Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Force v Cheetahs Spring Series matches locked in

vCash
    So many WF players stepping up - esp Poolman and Kuenzle.
    Williams doing a good job as captain.
    Pack holding it's own against a much bigger bunch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Marley Pearce TRY.....almost....TMO denys

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Cheetahs 4th try off rolling maul, they lead 28-20. 12 mins to go

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Luala TRY...28-27, 6 MINS TO GO

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Cheetahs Penalty, 31 -27 . GAME OVER

vCash
    Top effort - thanks lads.
    7 x Club players blooded to a higher level - impressive.

Last edited by andrewg; 27-08-23 at 15:18.

vCash
    Just watched the replay. Was that the most entertaining game Ive ever seen the Force play? The final score didn't really matter. I don't think any of the guys played a bad game. How often do you get to say that? How good is it to have a bloke in your team named Giovanni? or a bloke that looks like a viking?
    Seriously though I loved the style of play. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves throwing the ball around in attack and trying different things. I hope they persist with this style for the remainder of the series. Great way to build combos and team cohesion. The forward pack held their own but it was always going to be a battle against the Cheetahs rolling maul. Something to work on for next game. Max Burey can be an exciting player with the way he mixes things up. His chip kicks were pretty much spot on. I notice Pasitoa only got about 10 mins at the end, maybe they are just easing him back slowly after his long layoff with injury. He has good incentive to reach his potential if he's going to take the 10 jersey off Burey.
    Rowan Leahy made the most of his opportunity and with further development could be something special. Spinks and Potter had strong games as did Kuenzle. Horton played a strong game as did Williams off the back of the scrum. Lopeti seemed to enjoy his first game in Force colours.
    I just don't have a bad thing to say about the team. Most enjoyable game I've seen in a long time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It's a positive that their only tries were from rolling maul, but it is also an area our squad needs to develop. It looked like we were under a fair bit of pressure in the scrums too. Good experience for Pearce.

I really like Horton, but he isn't big as a hooked.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Just watched the replay. Was that the most entertaining game Ive ever seen the Force play? The final score didn't really matter. I don't think any of the guys played a bad game. How often do you get to say that? How good is it to have a bloke in your team named Giovanni? or a bloke that looks like a viking?
    Seriously though I loved the style of play. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves throwing the ball around in attack and trying different things. I hope they persist with this style for the remainder of the series. Great way to build combos and team cohesion. The forward pack held their own but it was always going to be a battle against the Cheetahs rolling maul. Something to work on for next game. Max Burey can be an exciting player with the way he mixes things up. His chip kicks were pretty much spot on. I notice Pasitoa only got about 10 mins at the end, maybe they are just easing him back slowly after his long layoff with injury. He has good incentive to reach his potential if he's going to take the 10 jersey off Burey.
    Rowan Leahy made the most of his opportunity and with further development could be something special. Spinks and Potter had strong games as did Kuenzle. Horton played a strong game as did Williams off the back of the scrum. Lopeti seemed to enjoy his first game in Force colours.
    I just don't have a bad thing to say about the team. Most enjoyable game I've seen in a long time.
    There's not a lot I can add to that... which is good 'cause I'm late out the door!
    If not for a couple of wayward kicks into the in goal and a little better discipline keeping the Cheetahs out of our 22 then the odds are we would have taken that. Away from bigger bodies and a lethal attacking lineout maul I think the Cheetahs were no better than us, which given the respective time of season cycle and the Squads playing is very encouraging.
    There would be an argument for the young crew being let off the leash and playing without fear of failure and how that would translate to season proper, but I really enjoyed the way they played.
    I would also note at the end of the match it was the Cheetahs who first went to the roped off area while the Force (including obscure fringe players) were those in demand for photos with the local kids, to which they were very gracious I felt. A great advertisement for Western Australia and WA Rugby.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 27-08-23 at 11:27.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    All performed well. Stand outs…: Horton, Faifua, Spink, Marley. Potter very much reminds me of DHP

Love the freedom and adventurism that Burey plays with. He won’t die wondering! Pasitoa has got his work cut out

Last edited by WFDom; 26-08-23 at 12:24.

Champion
    vCash
    Likewise on Todd4, Burgs and James' comments. I thought Leahy showed a lot of promise as well. If that is the type of entertaining rugby we can expect next year - bring it on.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Why am I surprised that there is there no coverage in The Worst about the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Why am I surprised that there is there no coverage in The Worst about the game.
    It's simply because there is much more important news taking up the sports pages after both locals missed the AFL finals. Like West Coast trying to manufacture positive spin after yet another surrender; this time to the under performing Crows.

Eagles collect spoon and get first crack at Reid

West Coast failed to send off their trio of retiring champions with a win, but their 45-point loss to a Taylor Walker-inspired Adelaide has at least ensured they will get first crack at boom Victorian midfielder Harley Reid.. - WA Today

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Anyone know where I can find the game? Thought it was on 9 sports but not there!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Anyone know where I can find the game? Thought it was on 9 sports but not there!
    Stan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast