Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 2025 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    I suspect the June date has more to do with availability for the Wallabies without invoking the Giteau Law.

I would assume that this will be a wallaby "Top Up" contract hence the finalisation only now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I suspect the June date has more to do with availability for the Wallabies without invoking the Giteau Law.

I would assume that this will be a wallaby "Top Up" contract hence the finalisation only now.

If I remember correctly, most NH contracts run until 30 June, so I expect he will finish up in France once their season is over and all commitments there are completed.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs10 View Post
    If I remember correctly, most NH contracts run until 30 June, so I expect he will finish up in France once their season is over and all commitments there are completed.
    That would make sense as it allows for Finals and end of season wrap up, however, given no chance of Finals, there have been instances of early release to Clubs outside of the same competition. Without looking at their Squad, perhaps a chance to start players that will be there in 2025 etc.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Speculation growing that recently released Leicester Sydney born Ex England International centre Guy Porter may be heading our way.

As a genuine outside centre if true would make a good replacement for departing Sam Spink

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Speculation growing that recently released Leicester Sydney born Ex England International centre Guy Porter may be heading our way.

As a genuine outside centre if true would make a good replacement for departing Sam Spink
    https://www.rugbypass.com/news/engla...-super-switch/

vCash
    Looks like Nick Dolly also ex Leicester and Sydney born hooker also rumoured to be signing shortly

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Looks like Nick Dolly also ex Leicester and Sydney born hooker also rumoured to be signing shortly
    All.Rugby have this as a done deal quoting Western Force, but I can't find an announcement on website or socials.

Is a little light for modern International Hooker I'd of thought, but at least as an Australian born player he should be eligible straight away as last/only English Test was 2021.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Anyone feeling a little sorry for Horton?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Anyone feeling a little sorry for Horton?
    Yes
    And Isaac fines

Rookie
    vCash
    Dolly is a done deal, but Force prematurely posted the article earlier today before quickly pulling it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/RugbyAustra...1_cap_english/

I do feel sorry for Horton, but nothing to say he isn't still going to be re-signed for 2025 as far as I can see? I'd rather have 3 or 4 quality hookers than 2!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Porter hasn't been selected since Round 6, November 18th (Also Sam Carters last) the first week after returning RWC players (and 50th Cap).
    Dolly hasn't been selected since Round 4, November 5th last week before RWC players started returning. Respectable 20 odd minute hit out off the bench, apart from a mistimed first lineout, otherwise no clangers.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    After last night's performance, some thoughts on priority signings.

1.Santiago Medrano. Another important 70 minute shift; obvious scrimmaging power, but his workrate in general play is invaluable. Hasn't made the Pumas since landing here. That may be a big hurdle for Hodgo to jump.

2.Izac Rodda. Obviously.
    3.Jeremy Williams. Again obvious.
    4 Hamish Stewart. Consistent high workrate. Quiet achiever who goes a bit under the radar but gives plenty.

Depending on other unknown signings, Sam Carter & Kurtley Beale going around again would be OK. The latter was a big contributer to that performance and he's obviously still got it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    1. You'd hope Santi loved the life here. If the Rebels fold, there will be a couple of good TH options on the market.

2. Would love I-Rod to stay on.
    3. Ditto, but if Carter stays, maybe Williams plays 6.
    4. Stewart has been ace, but I can't see him staying unless he makes the Wallabies. On the flip side, I feel both Pasitoa and Kuenzle would be good options there.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    1. One of Medrano's best matches for the Force. As a Test Prop I keep a pretty high bar for him and was starting to feel he was dropping off this year, but confidence fully reinstated.
    That was a seriously good, well above average SR, Front Row he was fighting.

2. You forget how big a human Rodda is!
    There was a shot of him walking next to the Ref, who seriously came up to his shoulder.
    Until then it hadn't occurred to me at all that the Ref was short, he was a pretty average sized bloke.
    As much as I would love to see Rodda here for the rest of his days, I imagine given his recent "troubles" both parties will wait to see how he travels the rest of the season, maybe a final round announcement.

3. Agreed, though imagine a couple of those old bulls are probably on pretty cheap coin too. If they can all be in match cover at #6/#8 then the more the merrier.

4. The Force need a defensive #12 who can attack when needed. Stewart is arguably the best in that descriptor since Nathan Grey.

5. Beale needs to be secured before his price goes up in the NH.
    If you haven't seen it, worth chasing up his Cap presentation.
    I don't believe it to be faked emotion, he is very grateful for the lifeline and I don't think he has a SR future in any of the other four.

6. There's a big decision required at #9. While Prior is in his last year of contract at the end of his career, he appears to still be 3rd in line. Robertson isn't going to continue being the Waterboy for another year.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5