Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Western Force v Chiefs Saturday 3 Juune 2023

Senior Player
    vCash
    10400 or so crowd is pretty bloody good too.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Was pleased to see most of the bench players having a real crack at the Chiefs - especially the front row, Felix, Issak and Bayley.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Was pleased to see most of the bench players having a real crack at the Chiefs - especially the front row, Felix, Issak and Bayley.
    Certainly weren't taking a backward step

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I remember Simon in the one ore-season meeting explaining that Marley felt quite nervous and may not feel tready to play this year. That nervous Marley seems to have disappeared very quickly after his debut

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by volvo; 04-06-23 at 13:37.

vCash
    Realise that Force were way outmuscled, but am sure the stats will show they were still in the mix. Don’t forget the intercept pass and from where we were sitting the 2 massive forward passes on another try, along with Spinks held back in a scrum, I think they did more than what they’re getting credit for. Seems they’ve had a loooong hard season of travel, injuries and the wrong side of decisions. Went way above what I expected this season.

vCash
    We were completely outplayed, and the number of missed tackles was horrendous, but the chiefs were allowed to get away with murder at the breakdown and offside line. Berry was almost their biggest cheerleader constantly saying they're fine, he's legal, fair contest, etc. when the chiefs player clearly wasn't. As usual, the force weren't allowed to get away with much, and we gave away too many super obvious, stupid penalties that just gives the opposition way momentum.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Honestly, all that says is that the Force, and Australian teams in general, have to get far better at being cynical and working out right at the start of the season what the refs will wear. By the end of the season, there is no excuse for talking about how refs were interpreting things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    I remember Simon in the one ore-season meeting explaining that Marley felt quite nervous and may not feel tready to play this year. That nervous Marley seems to have disappeared very quickly after his debut
    This season's most improved. Very good footwork in the tight

Will be a major asset for years

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Well it looks like Nick Taylor has a gig with Fairfax Press. Too bad his first article (that I've seen anyway) is about Saturday Night. Hopefully he'll still be on board next year if they deem our boys worthy of reporting. Might turn it from "WA(ratahs) Today" into a proper Rugby section. Don't suppose many want to read another rehash of Saturday, but anyway.......

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...04-p5ddql.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well it looks like Nick Taylor has a gig with Fairfax Press. Too bad his first article (that I've seen anyway) is about Saturday Night. Hopefully he'll still be on board next year if they deem our boys worthy of reporting. Might turn it from "WA(ratahs) Today" into a proper Rugby section. Don't suppose many want to read another rehash of Saturday, but anyway.......

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...04-p5ddql.html
    Fortunately behind paywall...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Just watched the game. Focused on Rebolo. Thought he had a very good debut. Good around the field, ready and willing to take the ball up. Good at Lineout and Mauls, only saw him miss one tackle. First Scrum was a worry after he was penalised, which I thought the Chief's LHP pull him down. Interestingly, after that first scrum the Ref moved to the opposite side. After that he didn't give away a scrum penalty. Not saying he's a starter, but a good investment. I'd be getting him to practice his Lineout throwing!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Just watched the game. Focused on Rebolo. Thought he had a very good debut. Good around the field, ready and willing to take the ball up. Good at Lineout and Mauls, only saw him miss one tackle. First Scrum was a worry after he was penalised, which I thought the Chief's LHP pull him down. Interestingly, after that first scrum the Ref moved to the opposite side. After that he didn't give away a scrum penalty. Not saying he's a starter, but a good investment. I'd be getting him to practice his Lineout throwing!!!
    Yeah agreed, given what was going down around him I was pretty impressed. I imagine he'd like to have his first 5 minutes over (involved in 3 penalties by my count) but overall pretty good.
    Only need to see his Insta account to see how big a deal it is to him and his supporter base!
    I'll put my hand up having questioned his position in the Squad last week given couldn't even crack a bench spot at his age. For the record, for what little it's worth, I think he should feel fully vindicated.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    His stats confirm a very decent shift from Wilton

9 carries for 6 metres, 14 tackles with 1 missed.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Yeah i agree, i was at the game and thought that Medrano looked a bit different!

otherwise played quite well, and looks like someone who is definitely worth investing more in. Seems like a good find, but i know nothing about him.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    His stats confirm a very decent shift from Wilton

9 carries for 6 metres, 14 tackles with 1 missed.
    14 tackles is big effort.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5