Thread: Waugh out to fix ‘disconnect’ in Australian Rugby as they eye off Director of Rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Waugh out to fix ‘disconnect’ in Australian Rugby as they eye off Director of Rugby

Rugby Australia CEO Phil Waugh is optimistic the proposed centralised model can maximise the performance of Australian teams across all levels of the game.

RA announced the structural change on Wednesday morning, designed to align the Super Rugby clubs, Member Unions and the national programs.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/waugh-...-rugby-2023823

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Ho-fkn-hum.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I hope Tony Lewis has got some fucking massive concessions because it sounds like we're back to the model that engineered our demise in 2017 to cover up a poor tahs

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I hope Tony Lewis has got some fucking massive concessions because it sounds like we're back to the model that engineered our demise in 2017 to cover up a poor tahs
    Reads to me that is almost an opt in/opt out situation, with varying agreements.
    Unsurprisingly, it isn't particularly clear.
    One thing is for certain, it will only be happening if it assists the Walla... sorry, Waratahs.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I do find it amusing that it is the brumbies and Tahs who are now on the financial chopping block. Who was the NSW rugby fella who said that he looked forward to casting lots for the Force's spoils?

I was also reading over at G & G on how this situation now makes it the perfect time to renew australian rugby, and no surprises, making it sydney centric and doing away with Super rugby. With Mr Waugh's thoughts firmly in my head I'm wondering how much is just idle musings and how much truth there might be in all of this

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    When it comes to 'Australian' rugby, you can be sure that where there is smoke, there are a dozen little shites with matches and accelerant.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I do find it amusing that it is the brumbies and Tahs who are now on the financial chopping block. Who was the NSW rugby fella who said that he looked forward to casting lots for the Force's spoils?

I was also reading over at G & G on how this situation now makes it the perfect time to renew australian rugby, and no surprises, making it sydney centric and doing away with Super rugby. With Mr Waugh's thoughts firmly in my head I'm wondering how much is just idle musings and how much truth there might be in all of this
    Mate, without trying to be too sensationalist, the only way this is something that will get over the line in Australia is if the benefit goes to NSWRU. with the voting power they have at general meetings and the way they've leveraged almost complete control of the board and, as a result, the management of the game, they will block anything that isn't in their specific interest.

Sydney needs centralisation, because they're broke and can't buy the players they want, so they pedal out the centralisation wheelbarrow, get all the player and staff salaries off their books and ensure that RA tell everybody where they can play and how much money they get.

it'll take all of 15 minutes for the Sydney mafia to exert pressure where they need it to become the Real Madrid of Aussie rugby. The Rebs also have runs on the board in that space.

C'mon the