Thread: 90.5 Audio from Waratahs match

Player
    vCash

90.5 Audio from Waratahs match

Hi all,

The audio from last Friday's match is available in the downloads section of our website at www.905.com.au

This week we did an extended feature on French legend Jean-Pierre Rives and an interview with Matt Hodgeson.

I'd also like to thank Tom Baddeley and Luke Holmes for their help during Friday's commentary from Aussie Stadium.

We'll be on air 7pm on Friday with a 45 minute preview, and we'll keep taking your calls on the Talkback while you've still got something to say.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I listened in on Friday, David. You 3 seemed very comfortable - it was more like listening in to a few mates intently following a rugby game than a hard core sports broadcast. What was the cause of the transmission breaks - I did keep coming back as I enjoyed the Force perspective/favour.

I get the impression the facilities weren't as good as they could have been?

Has Tom considered a career in media?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude
    Has Tom considered a career in media?
    Considering the Force headhunted him from reading the ABC TV news to head up the media department, I'm guessing it may have crossed his mind at some point!

Player
    vCash
    Hi Dude,

We were a bit confused why we had a few breaks in transmission due to the line between the stadium and the Studio breaking down. It was cured when we powered down the equipment and re-booted...all this while I was still commentating using the phone! I've used the same equipment all over the country without having that problem.

There is a difference in our style of commentary and it is quite deliberate. We want the commentary to be easy to listen to as well as being informative. It's a style I learned at the BBC and one I prefer, but I appreciate some people will like it and others will prefer alternative styles.

Our perspective will always be to the Force, so you won't get a neutral commentary from us for the rest of the season when we're broadcasting from every stadium the Force play at. Again its a deliberate policy as we feel there will always be a certain section of force fans frustrated when they hear Eastern states commentators getting excited when their team scores against ours.

Yes, Tom is a superb broadcaster and Luke Holmes was excellent in his first time as an analyst, he'll be welcome back in the commentary box anytime he wants.

Next few games we're back at Subi with Leon Ruri joining me again

vCash
    Forgot to mention, I enjoyed the broadcast. May I suggest more regular scoreboard updates - even if there is no change? Not sure of others, but work had me tuning in and out often and I was dead keen to hear the score when returning! I might take my radio to the game this week and give that a go...

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Dude, its always nice to know when someone has enjoyed our broadcasts, and I'll certainly try and mention the score more often.