Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Force go down to Highlanders at Home

vCash
    I was absolutely furious and gutted at the same time, trying to will the lads over the line by yelling at the telly or anyone who was in earshot of my house on friday night...I will not be posting a picture of this as it would be too disturbing for the kiddies...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Still catching up but top post Rodent, well put.
    I also agree a fair bit with Wobbers words.
    Still want to see the match before getting too carried away with player comment but on the night I felt that Gits became too predictable with continually stepping inside.
    It worked a couple of times but in the end he just had a wall of defence coming onto his inside leg but that didn't lead to a hole opening up for anyone else.

Perhaps it was just our Block, which seemed to be only half full, but the match seemed to lack a fair bit of intensity to me?
    The first half was like going down to watch a bit of beach volleyball at Cott and, with the score only a point the difference, much of the second half just drifted away as well.
    It was really only the last ten minutes that felt like any match from last year, from the crowd rather than the players.
    Second year blues perhaps or just where I was sitting?
    How did the intensity come across on the tele?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'm not sure i am in a position to answer that, but i will try...From what i recall the second half really lacked a sense of vigour in relation to both the game and the crowd( apart from the last ten minutes) , not me though, i was really amped by the time i got home and yelled at everything, which woke the baby up, which led to me getting reprimanded from mrs 'row, not to mention opening a stella, then dropping it cold on the floor smashing into hundreds of pieces, then grabbing a freshie and casually leaving the mess till the next morning, hence the sleeping on the lounge clause...So, my opinion is relatively flawed, but overall i believe we started well through the first half, early in the second, stunned in the mid second stages then really tried to bring it home in the end, to no avail...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3