Thread: Perth Big Day Out.

vCash

Perth Big Day Out.

Perth Big Day Out.

Whos going?

I know I am

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ... I would but somebody won my tickets ... not mentioning any names but i think we all know who it was ;p lol j/k I dont like crowds! so i'll just sit at home hehehehe

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Me!
    Wouldn't miss Tool for anything

Predicted to be 40 deg that day too - hooweee!!

I want to be unique - just like everybody else!

vCash
    Yay, how fun!

vCash
    ohhh god ... so the mosh pit would be what? 100C?? lol the paramedics are gonna have there hands full! now kids make sure you drink lots of water!

ohhh and dont forget to take your Australian Flag and wave it proudly im such a shit stirrer hahahaha

Last edited by Lonzy; 28-01-07 at 15:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    I'm actually taking mine, just to mess with every thing

vCash
    amen! and you should were aussie bordies aussie singlet aussie boxers ... lmao I would pay money just to have gone to sydney and done that lmao!!! take my clothes muhahaha i'll show you!!!

vCash
    that was just the sydney big day out they wanted to ban the aussie flags from. won't cause any trouble wearing them to the perth one... sorry to burst that bubble.

I'm not going this year... would have been a blast but a certain special someone is in town that weekend and so I have to choose love over music... besides it's all shown on channel v anyway.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    even better ... I can watch it on channel V in my nice cool house ... which is that cool ... :s stupid lack of air con!!! you would think that the folks would buy some good aircon to go with this house why I aughta!!!!!! ... I need to move out :s ... I can cook

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    The TLH's are going Beav. Im a Tool fan from way back!
    Get me early, i'll buy you a Coke or something.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't want to using that word at the BDO TLH
    Sheesh, BDO, they were the days....
    Remember seeing Silverchair on the third stage in '94 and (I think...) fourth last on the main stage in '95.
    Personally I recon it was a better performance in '94...or maybe I had just hoovered more beers in that year...
    In '95, the three of them ran out on stage on whoever was playing second last (stupid brain ) dressed in op shop dresses, Daniel Johns hurled his into the crowd and I caught it. Had to halve it with this twit of a girl who managed to get one hand on it, think what's left is still packed away in a box somewhere....
    Also remember from '95 this dude dancing at the very top of the scaffolding, forty odd meters above the crowd, crowd went nuts and then he got bashed to a pulp (maybe) by security and cops when he finally came down.
    He was either one of the riggers who set it up or on some might fine gear....or probably both.
    Good times, but I think I'll stick to pubs and rugby these days
    Have a ball all who are going and don't let Petals lead you all astray

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    that was just the sydney big day out they wanted to ban the aussie flags from. won't cause any trouble wearing them to the perth one... sorry to burst that bubble.

Haha yeah but it would be extremely cool if all over the country a massive amount of BDO attendees dubbed the Aussie flag!
    Show the idiots that use it aggressively what it really means

I want to be unique - just like everybody else!

vCash
    I soooo want to go but me bloody house is sucking my cash away from me faster than i earn it, so noooo fun for frontrow...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    The Big Day Out would like to offer the following to clarify its position on "flag banning" at the Sydney show.

Contrary to the reports in the media, it was never our intention to disrespect the symbolism of the Australian or any other flag.

We are not banning the Australian flag but are simply discouraging its use for anti-social purposes at the Big Day Out.

We state unequivocally that flags will not be banned at any Australian Big Day Out show in the foreseeable future.

In recent times, there has been an increased incidence of flags brandished aggressively and this has led to increased tension. Our only intention in discouraging this activity at the Big Day Out is to ensure that our patrons are not subjected to this aggressive behaviour.

With all this in mind and the aim to create a happy, peaceful MUSICAL event, organisers would like to request that fans please leave their flags at home.

The Big Day Out is not an Australia Day event, but a music festival showcasing music artists from around the world and aspires to unify people through music.

Unfortunately the media reports yesterday were not quoted accurately and we must thank the participating media for wasting everybody's time including the Prime Minister John Howard, Premier Morris Iemma, NSW RSL President Don Rowe, Keysar Trad (a confidant of the Mufti Sheik Taj el-Dene Elhilaly) and Burt Lane of the Australian National Flag Association...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Strange that it took them 24 hours to come out with that statement after all their staff bolted from their office though.
    Nice spin doctoring by their PR department there...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast