Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FORCE LINEUP FOR REDS GAME

vCash
    Quality team and hopefully we can dominate the scrums this week and rack up a big score.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    bonus point for sure.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    good lineup also a bit worried about AJ looked to be struggling with the pace of the game, i say give mcissac a start at prop use gus as an impact player.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Squad List updated in first post

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Senior Player
    vCash
    touch and go without the usual halves pairing. Illustrates the importance of game time for the likes of O'Young. Will be good for Mackay to get a run at some stage - I rate him as a bloke who can take the ball to and over the advantage line. Here's hoping no more injuries...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93
    your thinkking of billy bowden and he umpired the first cricket WC game too hes a good ump.
    yes but his real first name is actually Brent (thanks Johnny Walker Trivia)

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Even with the injuries, the expectation everyone seems to be feeling is understandable. I just hope it isn’t reflected in the teams state of mind, as the Reds (and Eddie Jones) are past masters at the siege mentality and have a track record of showing up to play in derby matches – ask the Waratahs about their track record against them.

It was particularly interesting that, in the post-match interview last week, JM went straight for "We've grown physically and mentally and now we have got to get tougher." I thought at the time that it was a little harsh coming so soon after what I considered an immensely composed final two minutes, but it is a very clear indication as to what the coach is expecting.

What I’m hoping to see is the Force come out and play as though the Reds were top of the table. As Mitchell has pointed out any number of times, any team is capable of winning in this competition and, if the Reds really show up to play, the Force will have to have their head in the game. On the other hand, if things go well and the Force get on top, I’m really hoping to see some ruthlessness. The ability and desire to crush the life out of a team is the hallmark of a top side (Crusaders historically, Blues last week), and signs of it in the Force would be extremely encouraging going into the second half of the season.

I’m not sure Giteau being unavailable is good news for Quade Cooper though – if Hilgendorf grabs his chance the way Ioane did last week, it could be a hard night at the office. I also hope O’Young is up for and up to 80 minutes, as it is a real opportunity for him. Anyway, my bets are on.

vCash
    Good post Andy. I agree with what you said so eloquently.

I hope I am not alone in welcoming the return of Lachlan McKay. He is a man of enormous talent, which sadly has not been displayed through a dreadful run of injuries. Apart from being a thoroughly likeable young man, he is the only specialsit 5/8 in our squad. I am no way demeaning the efforts of Hilgs or Gits, but they made their reputations away from the 5/8 position

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2