Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Auckland Blues v Western Force

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Currently overseas and Stan informs me I cannot watch outside Australia, which after seeing the score and comments I am ok with.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeah don’t mate it’ll only make your day miserable!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Currently overseas and Stan informs me I cannot watch outside Australia, which after seeing the score and comments I am ok with.
    heading to Europe for 3 weeks on wednesday,perfect timing I feel,lol

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    A VPN with an Australian Server will fix that.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    A VPN with an Australian Server will fix that.
    Is that automatic or are there settings involved? I've had Surfshark for a few years but have been blocked from 9 Now, TAB & Sportsbet. Didn't try Stan or Netflix.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Match Stats

Defence first up:

Our much maligned forward pack did heaps of defence work.

Princep was mighty in defence.
    Coxon, Tauakipulu, Carter and Franklin worked hard.
    And as always Tizzano and Stewart featured.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-07 135654.png
Views: 296
Size:  11.3 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Score line suggests attack was not very effective.

White and Fines were busy.
    Donaldson, Burey and Horton attacked the line with good carries.
    Princep carried well and together with his defence stats and the leadership he showed on the field in very trying circumstances was my MOM.

Name:  Screenshot 2024-04-07 141012.png
Views: 296
Size:  25.0 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Do a stat list for missed tackles - you'll be busy!

vCash
    And passive tackles. The amount of post contact metres the blues made was ridiculous, as well as the number of times we were driven back post contact. It was a real men vs boys type game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Do a stat list for missed tackles - you'll be busy!
    I post the stats to show that sometimes the results do not reflect the hard work our players are doing in very trying circumstances.

The percent tackles made will help you get the negativity you are seeking, I will not post them but you can work it out for yourself.

Unfortunately I am not blessed to be the best in my field of work, my company is not the best in its field, but guess what there are lots of us hard grafters and companies that give all we have but will never be the best due to lack of resources, skills and many other things but will never give up trying and doing the best we can, just like my Western Force.

I am a foundation member, and will always be a half full not half empty glass supporter, because my team is doing the best it can, and thankfully I have a team to watch and support.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    because my team is doing the best it can, and thankfully I have a team to watch and support.
    I respect your stance, but acceptance of mediocrity and excuse making for the cause is dangerous Tazz. Amongst other things that attitude helped put our co@k on the block in 2017! I lost count of how many times people said they were just grateful to have a team to support.

If Cron does not accept good over great, why should we?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Thank you for respecting my stance.

Supporting a team that is on the wrong end of results more often than not, can be a test of our loyalty and resilience.

However, I will continue to support my Western Force no matter how difficult or hard it is or becomes for the following reasons:

1) I want a team in our city that I can have a strong emotional attachment to, one that I can actively follow and shout for during their games. I want to be connected to a team, my team, my Western Force.

2) I will never forget Matt Hodgson's pouring out of grief at that press conference that reflected all our feelings at the time in response to our cutting, and never want to go through that again. 5th September 2017 is etched in my memory.

3) As I supporter I will always have hope and optimism. I will always believe in my team's potential to bounce back, improve, and eventually succeed.

4) I will always maintain perspective. Sports are unpredicatable, and as a sports team on the west coast of Australia we face more challenges and setbacks than we would like, however being overly negative does not help.

5) I love the team spirit it brings to me. The sense of belonging and the camaradie and thats why you will not only find me at the mens team's home games but also the womens, u18's and u16's as well.

6) While I would think that not many Western Force players and Western Force staff visit this site, negative attitudes from us can impact them.

7) I recognise the decisions, effort and dedication that players and coaches put into the team regardless of the outcome. I appreciate the hard work that goes into each game and will continue to support the team as a sign of respect for those efforts.

8) True supporters stand by their team through thick and thin. Yes, we do all experience dissapointment when we lose, but the team deserves our unwavering support as they never take the field to lose intentionally.

9) For me the Western Force has become a fundemental part of who I am.

My support for the Western Force runs deep and is grounded in a strong sense of loyalty, resilience, and passion.

I will always post postively, I will keep cheering loud and proud for my team, my Western Force!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash

Supporting a team that is on the wrong end of results more often than not, can be a test of our loyalty and resilience.

However, I will continue to support my Western Force no matter how difficult or hard it is or becomes for the following reasons:

1) I want a team in our city that I can have a strong emotional attachment to, one that I can actively follow and shout for during their games. I want to be connected to a team, my team, my Western Force.

2) I will never forget Matt Hodgson's pouring out of grief at that press conference that reflected all our feelings at the time in response to our cutting, and never want to go through that again. 5th September 2017 is etched in my memory.

3) As I supporter I will always have hope and optimism. I will always believe in my team's potential to bounce back, improve, and eventually succeed.

4) I will always maintain perspective. Sports are unpredicatable, and as a sports team on the west coast of Australia we face more challenges and setbacks than we would like, however being overly negative does not help.

5) I love the team spirit it brings to me. The sense of belonging and the camaradie and thats why you will not only find me at the mens team's home games but also the womens, u18's and u16's as well.

6) While I would think that not many Western Force players and Western Force staff visit this site, negative attitudes from us can impact them.

7) I recognise the decisions, effort and dedication that players and coaches put into the team regardless of the outcome. I appreciate the hard work that goes into each game and will continue to support the team as a sign of respect for those efforts.

8) True supporters stand by their team through thick and thin. Yes, we do all experience dissapointment when we lose, but the team deserves our unwavering support as they never take the field to lose intentionally.

9) For me the Western Force has become a fundemental part of who I am.

My support for the Western Force runs deep and is grounded in a strong sense of loyalty, resilience, and passion.

I will always post postively, I will keep cheering loud and proud for my team, my Western Force!
    Wonderfully said thank you it puts into words how I feel but could never express so eloquently.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Wonderfully said thank you it puts into words how I feel but could never express so eloquently.
    I agree with most of that too. Nobody can tell me much about tough times as a supporter. But I'll also call it out when continual dumb plays or lack of effort are dished up. Foundation Force member. Bulldogs supporter member, with a large Souffs soft spot.
    Given what the Bunnies are going through I wore a Rabbitohs shirt when I went cycling today. A bloke who's obviously seen me before yelled "mate, you shoulda stuck with the Bulldogs jersey" ... "It's in the wash, mate" (true)....I also wear an original Force away jersey a lot. But he didn't give me another pay about that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Supporting a team ... proud for my team, my Western Force!
    Well put Tazz, I think you represent a lot of people in your words.
    The only thing I would have said differently is each bullet point would have been "1"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast