Poll: Do you agree with the mexican wave during the game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mexican Wave

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic
    308? I've just realised that myself and the Beloved have managed to find ourselves in the same block as a bunch of you guys! Geez. I'm slow.
    Rows EE, FF, GG 1 on.
    Next to diamond members.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Dunno how old you are Luke but that song has been around a lot longer than the Barmy Army. I remember the Karratha Roosters team singing it in the sheds after every win in the early '80's. They had plenty of them and I heard most from the other room.
    im not doubting that it has been around for years but the fact the majority of todays peoples know it as a barmy army chant i just think if they going to be our cheer squad they can com up with something a little more original

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    Rows EE, FF, GG 1 on.
    Next to diamond members.
    And HH now.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    im not doubting that it has been around for years but the fact the majority of todays peoples know it as a barmy army chant i just think if they going to be our cheer squad they can com up with something a little more original
    hyp-o-crite
    -noun

1. a person who believes now the barmy army sings a song, no-one else should in the future or should have done in the past!
    2. usually english

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hate the wave it is so bloody unoriginal and boring.
    Did anyone get one of the song sheets that they were handing out at the train station?
    At least these songs were more relevant, and they would be getting behind the team. I thought they were really good. We need the crowd to get more behind the team. I mean that Force Force Force is bloody terrible.

vCash
    leave the wave where it belongs in the ocean. How can you watch what you are there for if every few minutes there are bloody arms and bodies being flung up in front of you.

vCash
    I pay to go and watch the rugby and with a bit of luck be entertained by the guys out on the field playing there guts out, not to be the entertainment!

I noticed most the people around where I sit dont join in either, most of the time in fact are oblivious to it becuase every one is focused on the game. Unless there is a stop in play there is no call for it - especially when your guy is kicking for a penalty or at other crucial moments of the game.

I think it's great that there is a "cheer squad" it's a pitty they dont seem to be all that intrested in the game.

vCash
    I have been known to participate in the wave on Occasion, but I also recognise that the wave occured in some truly godawful points of the game Saturday.

I see the wave as another way of communicating with the boys on the field. If they look up and see a mexican wave engulfing the ground, it means what they're doing is boring as batshit (and isn't working)

If the thing makes it right around the stadium once or twice (or seven times as in the highlanders match) they should be able to deduce that something's wrong....surely.

C'mon the

vCash
    I don't recall the wave getting to our block at all - thankfully.

But in a similar, but different light - what does everyone think of the music blaring [every time] the clock stops?

I believe that the music is for a celebration - at trytime and conversions only.

Seems a bit missplaced to be blaring it out as a player is trying to pull himself together to play on / getting carried from the field etc

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Dunno how old you are Luke but that song has been around a lot longer than the Barmy Army. I remember the Karratha Roosters team singing it in the sheds after every win in the early '80's. They had plenty of them and I heard most from the other room.

It's good to have a cheer squad ( I woulda said "& cheerleaders" - but I wouldn't wanna start that again)
    But they need to have someone leading them who understands the ebb and flow of the game a little better. That way they would be OK and the wave would be too.

THAT SONG HAS BEEN AROUND FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS SCINCE CRUSADERS LOL ur both right they should make up there own songs. i hate it when people sing that song.

i love the mexican wave but those guys did it at the wrong time when were losing lol i am fine with doing it when were at least 15 points in front not when we are behind

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    if they insist on music, it should be appropriate build up music - not celebration music. The Terminator theme would be OK, nothing would probably be better....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    adds a lot to the atmosphere but gets ruined by ignorant ppl who think its ok to throw whatever they have in there hands at the time up.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    the soundtrack from "The Sound of Music" has some nice tunes!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The stands are alive.....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    i dont mind the wave at the right time
    at the highlanders not much was action with all the stop start and as ggst stated it made it round countless times but watching the game from home this time it was a hell of alot more interesting game and i wouldnt have been as keen to join in.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast