Thread: Force 2024 trial games

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Force 2024 trial games

Force 2024 trial games revealed with free Fan Day at February 10 home game

Wed, Dec 6, 2023, 6:01 AM
    by Ben Somerford

The Western Force is thrilled to announce it will host the Club’s annual Fan Day alongside their final trial game against the ACT Brumbies at Revo Fitness Stadium in Claremont on Saturday 10 February.

Continues-

https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...emont-20231206

Western Force 2024 trial games

Queensland Reds v Western Force - Saturday 3 February 2024, Ballymore, time TBC

Western Force v ACT Brumbies - Saturday 10 February 2024, Revo Fitness Stadium, play starts 5pm WST, free entry (Fan Day from 4pm)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Why is this being played on a paddock at Claremont. What is wrong with one of our local RECTANGULAR rugby grounds.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The general rumblings I heard before the Cheetahs matches was that local Clubs were asking too much to host.
    No idea the validity of that, but what I heard.
    It is a very convenient location with the train though and having been now to both U16/19 and Force v Cheetahs it would seem the crowd is happy with it too.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I attended both the Cheetahs and Under 16/19 games and I really liked it as a venue.

Unlike the club grounds the grandstand just gives you much better height visibilty for the game.

Also the stand will have our backs to the sun for that time of the afternoon.

Added to this for me the train was a win, made getting to and from the ground so much easier.

More than happy with the choice

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think it's probably more to do with the fact that the cost of fencing any local club adequately to host 10 -15.000 spectators is upwards of $50,000, the Force would likely not want to contribute but would want the gate takings, and that no club would be silly enough to take on the distraction and financial risk just before the start of their own local season.

vCash
    Ideally, a local ground with the host club getting a fair share of the takings would be fantastic. I attended both the Cheetahs matches and I'd say Mandurah needs to be ruled out for night matches due to the very substandard lighting but OK for afternoons with the sun behind the stand. Claremont Oval was great and I'd be happy to go again. Having said that, the more non-comp games that are sent outside central Perth the more new people might come for a squizz.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ideally, a local ground with the host club getting a fair share of the takings would be fantastic. I attended both the Cheetahs matches and I'd say Mandurah needs to be ruled out for night matches due to the very substandard lighting but OK for afternoons with the sun behind the stand. Claremont Oval was great and I'd be happy to go again. Having said that, the more non-comp games that are sent outside central Perth the more new people might come for a squizz.
    Agree mate, I think they had the two fixtures the wrong way around.
    Would have had a Saturday arvo in Mandurah (nothing particularly wrong otherwise with the venue but they did seem under pressure catering etc which would likely relate to volunteer time from knocking off work) and then either Friday arvo, or tie in the "Unders" fixtures for a full day Saturday festival approach. Parents of the "Unders" could have been issued a pass and the rest covering the cost of both events in one.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.