Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force -v- Waratahs 2nd March 2007 Live Web Score Updates

Apprentice
    vCash
    Lote was correct and at least showed some passion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Dancing With The Stars - here he comes!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Apprentice
    vCash
    It was a really negative game, mitchell must be replaced and come on from the bench.

Sheps was brilliant, support the FORCE

vCash
    support the FORCE
    Good call. Hope Stanners is OK

Apprentice
    vCash
    Set us up for a good first WIN at home next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolfe
    Set us up for a good first WIN at home next week.
    ...wearing YELLOW!

We can win games wearing yellow

Apprentice
    vCash
    What about the Bules Highlanders, those guys play excellent running rugby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Lote is an absolute disgrace and my respect for Two Dads has shot through the roof for not firing back.
    As Link said, he's a leader on the field and they encourage their leadership group to make decisions and stand by them.
    Despite being a more senior player, Lote is not to my knowledge in the leadership group and his actions tonight demonstrate very clearly why he isn't or shouldn't be.
    43 players took the draw like absolute gentlemen, 1 took it like a spoilt brat.
    Unfortunately we are doomed to be stuck with him four five years on an exorbitant cost with an expectation to have to play him to get some return on investment.
    Please reconsider ARU
    I just got a quite word that Lote is off to ARL (Souths)

vCash
    IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF BANANARAMA

na na na na
    na na na na
    yeah yeah yeah
    GOODBYE!

Apprentice
    vCash
    This is why i love my game

Home > Off The Field > Article
    Shepherd looks out for Latham

Greg Growden
    Friday, March 2, 2007 Print this article
    Email to a friend

Ruck & Maul

Footballers can be selfish when chasing Test spots, but Western Force fullback Cameron Shepherd has shown he has a kind heart. In tonight's NSW match program, Shepherd explains his aim of becoming the Wallabies No.15 at this year's World Cup. "I'd love to play fullback [in France], but it would be one of the saddest stories in rugby if Chris Latham doesn't get to play there," Shepherd said. "He's had to look on at the past two World Cups, first with Matt Burke getting his nose ahead in 1999 and Mat Rogers getting the job ahead of him in Australia in 2003. Latho's a phenomenal rugby player and is probably the best in his position in the world at the moment. If the chance comes along, well and good - but I'm prepared to wait for my time to come." Shepherd has also ensured he stays onside with the Force's wives and girlfriends, saying that their decision to move to Perth was, "In many ways much, much bigger than the decision that we [the players] had to make. When we're in season, we're either training, playing or away on some sort of tour, so it's hard on our partners; most of them don't have their families and usual support networks close at hand so there are times when it gets pretty tough".

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Nearly half time now, as yet another pair of shorts need changing for the Force. Luke Doherty needing the new attire there...
    I thought young Luke was going to need more then just shorts there......looked like he got some serious rucking in the "Jatz Crackers"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Taken this from Spiro's boys The Roar mailout (recomend it for a nearly daily read www.theroar.com.au )

Mick Cleary, an outstanding rugby writer on The Daily Telegraph (UK), made this searing comment after England’s midfield was ripped to shreds by the Irish centres in the 43 -13 massacre at Croke Park: ‘And what, pray, to do about Andy Farrell? If he did not have a million pound price tag or carry with him a hard-won reputation as a high quality rugby league player, there is no doubt he would be dropped … He lacks pace, savvy of the union game and even struggles defensively, unsure of quite where to put himself. Sending for Mike Catt would be the sensible thing.’

The Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that the ARU is prepared to offer Lote Tuqiri a five-year contract worth $4.3 million to stay with rugby. This contract means that the ARU is virtually committed to Tuqiri playing for the Wallabies - thereby justifying his huge contract payments - for five more years. Already Cameron Shepherd is better value as a winger for the Wallabies than Tuqiri. It defies belief, too, that Australian rugby won’t produce another Ben Tune or even a David Campese in the next five years. Or that a journeyman equivalent of Mike Catt will be better than an out-of-form Tuqiri

And where would that leave the ARU? Paying millions of dollars for a player who can’t make the Wallabies on his own merits. What’s the betting that Tuqiri will become Australia’s Andy Farrell in the next couple of years.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolfe
    Lote was correct and at least showed some passion.
    In my humble opinion there is a huge leap between passion and how he carried on. Not just the pushing incident but the whole strutting around the field "cooling off" charade, he's a dickhead and I hope your mail is correct Gerry.
    Although it will make it harder for me to keep the Rabbitohs as my "Sydney sympathy second team"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    I just got a quite word that Lote is off to ARL (Souths)
    Well I hope your right, TG. Because the contract that's being touted to keep him in Rugby is a joke. I've said from the start that it's been a bad idea from , buying RL wingers when Rugby has no shortage of talent. I think Eddie hoped Lote would make a good 13 but that has not happened.
    OTOH i said here last year that Cross would be the best target for AThe Force. Not thinking we'd get Gits - fantastic - and Mitchell -maybe not so great- as well.

The only RL players they should consider are some of the athletic back rowers who can also play at 13 or big straight running centres.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry Lote, but as they say, actions speak louder than words.

Tuqiri says sorry

March 02, 2007 - 11:04pm
    Story by: Sportal

New South Wales Test winger Lote Tuqiri apologised to Sam Norton-Knight and his Waratahs team-mates after angrily pushing Norton-Knight at the completion of the 16-16 Investec Super 14 draw with the Western Force at Aussie Stadium.

Norton-Knight ignored the chance for NSW to win the match with a penalty goal after referee Paul Mark awarded the Waratahs a long-distance penalty on the stroke of full-time.

With Hewat on his way over to take the shot for goal, Norton-Knight, a second half replacement for Morgan Turinui, grabbed the ball, took a tap penalty and raced ahead before chip kicking towards the Force goal-line.

But after Force winger Cameron Shepherd gathered the ball and hoofed it safely into touch to end the match, Tuqiri raced 20 metres towards Norton-Knight to unleash a verbal spray before pushing him in the back.

Once in the dressing-room, Tuqiri openly apologised to the team and to Norton-Knight saying his passion for winning had boiled over at the end of a frustrating match for the Waratahs.....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast