Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Strapped Rebels in danger of folding

vCash
    Now issues with Rugby Victoria:

Rugby Victoria now facing questions over missing financial documents

Rugby Victoria has filed just one annual report to the consumer regulator since it took control of the Melbourne Rebels in 2017 – the same year it admitted the Super Rugby club was bleeding millions, and there was “significant doubt” it could continue operating as a going concern.

The governing body of rugby in Victoria – which owned the debt-riddled Super Rugby franchise until it entered into voluntary administration last month – could not explain why it had failed to submit any annual reports to Consumer Affairs Victoria since 2018, despite being legally required to do so....

The six-year administrative failure was uncovered after this masthead made a request to Consumer Affairs Victoria for Rugby Victoria’s annual reports on Friday. The regulator soon contacted the organisation to chase the missing documents.

Consumer Affairs Victoria has been unable to explain what appears to be a massive governance failure, and declined to respond to detailed questions about how this oversight was possible.

Rugby Victoria president Neil Hay was adamant that all the required annual reports and financial statements had been completed, but could not explain why they had not been submitted to the regulator.

“They’re done every year – so why weren’t they sent? I’ve got as much of an idea as you,” Hay said on Monday.

Hay said an email to Consumer Affairs Victoria containing the missing documents had been drafted, with a plan for it to be sent by Monday evening.

The regulator was approached on Tuesday to confirm whether it had received the documents.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 20-02-24 at 15:13.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    despite being legally required to do so....
    How could they possibly know that they were legally required to do this, it's not as if they had anyone with any legal knowledge on the board....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Now issues with Rugby Victoria:

Rugby Victoria now facing questions over missing financial documents

Rugby Victoria has filed just one annual report to the consumer regulator since it took control of the Melbourne Rebels in 2017 – the same year it admitted the Super Rugby club was bleeding millions, and there was “significant doubt” it could continue operating as a going concern.

The governing body of rugby in Victoria – which owned the debt-riddled Super Rugby franchise until it entered into voluntary administration last month – could not explain why it had failed to submit any annual reports to Consumer Affairs Victoria since 2018, despite being legally required to do so....

The rest behind a paywall
    "I'd like to explain why we haven't submitted the annual reports that we were legally required to do.

However I can't because it will then become clear that we knew we were trading whilst insolvent which is an offence that carries a bigger penalty than not submitting documentation"

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Added the rest of the article to Tazz's post

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Rugby Victoria has the governance of a turnip.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Rugby Victoria has the governance of a turnip.
    I think you may be maligning turnips

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash

But seriously, it was a malfunction with Tim North's matter transporter. The stream was hit by a solar storm and accidentally beamed to the office of The Big Giant Head somewhere in the Cepheus+Draco System. I don't see the problem.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    After 20 minutes, rebels are setting up for a belting in front of about 15 people. They're not making the decision hard are they?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    After 20 minutes, rebels are setting up for a belting in front of about 15 people. They're not making the decision hard are they?
    I'll reserve judgement on the crowd until watching us (despite acknowledging your point around the extra incentive for Melbourne) but yeah, for "arguably the best Rebels Squad ever" they aren't performing yet.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I'll reserve judgement on the crowd until watching us (despite acknowledging your point around the extra incentive for Melbourne) but yeah, for "arguably the best Rebels Squad ever" they aren't performing yet.
    Our crowd clearly bigger, our performance equally badThat judgement from a one eyed force supporter.

C'mon the

vCash
    Extract from PWC letter to creditors 23/02/2024 (Confirmation of Extension):

"............
    On 21 February 2024, the Administrators and Directors agreed to the following conditions with respect to the
    extension to the convening period:

a) that funding to meet the reasonable costs of the administration for the period of the extension must be
    provided to the Administrators within 72 hours of a cost estimate (or updated cost estimate) being provided
    to the Directors;

b) details of the proposed DOCA must be submitted by close of business on 22 March 2024, including
    confirmation that the key stakeholders required to participate in or agree to the DOCA are supportive of the
    DOCA proposal, or a later day where the Administrators consent;

c) if the above details are forthcoming to the satisfaction of the Administrators, the Directors will then be
    afforded a further 21 days to negotiate and finalise the draft DOCA proposal for inclusion in the
    Administrators’ report to creditors ahead of the second meeting;

d) if the Administrators form the view at any point in time that the proposed DOCA is no longer a viable option,
    they will convene the second meeting of creditors after providing 72 hours’ notice to the Directors; and

e) the Administrators will act reasonably and work with the Directors to formulate a suitable DOCA for the
    benefit of all creditors.

The Court was informed of the above conditions prior to the Orders being made.
    ................."

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The 72 hours have expired.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    The 72 hours have expired.
    not judging by the elastic stopwatch at Rugby Australia it hasn't

Still another 3 months to go

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Our crowd clearly bigger, our performance equally badThat judgement from a one eyed force supporter.
    What was our crowd? 7,855?

That's pretty average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    What was our crowd? 7,855?

That's pretty average.
    Yep. I've only missed a few games since the move to Perth Oval and I know I wasnt alone in thinking it was more. I thought at least 10000+.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast