Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Burgs would make the perfect replacement!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Burgs would make the perfect replacement!
    Will need to get the knee replacements scheduled in pretty quick then

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Not letting facts get in the way of a good shit stir.Donaldson and white were both ra contracts which the force only pay the first 200k.
    Perhaps it's not a binary situation?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I would assume it to be an Academy position at best, but noted Finn Prass, the Australian Schools Fullback I was impressed with in the two Tests against NZ, has transferred to Perth and ran out for the Force U19s on the weekend.
    He is a pretty mature player and has an enormous kick on him, though was a bit wayward in front of the sticks this match.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Prospect
    vCash
    It may not just be me

But i am alittle worried about the outside backs at the moment
    With a lack of wing options looking at the squad besides potter looks like the other wing postion is either going to be filled by someone we haven't seen out there previously or poolman or leahy which is going to be a big step up to be the starting winger week in and out
    Maybe just my thoughts but what does everyone else think

Also the talk of Brandon at hooker has gone very quiet I know it's not till 2025 but alot of stories then nothing

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Fergus Lee-Warner and Need Slack-Smith have both signed with Waratahs for 2024.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/nsw-wa...-2024-20231011

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    It appears that Manasa Mataele is about to re-join the Crusaders

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    It appears that Manasa Mataele is about to re-join the Crusaders
    So we don't need a top class winger?

But the most successful club side in the world do???? hmmmmmmmm

Sh1t! we must have some gun signings still to be announced!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    So we don't need a top class winger?

But the most successful club side in the world do???? hmmmmmmmm

Sh1t! we must have some gun signings still to be announced!
    Back three pretty decent already no additional signings needed.

Donaldson, Potter, Tiatia, O'Donnell, Leahey, Poolman

Note: I suspect his release may also have had something to do with his brother being unable to stay injury free, two seasons and two season ending injuries, and the reduction in non Australian eligible players in the squad (Medrano, Moli and Spink more crucial).

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Name:  F9zrwInbYAA_Q9A.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  93.1 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Back three pretty decent already no additional signings needed.

Donaldson, Potter, Tiatia, O'Donnell, Leahey, Poolman

Note: I suspect his release may also have had something to do with his brother being unable to stay injury free, two seasons and two season ending injuries, and the reduction in non Australian eligible players in the squad (Medrano, Moli and Spink more crucial).
    Disagree with you there Tazz.

Potter will likely be utilized on the wing because of Donaldson & Tiatia. So then there's a big lack of experience on the other wing with your aforementioned. And certainly no one in the same class of Mataele or Pulu.

I thought O'Donnell was more of a centre? Leahey isn't ready & the jury's still out on Poolman

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Prospect
    vCash
    Disagree with you there Tazz.

Potter will likely be utilized on the wing because of Donaldson & Tiatia. So then there's a big lack of experience on the other wing with your aforementioned. And certainly no one in the same class of Mataele or Pulu.

I thought O'Donnell was more of a centre? Leahey isn't ready & the jury's still out on Poolman
    I am generally concerned about our wing options
    Who would you genuinely say are our options
    We have back up across the whole pitch besides on the wing without playing players there that we haven't seen play there previously

Are we still able to bring in overseas talent as I can't seem to see many Australian options
    If we are surely olawafela wouldn't mind coming back rather than playing for nottingham where he is last listed at

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Recap of the new Force signings for the 2024 Super Rugby Pacific season

Thu, Nov 2, 2023, 3:00 PM by Western Force Media

The Western Force will commence pre-season for the 2024 Harvey Norman Super Rugby Pacific season next week, with several new faces to be among the group.

To help you get excited about the 2024 season, we’ve gone back and recapped all our new recruits.

Nic White

Simon Cron: "Nic is a great addition to the team. When we look at our team and the key jigsaw pieces for us to be successful, we look at recruitment and retention and what the player makeup looks like. Nic adds an enormous amount of experience."

"He is a winner, he is a brilliant leader and game manager. One of the things that excited me about Nic is that he fights until the last minute. One of the biggest areas we can grow in is our leadership groups. We have a number of emerging leaders here and the key thing for us is to give them role models to learn from, Nic will be one of these.

"We are really excited, Nic comes with his wife Melissa and his boys, Sonny, Leo and Vincent, and we look forward to welcoming them to Perth… Plenty of kids out there want to be the next Nic White, and the best way to foster this is to meet him and see him in action."

Ben Donaldson

Simon Cron: “As a team we need to grow our positional competition. It’s critical that we have competition in each position so when we train, the intensity and accuracy tests our execution. Ultimately practice execution, becomes game reality.

"Dono is a world-class player and a great human who will add to our squad. In talking with the other 10's, they are excited to have him onboard because it will only make everyone push to be their best. He is a triple threat in attack with a running game and kick and pass skillsets, which means the defence must think. Combine this with his drive to learn and the desire to be his best, we are excited to get him over here.

“We look forward to putting him in different situations and scenarios that will help him develop as a player and give him the structures around him that he needs to be successful."

Harry Potter

Simon Cron: “Harry has been a great addition to our squad. You could see his speed, skills, and high work rate through the Spring Series. He adds leadership and a high level of action word communication when the ball is in play, which is something our entire team are continuing to work on. He has a team first focus, and we love having him here.”

Atu Moli

Simon Cron: “One of the positions we needed to add squad depth was at tighthead prop. Atu brings with him a wealth of experience which will benefit us on the field, as well as helping to mentor some of our developing front row forwards off the field.

“The fact he can swing, and play both sides, gives us some flexibility and is a very unique skillset. Atu feels like some of his best rugby is still ahead of him. It's now our job to help him achieve that.”

Will Harris

Simon Cron: "Will is extremely fast and explosive as well as having a high skill level. He adds another genuine lineout option to our forward pack because he is incredibly fast off the ground.

"I was lucky enough to coach Will a few years ago and he is a player who is always wanting to learn and get better. He is very driven and adds a wealth of Super Rugby experience at such a young age”.

Harry Hoopert

Simon Cron: "Harry's addition brings depth to our front row. With 48 Super Caps and Australia A appearances, his experience is invaluable. He'll challenge and elevate his fellow players on a daily basis, both on and off the training field."

Lopeti Faifua

Simon Cron: “He’s 6’6 with a big strong body. He’s explosive and powerful. He’s still only a young buck at 21-years-old. He’s a genuine lock with a willingness to learn. We’re really enjoying coaching him and are excited already with what he is bringing to training.”

Henry O’Donnell

Simon Cron: “He was a standout at Australian Under-20s playing at centre. It’s a genuine opportunity for Henry to come across and put some pressure on people. He’s really keen to learn, get better and hone his craft. His signing is another example of us looking at the future of the Western Force, mapping out a succession plan for these players to come through, play Super Rugby and keep the Western Force strong for years to come.”

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Disagree with you there Tazz.Potter will likely be utilized on the wing because of Donaldson & Tiatia. So then there's a big lack of experience on the other wing with your aforementioned. And certainly no one in the same class of Mataele or Pulu.I thought O'Donnell was more of a centre? Leahey isn't ready & the jury's still out on Poolman
    I'd play potter, Donaldson and poolman/Leahy with tiatia on the bench.Poolman has been getting better, with the number of starts he had last year now is the time to put up or shut up he either shows he's good enough or moves on.Leahy is a talented kid who just needs some time in the saddle, he could well be benching behind potter tiatia and Donaldson.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd play potter, Donaldson and poolman/Leahy with tiatia on the bench.Poolman has been getting better, with the number of starts he had last year now is the time to put up or shut up he either shows he's good enough or moves on.Leahy is a talented kid who just needs some time in the saddle, he could well be benching behind potter tiatia and Donaldson.
    Did you happen to see Tiatia in the NPC?

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast