Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ARU Contracts

vCash

Thumbs down ARU Contracts

I find it hard to contain my anger, after reading in today's West, that Scott Fava and Scott Staniforth are to have their ARU contracts downgraded. The ARU are spending squillions to retain Tiquiri, who would struggle to get a spot on the Force bench, then they outlay huge dollars again to entice another Leaguie in Tahu into Rugby.
    It would be outrageous to loose the services of two fine players who have done so much in making this club a success just because of the ARU mean spiritedness.
    Remember, loyalty is a two way street.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Fava is a Wallaby; but is not a regular in the side. Staniforth is a great player; but are selectors thinking of him as a player in the 22 every week? I don't know. All I can say is yet again Lote is a complete waste and should have gone back to league.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    From the westonline...

ARU operations manager Pat Wilson said he would try to persuade the two players otherwise in the next week.

Wilson insisted he understood the players’ frustrations but said setting a player’s value was a balancing act between past feats and future worth."

And Tuquiri is worth more than a million?

Expect a revolt from Clubland if the ARU keeps this game up

vCash
    We should forget about Wallaby selection from the ARU and just put the Western Force in the Yellow jerseys they so love to win in and get John Mitchell to coach them (from what I have seen out of the Eastern States he is apparently playing most of them out of position - even though they are winning anyways BIZARRE) but I would chuck in a few others as well like Kurtley Beale and Barrick Barnes, Wade Cooper and Brandoo Va,alu just so that they get some match time and give us a game next year.

Turkey and the Brumbies can look after the luggage and look beautiful for the Press.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    I reckon the Waratahs have done the right thing. They have loaded all of their money on 2 wingers (Turkey and Achoo) and the rest of them have to feel inferior and financially retarded.

Unlike the Western Force who have well balanced team and they don't have to rely too much on their big guns to pull victories out of the bag and sit 3 on the log.

How dopey are the Force!

And the ARU are on the ball inviting League stars into the ranks on ridiculous salaries, whilst loyal quality disgruntled players are left high and dry. Of course it has changed the face of Australian Rugby by taking these well behaved professional sports who reward Rugby Union by steering clear of trouble and not returning to Rugby League prior to their contracts running out.
    I really can't understand how the up and coming Rugby Union players want to clear off to Europe, earn huge money and play top class Rugby regularly when they can stay here and slide down the selection ladder behind league converts and jumped up school boys superstars. Sorry I digress what we're you talking about?

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    The news has left me disappointed and a bit bewildered. Just how are these contracts sorted out?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Welcome to life as a rugby supporter in NSW.

NSW Rugby is killing its self with it's league poaching.

The two Scotties are only improving, especially Stanners and don't deserve to have their contracts down graded.

vCash
    what a joke it would seem the worst you play each week then the ARU are saying that you deserve a bigger bite of the cherry and you will go to the World Cup. They (ARU) must be on the same wave length as the Refs Association when it comes to talent.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I "think" the down graded part of the contract is that it is only a two year offering and the boys are after (and deserve at least three) Rge $$ I would expect are a smaller part of the actual story.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs down

Yeah, pretty disappointed and outraged when I read the paper myself. Hopefully RugbyWA can chip in the difference+ ? Maybe the "Friends of the Force" might come to the party again, but with all the revenue the ARU has to play with you'd think they could manage it a bit better.

Has Flowers doen anything positive for the game in his tenure?? Bring back O'Neill!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    I "think" the down graded part of the contract is that it is only a two year offering
    Well I suppose the contracts reflect the national selection panel view of both. They are knocking on and are not first choice players. If they had the pulling power of Giteau, Tuqiri and Co they would command the same sponsorships.

We probably don't agree but should not be surprised. This on top of the big $ overseas has been a problem for the established teams and The Force will have to deal with it too.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yeah.......the article might just have the impetus to drag in some sponsors to top up their contracts locally.....nice move

( and there might be some spare sponsorship money laying around now for a couple of good..clean cut..non druggie types like our boys)

vCash
    I reck they'll head OS if they are gettingdowngraded on both

vCash
    The ARU should be investigated for mismanagment in the way they are handling issues all over the place, i have to agree that O'neill is the way forward for ARU to regain any resemblance of respect....Hopefully the fact that none of our boys are druggos, other than a pint or two too many, well, the sponsors who leave the Weagles may see the light...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    The ARU should be investigated for mismanagment in the way they are handling issues all over the place
    the amazing thing is all of this - is that the Force is obviously full of the new stars of the future - and has superstars in the making like Sheps - the existing superstars we have like Gitts and Sharpe - who come over as reasonably well adjusted people with a sense of humor just don't seem to make it with the marketing people at the ARU -

What is so great about Lote he just comes over as an very greedy egomanaic - why promote him - this is could be a very big mistake like the way they promoted Wendell who turned out to be a drugy

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast