Bath in 1993 “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    On the flip side, he would be two years towards Wallaby eligibility...
    I'm not sure Captaincy would be a good fit for him.
    He's a great player and definite XV, but is pretty highly strung and emotive in the interactions with Officials that I have seen.
    For mine, I think best left as an unofficial leader and "hype up man" for the lads.
    Williams is generally far more calm and gives the appearance of listening rather than debating when called by the Ref.
    I love that streak of mongrel in Sam, he’s a fierce competitor. I shall hope that the sunshine, beaches , Force culture etc are strong enough lures to tempt him with an extension, finals footie wouldn’t go amiss.

My wildcard for the gig is Reesjan.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    I love that streak of mongrel in Sam, he’s a fierce competitor. I shall hope that the sunshine, beaches , Force culture etc are strong enough lures to tempt him with an extension, finals footie wouldn’t go amiss.

My wildcard for the gig is Reesjan.
    That would be extremely left field

Just watched the Stan sport launch, definitely looks like Wells is the man according to them.

Felt Horan was very patronizing in the way he spoke to Wells and talked about the force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Owen View Post
    That would be extremely left field

Just watched the Stan sport launch, definitely looks like Wells is the man according to them.

Felt Horan was very patronizing in the way he spoke to Wells and talked about the force.
    Didn’t see much in Horan’s questions myself, not beyond the top eight comment.

Wells is spot on about away performance and definitely hope the Sevens will help draw a good crowd for R1 - there’ll definitely be a strong Kiwi contingent

Gareth Chilcott on playing his last game of rugby for Bath in 1993 “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

vCash
    Super Rugby Pacific: Western Force lock Izack Rodda feeling confident after off-season foot surgery

Ben Smith – The West Australian – 19 Feb 2024.

Western Force lock Izack Rodda is confident his surgically-repaired foot can withstand the rigors of the looming Super Rugby season as he nears the completion of his rehab.

The Force star’s past 18 months have been curtailed by stress fractures in his right foot, but the Wallaby has declared his most recent surgery has left him feeling like he has a new foot.

After playing a total of 76 minutes last Super Rugby season due to the persistent foot problem, Rodda’s World Cup plans were put on ice when the injury resurfaced in Wallabies camp.

It triggered first ray osteotomy surgery for the towering two-metre second rower - a procedure Rodda said has him confident of being more than a bit-part player ahead of the Force’s home opener.
    “The surgery really helped, re-shaped it a bit. It’s offloaded a few of those bones that were putting it under stress, but now it feels like a new foot,” he said.
    “The way I understand it is, they flattened out my foot a little bit, made it more natural to alleviate the pressure and I think it’s done that.”

Rodda is targeting a round two or three return to the action, pending the seal of approval on his rehab regime.
    He was a heartbreak story ahead of the World Cup when he suffered a re-occurrence of his foot problems, but the 25-Test player revealed he had entered Wallabies camp knowing there was a risk of the injury flaring up.
    “I had a chat with the surgeon, Wallabies staff, Force staff and it was one of those ones where it was a chance of happening because I needed this surgery, but I thought I’d give it a crack - if I had the surgery, I would have been ruled out of the World Cup,” he said.
    “I thought I’d give myself a fighting chance and we all agreed on a plan and we executed that plan, in my opinion, perfectly, but it just wasn’t meant to be.
    “It was always as a chance that would happen, but it was very upsetting. I put in a lot of hard work, everyone put a lot of hard work into me and to come up short was pretty disappointing - but also pushed the hand to get it fixed for the future.”

Rodda said rumours of his demise or premature retirement were greatly exaggerated.
    “It’d be nice to know who was saying all that stuff, because what I was hearing from my surgeons and what I was going through was completely wrong,” he said with a laugh.
    “I had this surgery because speaking with a surgeon, it was the best thing for me to get back and to have another hopefully 10 year-plus career and if anything, it has added a bit of fuel to the fire to get back and prove people wrong - but also given me confidence now that the foot is good, and it does feel great.”

With a return to action merely weeks away, Rodda said being able to join his teammates on the field had released a mental pressure valve.
    “It’s good just to be training again, because after having an extended time on the sideline, you don’t get to enjoy that part of the game,” he said.
    “You don’t get to actually go out there and perform and train and grow relationships with your teammates.
    “It’s a breath of fresh air, we’re all here to play rugby and I’m getting to train now, which is one of the biggest factors in playing on the weekend.”

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Huge news! Let's hope all goes to plan

vCash
    Seems like Ben Smith of the West has discovered Rugby.

Super Rugby Pacific: Western Force recruit Will Harris excited by competition for spots in back row

Ben Smith – The West Australia – 19 Feb 2024

New Western Force number eight Will Harris has welcomed the competition for spots in a crowded back row and believes it will only aid his development.

After swapping sky blue for dark blue in the off-season, ex-Waratah Harris is likely to make his Force debut when they host the Hurricanes in their opening Super Rugby Pacific game of the season.

The 23 year-old started both of the Force’s pre-season trial games and after off-season surgery, could line up in the number eight jersey at HBF Park on Friday night.
    But with Michael Wells, Carlo Tizzano, Tin Anstee and Ollie Callan jostling for three starting berths in the back row and a spot on the bench, Harris knows five does not go into four.
    “Everyone’s hungry. Everyone wants to play, wants to start and wants to work really hard, which ultimately creates a really good environment for that little group within the team,” Harris said.
    “Wellsy is a great person I’ve leaned on a lot, he’s played a lot of footy; Carlo I’ve played with before, you know what you’re going to get; Ollie is similar and Timmy is a very high-level player as well.
    “We all push each other, but help each other out at the same time and try and get the best out of each other to ultimately make the team better.”

With a lot of attention on the Force after a strong off-season recruitment drive, Harris said the message from coach Simon Cron was to not get too ahead of themselves.
    “He’s just been saying ignore any noise that might be from external; keep it internal, focus on our process,” he said.
    “We pride ourselves on playing a high pace, high skill and playing right to the end so we’ll just focus on doing that and the rest will sort itself.”
    Harris needed an off-season shoulder reconstruction, but said his recovery had been a quick turnaround.

vCash
    Noooooooooooooooooooo!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1762085113980981572

It would be hard for hm to tun down in true. Maybe Simpson got them talking

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooo!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1762085113980981572

It would be hard for hm to tun down in true. Maybe Simpson got them talking
    He'll be eligible for a Wallabies cap soon, I hope somebody is talking to him about that

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    He'll be eligible for a Wallabies cap soon, I hope somebody is talking to him about that
    What he said

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37