Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UK Season Ticket Prices

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

UK Season Ticket Prices

Pinched this off SoB post.
    Without knowing category being referred to it is a bit ambiguous to compare to SR, but found interesting the range.

Name:  Tickets UK.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  151.0 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I presume that the price includes all 10 home games in the Premiership, plus the domestic cup (2-4 homes games) and the European Cup (2-6 home games). So double the number of homes games we get.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I presume that the price includes all 10 home games in the Premiership, plus the domestic cup (2-4 homes games) and the European Cup (2-6 home games). So double the number of homes games we get.
    How on earth could they ever play that many matches... (sarcasm...)

Yep, get the extra, more a commentary on Newcastle £590 to Saracens £1,300 range.
    Would be interesting £/match, but would need to know seat category to compare for SR first.
    Also be interesting how much variation year on year.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Yep, get the extra, more a commentary on Newcastle £590 to Saracens £1,300 range.
    Would be interesting £/match, but would need to know seat category to compare for SR first.
    Also be interesting how much variation year on year.
    The "Platinum Plus" Sarries ticket includes padded seats right on the halfway line, and is aimed at a niche audience.
    Their "Gold" ST was GBP815 this year, for "Premium" seats in prime locations. In total, they have 7 different ticket categories, from GBP358 fir unreserved seating or standing behind the goals, up to the Platinum Plus padded halfway line seats.

By comparison, Newcastle only have 5 different price categories of ST (2x standing & 3x seated), without the premium padded options!

Newcastle's cheapest adult ST is GBP185 to stand or GBP309 to sit. Saracens is GBP358.

ST numbers in England appear to be declining from what I am hearing anecdotally, partially through cost of living pressures & a lack of confidence over clubs' financial stability & ability to remain solvent.

vCash
    Bath have a waitlist for a Season ticket and that's as far as my Google exercise went last night.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Bath have a waitlist for a Season ticket and that's as far as my Google exercise went last night.
    I may be wrong, but I think the wait list is so that renewals get a priority window over their seats (or the opportunity to move seats) when they go on sale, and then remaining seats are allocated in wait list order.
    I don't think their ST numbers are so great that they have reached a genuine cap on numbers in the way that some English soccer teams do.

Essentially, the Bath "wait list" is measured in days, rather than years.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Keep in mind stadiums are smaller. I remember going to Franklin Gardens back in 08 to watch the Force and Northampton. Pretty sure capacity was ~12,500- which surprised me quite a bit as we were at Subi at the time.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Keep in mind stadiums are smaller.
    Slight tangent here, but It would be great to see the Champs Cup final in May at Spurs Stadium. Tix range from 40 quid behind goals up to 599q on half way. I watched a packed out match between Harlequins & Sarries (IIRC) there a while back. Stunning stadium and atmosphere.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My only English experience was at Sixways in 2008, Worcester Warriors v Bath.
    Pretty sure that is ("was" ) a local Derby and while I don't recall now if mine was a walk up or my host scoring a season pass off someone, the 12,067 head stadium wasn't full.
    That said, the +10,000 made about as much noise as the Force first win at Subiaco all match!
    I used to have phone footage of around 5 minutes unbroken phases I happened to start recording at the right time of the Warriors defending their try line, didn't get outside of 15m the whole time and the crowd was immense! I was in the SE corner of the South Stand looking right down on top of it all, was awesome Forward trench warfare but for the purists that's for sure!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    My only English experience was at Sixways in 2008, Worcester Warriors v Bath.
    Pretty sure that is ("was" ) a local Derby and while I don't recall now if mine was a walk up or my host scoring a season pass off someone, the 12,067 head stadium wasn't full.
    That said, the +10,000 made about as much noise as the Force first win at Subiaco all match!
    I used to have phone footage of around 5 minutes unbroken phases I happened to start recording at the right time of the Warriors defending their try line, didn't get outside of 15m the whole time and the crowd was immense! I was in the SE corner of the South Stand looking right down on top of it all, was awesome Forward trench warfare but for the purists that's for sure!
    Yes, in my experience, UK & European rugby fans are far more passionate and vocal than Australian fans.
    Before moving to Perth, I was a season ticket holder at Leicester Tigers, and they were one of the few clubs to regularly sell out their home games.

Of the 123 Premiership games I watched in Leicester, the average crowd was around 16,800, which is impressive when you realise that for 2/3rds of those games, the stadium capacity was only 16,815 before they renovated and expanded the stadium.
    The 41 Premiership matches (excluding Finals) I watched at other English venues had average crowds of 11,000 (ranging from a low of only 3,000 to a high of 50,000 for a Christmas fixture at Twickenham)

...and yes, I do have a spreadsheet!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs10 View Post
    Disappointing! Thought you had it memorised

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs10 View Post
    to a high of 50,000 for a Christmas fixture at Twickenham)

OK; any idea why the Champions Cup final will be played at the "New White Lane" rather than Twickers? Great looking stadium, though it is?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    OK; any idea why the Champions Cup final will be played at the "New White Lane" rather than Twickers? Great looking stadium, though it is?
    Probably partially because they got a better deal on the venue hire.

I know that Tottenham is being used a lot to host large one-off events such as the NFL, so maybe they are charging a more competitive price than other large London stadia.

Also, the RFU is actually capped at a certain number of large attendance events they can host at Twickenham by the local council, due in part to the influence of NIMBY residents. If they have already used up their allocation on other pre-booked events (including any concerts, Barbarians v Fiji, SA vs Wales etc) they would probably have to pay a penalty to the council for the right to host another game, which would be passed on to the event organiser, making the hire more expensive still.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    For comparison, had a quick dig on three Shute Shield Clubs sites.
    Was $21 for a GA single match ticket and average $200 for similar Memberships, though some more expensive options with "all the fruit" and a taxable donation component.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Random question, Why are English Rugby grounds so small?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast