Thread: SO, WHERE ARE WE AT?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash

SO, WHERE ARE WE AT?

The pre-season has been running for over a month now, yet there is barely a skerrick of information as to how the various clubs are standing in relation to the coming local season.

The west scarborough bugle has sworn off club rugby, no-one posts here anymore, RugbyWA has a media unit who's raison d'etre appears to be the incessant advertising of unnecessary jobs for the unqualified, and a podcast that dedicates only its last few seconds to blather about club rugby. Mind you, given the perspicacity and involvement locally of the podcast's three presenters, that's probably not a bad thing.

Anyway, I suppose I better let you in on what I know.

Palmyra seems to have average numbers so far, but I doubt they will make the Rendezvous comp finals. They are still waiting for the arrival and return of several key players. Joondalup should prevail.

By way of gossip, one club has had to advise several recruited players not to come, as the club could not provide the accommodation, cars and jobs they had promised them. I admire their honesty.

Another tale doing the rounds is that a club has imported a player and after his arrival he was left to his own devices, no car, no job, no accommodation. He had to book himself a hotel room, and then sold himself to another club.

Sorry, I have nothing more to offer, for the reasons stated above, a buggered knee, and the fact that people wouldn't believe me.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm off to google perspicacity..
    ..and Only Rugby in the Building.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Only Rugby...
    Is that kinda like Only Fans???
    Rebels maybe need an account to help them out,,,

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    The pre-season has been running for over a month now, yet there is barely a skerrick of information as to how the various clubs are standing in relation to the coming local season.

The west scarborough bugle has sworn off club rugby, no-one posts here anymore, RugbyWA has a media unit who's raison d'etre appears to be the incessant advertising of unnecessary jobs for the unqualified, and a podcast that dedicates only its last few seconds to blather about club rugby. Mind you, given the perspicacity and involvement locally of the podcast's three presenters, that's probably not a bad thing.

Anyway, I suppose I better let you in on what I know.

Palmyra seems to have average numbers so far, but I doubt they will make the Rendezvous comp finals. They are still waiting for the arrival and return of several key players. Joondalup should prevail.

By way of gossip, one club has had to advise several recruited players not to come, as the club could not provide the accommodation, cars and jobs they had promised them. I admire their honesty.

Another tale doing the rounds is that a club has imported a player and after his arrival he was left to his own devices, no car, no job, no accommodation. He had to book himself a hotel room, and then sold himself to another club.

Sorry, I have nothing more to offer, for the reasons stated above, a buggered knee, and the fact that people wouldn't believe me.
    good to see you alive and almost breathing ,Frank,LOL

Champion
    vCash
    Some of the shit I'm hearing is next level dog acts by the usual offenders

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Some of the shit I'm hearing is next level dog acts by the usual offenders
    Well lets hear it too...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

PS. This is not an unqualified comment on the local game - it's just a little chuckle at the humour.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Anyone have any feedback on the weekend cup games. Must say it was brilliant scheduling playing when the Force have a double header!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Palmyra didn't do so well, going down 35 to nil to Joondalup.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Anyone have any feedback on the weekend cup games. Must say it was brilliant scheduling playing when the Force have a double header!
    games were at 1pm so plenty of time to get there

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!