Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suspension

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash

Suspension

Lets clear this up.Through a players agreement re alcolhol limit, all players must abide by it. Wobber was on ABC this arvo talking about the Force.Clearly Scotty was over the the limit prescribed by the team 0.04, when breath tested.It is very small change on the scale of things, even though some people may say he is a serial offender.
    He should know better and also being in a position of responsibilty.We are only human and after a meritorious win in Yarpie land with the crew, who would'nt enjoy a beverage( i certaintly did) and many other TWFers also i suspect.
    Unfortunately it may cost us against the Bulls.Chance for the younger crew to step up. It aint no hanging offence but a good wake up call for the team.

Cant beat a man who loves his club, winning and a bevvie.

PS: thank Christ the breath test was at 11am and not 8am( must of been a good niight)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Yeah just saw that on the news... doh!

Least he hasn't ditched his car and done a runner from any booze buses yet!

I want to be unique - just like everybody else!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    0.04! Hello!

vCash
    poor scotty, he just needs to get to know his limits and drink a little bit more responsibly, I dont mind taking the time to educate him in the art of drinking oh dear :s

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    What happens the next time he is caught

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fava
    “It was a misjudgment on my part and one, of course, I regret,”

“After my breach last year, I adopted an approach I thought would better manage my post-match re-hydration. Unfortunately, this was not enough,” he said.

“I don’t believe my body deals with the de-toxing of alcohol as well as other people and I will be making further changes as to how I approach my recovery.”

“I am part of the playing group which agreed to these protocols and I accept the consequences.”

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree with Burgs on this one (I think).
    These guys are professonal athletes paid to play at elite level. Theirs is no less a job because for the rest of us it is our recreation.
    As much as I enjoy a drink, I don't drink other than in moderation if I am expected to function at normal capacity in my day job the next day. If I did I would expect to lose my employment, one way or the other.
    If you have a reading of .04 at 11 am the morning after, you would expect to have, and undoubtedly would have, the mother of all hangovers. How can you work to capacity in that condition?
    I don't think I am being overly judgmental or critical. We all make mistakes. I have every respect for Fava and the others as players and I have no reason to doubt they are thoroughly decent individuals as demonstrated by their acceptance of the penalties without complaint.
    But there is a principle here which is more important than the next game, and that involves the club and the coach's credibility and self respect.
    If an employer cannot set, maintain and enforce minimal standards for his employees he wont be in business very long.

vCash
    I concur

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Harumpf harumpf!!!

Article from www.rugbyrugby.com which among most of the known facts also gives the reading for the other two fellas:

Three Force players fail 'breathalyzer' test

12/02/07

Three Western Force players recorded alcohol levels above the acceptable limits a day after their 22-3 win over the Stormers in a Super 14 match last Friday, following a night out on the town.
    A media release on Monday said that Scott Fava, Cameron Shepherd and Haig Sare all "breached a team protocol" by registering a higher than acceptable alcohol level the day after the match.
    It is not the first time that Australians' penchant for Cape Town's night life has landed players in trouble.
    Other high-profile Aussie rugby stars who landed in hot water for excessive alcohol abuse in Cape Town in the past two years include Wendell Sailor (on at least two occasions), Matt Henjak and Lote Tuqiri - not to mention the infamous Brumbies taxi-bashing episode of a few years ago.
    It is also not the first time Fava had been in trouble with the Western Force management for alcohol abuse.
    On Monday the Western Force team management announced that Fava had "breached a team protocol" and accordingly will not be selected in the matchday 22 to play against the Bulls in Pretoria on Friday.
    The team's protocols are internal standards aimed at achieving optimum recovery and preparation for next performance, according to the media releases.
    An alcohol level of 0.04 was agreed by the team as an appropriate limit for Saturday morning after the Stormers match, with the day being a non-training day.
    Fava's reading was 0.043.
    "It was a misjudgment on my part and one, of course, I regret," Fava said.
    "After my breach last year, I adopted an approach I thought would better manage my post-match re-hydration. Unfortunately, this was not enough," he said.
    "I don't believe my body deals with the de-toxing of alcohol as well as other people and I will be making further changes as to how I approach my recovery.
    "I am part of the playing group which agreed to these protocols and I accept the consequences."
    Fava will stay with the team for the remainder of the South African tour.
    Cameron Shepherd (0.047) and Sare (0.044) also breached the protocol and, in accordance with team protocol for a first offence, have been fined AU$500. They will still be available for selection.
    Rugby WA High Performance Manager Wayne Goldsmith said the organisation would not compromise its agreed standards, even if it meant leaving players of Fava's calibre on the sideline.
    He said the protocols had been revised at the end of 2006 and agreed to by the playing group, and they had to be adhered to.
    "No one has broken the law here, so let's put this in perspective. However, we have protocols which, while they don't stop the boys from enjoying themselves, they do aim to best prepare the players for the next game," Goldsmith said.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    A storm in a tea cup. Burgs your post was on the money. FS i normally agree with all your rugby insights, but not this time. This is small beer and you know it.

vCash
    I started this post with facts and figures and being busted on a school night and stuff but have gone back and edited it down a bit - in reality, my only hope is that they have cause to do it again this weekend

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm sure Fava is wishing the same thing. Carn the Force!

vCash
    The limits are not there because the club wants them to not enjoy a couple of drinks after the game, but it is in the best interests to the team, in terms of a proper recovery. Apparently the days of playing half drunk from the night before are over.. you can't even be half drunk the week before! haha.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was actually agreeing with Fulv as he was agreeing with what I said in the other thread sorry TLH
    If I was getting the money (very substantial amounts!) that these fellas are on then I would be under the limit, no questions asked.
    Come the end of the season......now that's a different matter!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    hmmm I never drink resposibly ... even when I have work :s ... right now ... I'm drunk ... okay I'm also a lier I do however remember the days were me and Terri would stay out till 6am getting drunk with strange bands ... okay iit only happened once but still it was a bit sus when we both called in sick ...

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast