Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stadia Task Force Survey

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm not really arguing for the 60k to be a rectangular ground though, that's the trouble people always assume the extremes of the debate.
    In my mind from what I have been reading and seeing about population growth we should be looking to up the 30-35k that we will probably get (I will be amazed if it is actually 35k at the end of the day) to around the 40-45k mark.
    This allows for plenty of growth for walk up spectators, would ensure that the majority of (if not all) Members have sideline seating and still allows for the likes of this years International (v Fiji) to be held in a full house.
    I'm not arguing for something massive, just allow for growth over the next 15-20 years so we don't get the same situation as the Eagles have found themselves with Members with a huge waiting list.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    ....I'm sure these guys have done there sums and are experienced enough to shoot for the realistic target based on a financial model that they can honestly sell.
    Don't forget that these are the same experienced number crunchers that thought they would be going well to get 4,000 Members TEF

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    I'm not arguing for something massive, just allow for growth over the next 15-20 years so we don't get the same situation as the Eagles have found themselves with Members with a huge waiting list.
    I hear exactly what you are saying but from my experiences in the business sector trying to persuade people to spend money now based on forecast growth figures beyond 5 years is virtually impossible. I suspect that in the world of politics it is even worse.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    From last nights news though:
    "New figures from the Bureau of Statistics show Western Australia was one of the leading growth states in 2005-2006.

Last year, the city of Perth had the fastest population growth of any inner city area in Australia with an increase of 12.4 per cent.

In the outer suburbs, Wanneroo recorded the largest population increase for a suburban area.

The northern Perth suburb increased its population by more than 7,900."

I wonder where they all came from and what sports they follow. Maybe the tack is to tell the government that any scrimping will be interpreted as the government not being confident in the continued growth in the state.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well you can be sure they aren't all Victorians, South Australians and Tasmanians anyway...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I just spoke with Brett the media guy at the Stadia Task Force and asked him about the "Packer group" presentation. Before speaking to the Brett I was under the impression that Packer was going to finance the building of the stadium.

Brett told me no presentation as such had been made by the "Packer group" only that they had suggested that government owned land adjacent to the Burswood Golf Course could be a suitable location for the stadiums but if that land was going to be used the building of the stadiums would still be state financed.

Very different to what the media said!

Just happy to be here

Senior Player
    vCash
    I just spoke with Brett the media guy at the Stadia Task Force and asked him about the "Packer group" presentation. Before speaking to the Brett I was under the impression that Packer was going to finance the building of the stadium.

Brett told me no presentation as such had been made by the "Packer group" only that they had suggested that government owned land adjacent to the Burswood Golf Course could be a suitable location for the stadiums but if that land was going to be used the building of the stadiums would still be state financed.

Very different to what the media said!
    That is the only thing that has happened. Although there is some things happening behind the scenes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan
    That is the only thing that has happened. Although there is some things happening behind the scenes.
    Hahahaha....Egan, are you studying politics?

Just happy to be here

Senior Player
    vCash
    Politics and Journalism

There is an architect group which is trying to get the Burswood Project up, my knowledge is that they have approached the PBL Consortium, because they believe the site is to good to refuse.

At this stage it is only in talks, but you can be sure there is work going behind the scenes from the industry to start looking at these sorts of designs for this area.

vCash
    Politics and Journalism
    Yup, that explains it all!

Just happy to be here

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yup, that explains it all!
    How so...

vCash
    Thanks for the link, TG!

... is it just me, or is the City of Subi presentation largely unintelligible? Umm, so, they're going to plant some trees and there's lots of hospitals nearby ("key destinations"?!) ... right. I guess there's notes that go along with these slides that might explain the relevance of all that.

vCash
    How so...
    You can never get a straight answer out of a politician and they only do what is good for them. My views on reporters is well documented on this site, so I need not expand on that.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    thanks for finding those i hope all out opinions help them make a bigger+better stadium and maybe a rectangle one

Senior Player
    vCash
    You can never get a straight answer out of a politician and they only do what is good for them. My views on reporters is well documented on this site, so I need not expand on that.
    Did it ever picture that the degree politics is a lot more to it then being a politician. These are the stuff you learn doing politics at university.

http://www.nd.edu.au/units/pl.shtml

It may educate you on what a politics degree is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast