Thread: Triston Reilly returns to NSW Waratahs

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Triston Reilly returns to NSW Waratahs

Thu, Dec 14, 2023, 5:14 PM
    Waratahs Media

The NSW Waratahs are pleased to announce the return of speedster Triston Reilly after a short stint with the West Tigers. Reilly, who debuted for the Waratahs in 2020 is returning to NSW to bolster the outside back stocks for the 2024 Super Rugby Pacific season.

Born and bred in Dunghutti Country NSW and a product of the NSW Waratahs pathway system and the Randwick Rugby Club in the Shute Shield, Reilly was a former Australian 7s representative and capped nine times for the Waratahs before departing at the end of 2022.

Reilly said he was delighted to return to rugby and to the NSW Waratahs, “I’m excited to be back in rugby union, especially here at the Waratahs. I really enjoyed my stint in league, but I’m happy to be back in this position playing with the Waratahs.

“I’m keen to get into training with the boys, work hard during the pre-season and put my best foot forward for selection. I know I have some work to do, DC has built a strong squad but we will all be pushing each other to get a spot in the match day squad.”

NSW Waratahs Head Coach Darren Coleman spoke of his excitement to see Rielly back in rugby, “It’s been an unexpected bonus and a surprise to have Triston become available so late in the piece. We were always looking to bolster our outside backs but needed to find the right person.

“I was excited to see Triston debut in the NRL last season and he played well in his appearances, he’ll come back more experienced, more battle hardened as he goes into his fifth or sixth year as pro.

“Triston will compete hard with Wilso (Harry Wilson) and Vuate (Karawalevu) and put pressure on last year’s incumbents (Nawaqanitawase, Pietsch & Jorgensen). We are all looking forward to watching his growth”.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Certainly put pressure on last year’s incumbent, Nawaqanitawase, all the way out of the code.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I really can't remember him (haven't had time for much else than Force matches in the last few seasons) but seems to have a pretty handy apprenticeship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv1aoKKqj5c

His only try for the Tigers is on Facebook and seems like a reasonable effort.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.