Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    The Donaldson signing is a bit of a concern for me. I would like to see Pasitoa & Burey to bedeveloped into our 10s. They seem to offer the skill set that we need out there, and the gel of the 9-10-12 has been really good.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    The Donaldson signing is a bit of a concern for me. I would like to see Pasitoa & Burey to bedeveloped into our 10s. They seem to offer the skill set that we need out there, and the gel of the 9-10-12 has been really good.
    We need depth in all positions, with a variety of playing styles - to cope with injuries and also differences in opposition teams. I see it as a positive.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I've spoken to Simon [Cron] about playing a bit more at #13, so I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into that possibility. I also want to play more attacking footy, and the Force will allow that and progress that avenue of my game."

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I've spoken to Simon [Cron] about playing a bit more at #13, so I am really looking forward to sinking my teeth into that possibility. I also want to play more attacking footy, and the Force will allow that and progress that avenue of my game."
    He ain't no outside centre. Anyway, we've got the best 13 in Aus at the moment

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    I am excited about both potential new signings.

Will Harris at 22 years old, 107 kg and 1.54 metres is a big bodied forward that we need.

Ben Donaldson is a decent sized flyhalf and at 24 and at 1.84 metres will make a much better option alternating and / or complimenting Pasitoa than Burey as I think he may have a much higher ceiling. Importantly I think their may be a wallaby top up involved which helps our player spend. ( and better buy than an ageing JOC)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    He ain't no outside centre. Anyway, we've got the best 13 in Aus at the moment
    We have however if Spink goes down there is no natural replacement. As Cron said we need to three deep in all positions.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    We have however if Spink goes down there is no natural replacement. As Cron said we need to three deep in all positions.
    Hope he's got a boat load of props coming then!!!

Very evident players are willing to come here to play for him (Cron)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Will Harris at 22 years old, 107 kg and 1.54 metres is a big bodied forward that we need....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Will Harris at 22 years old, 107 kg and 1.54 metres is a big bodied forward that we need.
    Yeah, we started the season with no big, balrunning #8 and we finish with isi and Harris.I think people also expected that out of Michael wells and that clearly isn't his go.I think Harris and nasairani fight it out for 8, with some pretty exciting options in backup.

C'mon the

vCash
    I am excited about both potential new signings.

Ben Donaldson is a decent sized flyhalf and at 24 and at 1.84 metres will make a much better option alternating and / or complimenting Pasitoa than Burey as I think he may have a much higher ceiling. Importantly I think their may be a wallaby top up involved which helps our player spend. ( and better buy than an ageing JOC)
    Totally agree Tazzie.

Donaldson is only 3cm shorter than Beauden Barrett and offers a real point of difference to the other options.

Will Harris is actually 1.94 m which makes him a lineout option (along with Felix, Jeremy, Isi and Jackson) building good back row depth.

vCash
    ''Under Rugby Australia’s new contracting model, a group of around 40 top players are contracted directly by RA but the deals still require the state to pay the first $200,000 of the salary, and to agree to a preferred position nominated by RA.''

Apart from the signings this is the part that interested me most. I was pretty skeptical about the mutterings of egalitarianism coming out of Moore Park from when the latest Mosman Junta purged Clyne & Co. - and they desperately needed content for Stan. We will probably never know what dastardly deals were stitched up to enable the warehousing of talent "over there" (yes,yes we know the most players originate "there") but perhaps this $200,000 spend per player may facilitate some type of actual working salary cap. It doesn't solve everything as can be seen in the AFL & NRL - they still contain "haves & have nots". A lot of it comes down to who has the savvy operators in the front office & Football Dept. But it might just give us a better shot.

P.S. I still remember the dastardly deals that kept the Rabble afloat and sunk us. So the jury is not in just yet.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Isi is only signed for this year, right? I have a feeling if he doesn't get any love from Eddie he'll go overseas. If he stays, and Rahboni is given a contract, no need for Harris.

Player
    vCash
    According to All.Rugby:

Occupied positions by Harry on start team :

Winger : 56 times ( Right Wing 65%, Left Wing 28% )
    Center : 4 times ( Outside Centre 7% )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Looking at the article it's Harry Potter saying that he wants to play a bit more at 13.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/06/0...-super-return/

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Isi is only signed for this year, right? I have a feeling if he doesn't get any love from Eddie he'll go overseas. If he stays, and Rahboni is given a contract, no need for Harris.
    What contract is Rahboni on? I feel like a lot of people are underrating him, he is very good and hope we keep him long term. Might have to play 6 though

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast