Thread: Hodgson & Goodman elevated into new roles in HP re-structure

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Hodgson & Goodman elevated into new roles in HP re-structure

The Western Force today announces the following changes to the Club’s High Performance team.

Matt Hodgson will elevate from his role of general manager of rugby into the newly created position as director of strategic projects.

The new position is part of the Force’s ambition to create a world class rugby program with state-of-the-art facilities and long-term vision to be the leaders in Australian rugby.

Force CEO Niamh O’Connor said: “I’ll work closely with Matt in his new role, managing and assisting various projects, as well as undertaking the key role of ensuring a future pipeline of project funding opportunities are identified, managed and completed with success.”

Hodgson is a well-known Club legend at the Force, playing 140 times for the Club during his playing career from 2006 to 2017 before the 11-cap Wallaby moved into administrative roles with the organization where he’s been a critical influence.

Chris Goodman has been promoted to the vacant general manager of rugby role, moving up from the Club’s general manager of Academy position.

O’Connor said: “Chris has been with the Force for almost three years now and during this time he has shown commitment and dedication to his role as GM of Academy. We look forward to seeing him bring his knowledge and experience to his new role.”

Goodman joined the Force in 2021, having previously spent six years working with the Crusaders Academy, while he also has previous experience with Tasman Rugby Union.

Hodgson and Goodman have both commenced in their new positions.

https://westernforce.rugby/news/hodg...oles-hp-202452

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I wondered if thats what HP meant. Didn't think he'd changed to Hewlett Packard

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Matt Hodgson will elevate from his role of general manager of rugby into the newly created position as director of strategic projects.
    The new position is part of the Force’s ambition to create a world class rugby program with state-of-the-art facilities and long-term vision to be the leaders in Australian rugby.
    Force CEO Niamh O’Connor said: “I’ll work closely with Matt in his new role, managing and assisting various projects, as well as undertaking the key role of ensuring a future pipeline of project funding opportunities are identified, managed and completed with success.”

What does this actually mean in non-political speak.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    We've worked out we're going to have to do something other than box kicking to be competitive, so we've promoted someone from within our low performance staff to a position that he's got no experience in. To make up for that lack of experience, our most senior staff member, who has limited to no experience in either role, will pitch in to try and make it not be a financial failure.

Too harsh?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    We've worked out we're going to have to do something other than box kicking to be competitive, so we've promoted someone from within our low performance staff to a position that he's got no experience in. To make up for that lack of experience, our most senior staff member, who has limited to no experience in either role, will pitch in to try and make it not be a financial failure.

Too harsh?
    yeah yeah---nah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

It sounds much like “gardening leave” or “special projects” in public service-speak.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I wondered if thats what HP meant. Didn't think he'd changed to Hewlett Packard
    I was thinking of something saucier

Senior Player
    vCash
    Generally special projects at our workplace means one step away from don’t come next week!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I was thinking of something saucier
    i like my sauce hot