Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: 2025 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think Wells is a hard one. There appear to be so many undefinables there that makes the team perform better when he's on the park, despite not looking up to scratch in what he brings to the table.

By the sound of Masibakas contract it would be wise/possible to lure him back, but I'm not convinced that should be at the expense of a player who clearly brings a lot of experience and leadership to the young forwards.

He might be our new Ian Prior
    I think he is having a much better season this year than last; perhaps it's shedding the skipper role and assuming the VC; he clearly holds a very high personal standard and struggled to hide his disappointment/ dissatisfaction in some post-match interviews for the Rebels and the Force. From some of the interviews on the podcast, etc., the lads pick him as one of the hardest hitters in the full-contact practices. He's been involved in a few trys and bagged a couple himself, would like to see them keep him on as I reckon he drives that standard in training.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    I rather thought that Alex went to Montpellier on a 3 year deal as part of the alliance they were investigating a couple of seasons ago. He was in their academy and looks to have been loaned (or perhaps even transferred) now. He's a big unit and has had some great games fro Soyaux.
    Could well be mate, purely working off what I could find in all.rugby listing (2024 stated) and Wikipedia for Club (Academy listed).
    People in WA scene may well have better knowledge of the situation.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    As in hanging around filling a Squad spot "in case"?
    34 in Scrumhalf is probably younger than 32 ('25 Season) in Backrow years.
    Yeah, well injury cover is a requirement in a modern sporting team.

C'mon the

vCash
    Is Anstee injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Is Anstee injured?
    No he has been warming up with the team most weeks, so is probably just sitting outside the 23 at the moment.

Harris, Princep, Tizzano, Wells have the back row tied up at the moment, and Williams, Rodda, Fiafua (with Carter, Franklin) ahead in the locking position.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    No he has been warming up with the team most weeks, so is probably just sitting outside the 23 at the moment.

Harris, Princep, Tizzano, Wells have the back row tied up at the moment, and Williams, Rodda, Fiafua (with Carter, Franklin) ahead in the locking position.
    Agree with Princep and Tizzano having 7 & 8 sewn up. But I haven't been overly impressed with Harris.
    TBH I was hoping for a bit more from him after all the fanfare when he signed. More than happy to be proved wrong down the line

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    But I haven't been overly impressed with Harris.TBH I was hoping for a bit more from him after all the fanfare when he signed. More than happy to be proved wrong down the line
    If you have a look at my stats each match you may be pleasantly surprised, he is a quiet achiever.

Also remember he is only 23 years old and still growing into his role, and thats why he only plays 50 to 60 minutes each match.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I thought Harris was going well at 8 before injury, and think he should be switched back there. He's a stronger ball carrier than Prinsep, who has shown too much of a tendency to lose the ball in contact. Prinsep is a workhorse, so well suited to 6.
    I'd also be looking to squeeze Anstee in on the bench at the expense of Wells. Anstee is more versatile, has way more upside and needs minutes on the field.
    Do agree that Wells has been going alright though. His leadership is needed at times, but we should have that covered now with Rodda, White, Williams, KB and Stewart.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    I thought Harris was going well at 8 before injury, and think he should be switched back there. He's a stronger ball carrier than Prinsep, who has shown too much of a tendency to lose the ball in contact. Prinsep is a workhorse, so well suited to 6.
    I'd also be looking to squeeze Anstee in on the bench at the expense of Wells. Anstee is more versatile, has way more upside and needs minutes on the field.
    Do agree that Wells has been going alright though. His leadership is needed at times, but we should have that covered now with Rodda, White, Williams, KB and Stewart.
    I think this selection headache is what Cron has been looking for - hopefully, Tim is hungry enough to fight his way back into the 23.

Gareth Chilcott after his last game for Bath in 1993
    “I thought I would have a quiet pint… and about 17 noisy ones.”

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9