Massive news for Reds, Wallabies and Aus Rugby in general to secure this signature.
It is a bit of a Bellwether signing I believe and should help others (well maybe not other #12's...) to be retained.
Signatures are now being secured beyond the Broadcast Deal, it's time the Force started stitching up some longer commitments.

Hunter Paisami Re-Signs with the Queensland Reds and Rugby Australia through 2026

Wed, May 8, 2024, 5:47 AM
Queensland Rugby Media Unit

The Queensland Rugby Union and Rugby Australia are delighted to announce the re-signing of centre Hunter Paisami for 2025 and 2026.

At 26, Paisami is in some of the best form of his career and celebrated his 50th game for the Reds last weekend as part of a stirring victory over the Crusaders in Super Rugby Pacific in Christchurch.

Australian rugby has secured Paisami on a two-year deal, a major positive with the powerful centre looking to continue to contribute for the Reds and add to his 24 Test caps for the Wallabies.

“I’m really stoked to be signing for another two years in Australia and with the Reds,” Paisami said.

“I’m really enjoying my time at the Reds with (head coach) Les Kiss and his crew. He’s building something special and I want to be a part of it.

“A major goal is to pull on that gold jersey again. That starts here by playing my best footy for the Reds and hopefully the opportunity to play at the next level comes from that.

“Having the British and Irish Lions touring Australia next year comes around once in a player’s lifetime and hopefully I can earn a part in that.”

As Queensland Red #1347 and Wallaby #932, Paisami’s name is already on honour rolls that rugby players covet.

Playing five seasons at the Reds has built a stability that the 24-Test centre wants to continue.

“Stability and finding balance with rugby and family life are massive things. To have that, with the lifestyle of Brisbane for my little family, factored into this decision for sure,” Paisami said.

“We can relax a bit now that I know my future, concentrate on family life outside rugby and aim at winning a championship with the Reds.

“It was an easy decision with the way Les wants me to play and wants the team to play with the game plan he brings. I feel big growth in my game and it helps when you love coming to work.”

Rugby Australia Director of High-Performance Peter Horne said Paisami’s re-signed was timely.

“Hunter’s re-commitment to Queensland and Australian Rugby is a positive for all supporters of the game in this country,” Horne said.

“He’s shown some great form for the Reds so far this year and we look forward to watching him throughout the rest of the season.”

Reds coach Les Kiss spoke highly of Paisami’s influence on the 2024 Super Rugby Pacific campaign and his future.

“Hunter has been exceptional for us this season with how he has driven standards,” Kiss said.

“He’s showing more variety in his game. It’s always been there. He’s found how to apply it to the different style we are playing,” Kiss said.

“He’s a player who leads by his actions. The form he is in and with his age profile, there are good things ahead for Hunter with the Reds and as the strong option he offers the Wallabies.”

Born in Samoa, Paisami first played for the Reds in 2020 after building his case with strong 2019 displays for Wests in the StoreLocal Hospital Cup and for Brisbane City in the National Rugby Championship.

Later in that breakout 2020 season, he made his Test debut for the Wallabies against the All Blacks in Wellington.

Paisami and the Reds face the Melbourne Rebels on Friday night at Suncorp Stadium in Round 12 of Super Rugby Pacific.

Hunter Paisami

Position: Centre

Height: 172cm

Weight: 91kg

Born: 10/04/1998

Place of birth: Gataivai, Savai'i, Samoa

Senior Club: Wests

School: Mangere College, Auckland

Queensland Reds debut: 2020 v Brumbies in Canberra

Queensland Reds caps: 50

Wallabies debut: 2020 v New Zealand in Wellington

Wallabies caps: 24