Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Jones departs

vCash

Eddie Jones departs

Good news if true. No pay out, and time to find someone to take the Wallabies forward.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/w...4fcca8ee9a8ea9

https://www.ruck.co.uk/breaking-eddi...s-for-new-job/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It'll bring it to a head at least.
    I really rankle, in all walks of life, where "secret" discussions/negotiations are leaked though.
    It's a shit tactic in negotiations and a total breach of trust for those involved.
    If I was Eddie and I was favouring going, that would be enough for me to change my mind.
    If you can't trust them with private negotiations then what can you trust them with once you're in the building?!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Having only read the first few paragraphs of the fox Sports article. It sounds like bullshit speculation and gutter journalism, rather than a story based upon fact and research.

I didn't see anything in the bit I read before I gave up that wasn't already reported and certainly no statements from the main players.

C'mon the

vCash
    I don't understand why everyone is upset if he did an interview. He might be 100% committed to the Wallabies. But are RA 100% committed to him coaching the Wallabies. I would think less of him if he was arrogant enough to turn down an interview and closing a potential door he might need if the board knee jerk a decision.

He had Hansen come and look at the Wallabies earlier and the media went nuts about Hansen defecting ti Wallabies. Maybe Jones was just consulting with the JRU. Who knows.

I see no problem with him keeping doors open if he gets sacked.

Champion
    vCash
    If it’s true what a complete debacle the last 9 months have been! Who in their right mind would want to take on the Wallabies now 🤷*♀️

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    If it’s true what a complete debacle the last 9 months have been! Who in their right mind would want to take on the Wallabies now ��*♀️
    Well, this^^^^

What coach of a high pedigree would want the job if they were the 3rd in a year.

Similar to the Eagles, we need a coach with know how, not just crack the shits and give to anyone

vCash
    Nothing really confirmed in either of those articles, but IF it's true Hamish McLennan really should walk as well. He bet the farm on bringing back Eddie for the World Cup and likely signed off on him using the World Cup as a development exercise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is upset if he did an interview. He might be 100% committed to the Wallabies. But are RA 100% committed to him coaching the Wallabies.

I see no problem with him keeping doors open if he gets sacked.
    My Thoughts too. AFAIK McLennan had a reputation for being a pretty ruthless decision maker before he was appointed. He's been even more hands-on than Clyne - and apparently lost an effective CEO by sidelining him in the process of boning Dave Rennie. Given that track record how would any coach be confident enough to knock back a job interview just in case?? What a fkn circus.

Would not be surprised if Jones conditionally stalled any decision by the JRU until the outcome of the review into the RWC debacle.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Having only read the first few paragraphs of the fox Sports article. It sounds like bullshit speculation and gutter journalism, rather than a story based upon fact and research.

I didn't see anything in the bit I read before I gave up that wasn't already reported and certainly no statements from the main players.
    Yeah, when I saw "Staff Writers" as the author I immediately thought "Christie Doran is getting his contacts to lay the boots without any further evidence"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Article is paywalled but:

Wallabies coach Eddie Jones privately reassured Rugby Australia officials as late as Tuesday that he was committed to leading the country’s struggling national team, despite international reports of an imminent appointment as Japan’s next head coach.

https://www.afr.com/companies/sport/...0231012-p5ebtl

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    A Frenchman telling a French audience that the two French based players were better... wow...
    Hate to think how shit Arnold would have been if he had been Australian based...

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/wallabie...SkPvuuMKw-cbA4

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    A severe case of CYA ! ….

vCash
    How hard is it for Hamish McLennan, Eddie Jones or even both of them to come out with a quick statement or presser and put the rumours to bed?

vCash
    Wallabies coach Eddie Jones is scheduled to participate in an in-person interview for the role of Japan's head coach in early November.

Jones will be one of three candidates to meet with a Japanese selection panel after round one interviews were conducted online.

As reported during the Rugby World Cup, Jones did a Zoom interview in August, just days before the Wallabies played their final warm-up game against France.

Jones, who coached Japan from 2012 to 2015, denied he did the interview, but the ABC can confirm it did take place.

After the Wallabies' loss to Wales, he said he took "umbrage" at being asked whether he had applied for the role and said he would leave the post-match press conference if that line of questioning continued.

On his arrival back to Australia from France on Thursday night, Jones again reiterated his commitment to Australian rugby as rumours of his departure continued to swirl.

Rugby Australia has not spoken about the rumours, although chief executive Phil Waugh said during the tournament, "Eddie is committed for a long time".

The Wallabies crashed out of the pool stages of the World Cup after losses to Fiji and Wales, marking the first time Australia has failed to make the knockout stages in the history of the tournament.

The Japanese Rugby Football Union (JRFU) is operating on the understanding that Jones has a clause in his contract with Rugby Australia that allows him to be released after the World Cup.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-...-job/102972550

vCash
    "but the ABC can confirm it did take place" is an interesting line.

I get the concept of protecting sources, it's certainly a stronger statement than "I said, in a story last week, that I'm suspicious about this thing"

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast