Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Another in the outside three, though too early this year, to keep an eye on is this young fella Finn Prass that has come over from Queensland to the Force U19's.
    Not sure the arrangement, but hopefully some length to his stay, he is a great talent to invest in/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Did you happen to see Tiatia in the NPC?
    Only followed the reports on here through sheer laziness

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Only followed the reports on here through sheer laziness
    He played very well, albeit he would have had a bit more time and space than in Super Rugby.

vCash
    Does anyone know how many squad places we have left to fill?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    He played very well, albeit he would have had a bit more time and space than in Super Rugby.
    If I recall correctly played a lot of 15 and some 13?

Not sure whether he's wasted on the wing, but certainly deserves to be in the mix. THe fact that Potter looked so good against the Cheetahs is a similarly double edged sword, he might have looked good because the opposition was well below Super Rugby standard and Tiatia is a miles better option, hard to tell.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If I recall correctly played a lot of 15 and some 13?

Not sure whether he's wasted on the wing, but certainly deserves to be in the mix. THe fact that Potter looked so good against the Cheetahs is a similarly double edged sword, he might have looked good because the opposition was well below Super Rugby standard and Tiatia is a miles better option, hard to tell.
    My trouble with Tiatia is it seems every time he touches the ball he tries to make the highlight reel &/or win the match.
    He is very skilled but doesn't seem to have a "consolidate" setting.
    By being on the bench he can hit that high energy approach across a variety of positions as legs start to tire/

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    If I recall correctly played a lot of 15 and some 13?.
    Mostly 12 in the latter part of the season.

vCash
    I'm interested in the squad announcement on 9 November.
    By my count we currently have 34 players signed for 2024 or beyond with Siosifa Amone and Henry Robertson yet to be confirmed (unless I missed the announcements). If I include the latter the average age of the squad is just under 25yo.

There would seem to be no need to be filling all places at this stage - especially if it means taking the best of only those currently available.
    I'd like to see another experienced THP and Lock and perhaps an impact winger but have no real issues in giving more game time to the existing talent.

It appears that 2024 will be a year of ongoing player development with the real impact of this young squad being felt in 2025.

At the same time I'm ready for some surprises..................

With the start of the pre-season I'm expecting to see an expanded wider training squad (WTS) including those club players identified to show potential after the games against the Cheetahs.

It will be interesting to see which players remain in the WTS in the New Year and the make-up of the Academy.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    10am Friday 10 November the final squad will be confirmed

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    10am Friday 10 November the final squad will be confirmed
    Actually 10am today, my bad.

https://westernforce.rugby/news/reca...season-2023112

vCash
    Western Force squad:

Siosifa Amone, Tim Anstee, Max Burey, Ollie Callan, Ollie Cummins, Ben Donaldson, Lopeti Faifua, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Nikolai Foliaki, Charles Hancock, Will Harris, Harry Hoopert, Tom Horton, Feleti Kaitu’u, Felix Kalapu, Bayley Kuenzle, Santiago Medrano, Atu Moli, Henry O’Donnell, Campbell Parata, Reesjan Pasitoa, Marley Pearce, George Poolman, Harry Potter, Ian Prior, Jackson Pugh, Izack Rodda, Papillon Sevele, Sam Spink, Hamish Stewart, Chase Tiatia, Carlo Tizzano, Angus Wagner, Michael Wells, Nic White, Jeremy Williams

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Western Force 2024 Super Rugby Pacific squad confirmed
    Thu, Nov 9, 2023, 9:59 AM
    by Ben Somerford

The Western Force has today confirmed its initial 36-player squad for the 2024 Super Rugby Pacific season with a couple more spots to be decided in pre-season.

Homegrown WA talents Carlo Tizzano and Marley Pearce, who was last season’s rising star award winner, have been upgraded from injury cover contracts to taking Super Rugby spots in 2024 and beyond.

Dynamic fly-half Max Burey, who spent last pre-season as a train-and-trial player with the team, is another who has been upgraded after a standout season year when called upon, having worked on his craft at the Force during 2023.

The return home of former Hale School student Tizzano in 2023, having spent three years with the NSW Waratahs and then Ealing Trailfinders in the UK, was a welcome sight for many of the Sea of Blue supporters as well as head coach Simon Cron.

“If we build a good program, where players feel like they are getting better at rugby and are supported, then I know we can entice Australian players to come back home,” Cron said.

Wallabies’ duo Nic White and Ben Donaldson along with former All-Blacks prop Atu Moli add a wealth of knowledge and excitement to the young squad. The very talented Harry Potter, who was a standout in the Toyota Challenge, has come back from the Leicester Tigers too.

They are joined by the extremely gifted number 8 Will Harris and loosehead prop Harry Hoopert, while Lopeti Faifua and Henry O’Donnell, having previously been announced as new signings, will be instrumental in the success of the team.

Back rower Papillon Sevele has been upgraded to a Super Rugby contract but will miss the 2024 season due to an ACL injury.

The Force made positive strides in head coach Simon Cron’s first season in charge in 2023 but narrowly missed the finals after a 5-9 campaign. Cron said he is excited to retain the core of last season’s group which will be complemented by their new recruits.

“A lot of the core team, who played high minutes this year are back again, which offers essential continuity,” Cron said.

“We’ve made some strategic signings of people we know will add to our team environment. Some experienced players will help with our player mentoring, as well as on-field consistency and decision making. The coaches, and players, wanted to improve positional competition so we can train at a higher intensity while continuing to drive up training standards and expectations.”

Cron said he was thrilled with the growth of leadership, and the players professional approach, during the 2023 Super Rugby season as well as the four-game Toyota Challenge series against the Cheetahs - South Africa’s Currie Cup winners – in August and September.

“We’re working on our technical/tactical knowledge by continuing to challenge each other’s rugby brains during the week. We were really impressed by all the players during the Toyota Challenge and how they helped drive some of the core growth areas we were working on during the 2023 Super Rugby season.”

Cron noted two or three spots are still open in the Force Super Rugby squad with a view to selecting players who impress in pre-season training which formally commenced on Tuesday night.

“We’re now coming back in for Super Rugby pre-season with some critical focus areas with the team to develop,” he said.

The Force open their 2024 Super Rugby Pacific season on Friday 23 February 7pm WST against the Hurricanes at HBF Park. Memberships are on sale now, including the offer of free Junior Memberships. More info here.

https://westernforce.rugby/news/west...firmed-2023119

vCash
    Happy to to see Cambell Parata upgraded to full contract, very suprised not to see Ronan Leahy.

Notable missing names:
    Bo Abra
    Winston Rebolo
    Henry Robertson

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Happy to to see Cambell Parata upgraded to full contract, very suprised not to see Ronan Leahy.

Notable missing names:
    Bo Abra
    Winston Rebolo
    Henry Robertson
    No Kane Koteka either

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Leahy could be one of the 2-3 positions still pending, may be waiting confirmation or rejection from other Wing prospects.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast