Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Best beer in the world?

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im a cider man, but Fullers London Pride And ESB are excellent.ESB is particulary dangerous.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Like many things in life beer is all relative in my opinion.

Australia has some great lagers --Cascade Pale Ale, James Boags Premium Lager and Coopers Sparkling all hit the spot for me on a hot Perth summer day. In colder weather I am rather partial to James Squire Amber Ale. Little Creatures, James Squire Indian Pale Ale and Rogers win all the awards but I find them a touch too floral for my liking.

But when you're in Britain on a winters' day at the rugby the absolute last thing you want in the world is a crisp bubbly lager. I never really took to most of the commercial bitters over there but Old Speckled Hen does the job for me. And I won't say no to a Caffreys either while visiting the Emerald Isle. And it's true what they say about the Guinness -- it does taste better in Ireland. Maybe it's the water, maybe it's the weather or maybe it's drinking in some little Irish pub in front of an open fire with a couple of old girls in the corner on a fiddle and piano accordion, but it's creamier and richer at home.

They have a great range of boutique beers in New Zealand these days like Black Mac from Nelson.

But I have to confess, and this doesn't come easy, the best beers in the world for me are Belgian. I could drink Forbidden Fruit and Grand Crux all day and all night given half a chance although since they are 8% or something disturbing it's highly unlikely I'd last that long.

Ah beer, let me count the ways I love thee.

Or as Homer Simpson would say, "Dough, the stuff that buys me beer; Ray, the guy who serves me beer; Me, the guy that drinks my beer; Far, how long til my next beer; So, how about a beer; La, la la la la beer; Tea, no thanks I'll have a beer; Which brings me back to Doh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd
    But I have to confess, and this doesn't come easy, the best beers in the world for me are Belgian. I could drink Forbidden Fruit and Grand Crux all day and all night given half a chance although since they are 8% or something disturbing it's highly unlikely I'd last that long.
    I agree the Belgians do it best. I'm adding these 2 to my list to try.

vCash
    Wow there's some very in depth posts on here... I just drink it.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    At Clancy's they've just put on tap a new Last Drop wheat beer ... very tasty!!! Good Canningvale local brew!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Sounds delicious!!
    The missus and i are a wee bit partial to coronas, and you don`t need to use lemon to make them taste better. This is a myth. Apparently, a friend of a friends friend has been to mexico and they use lemon to rub around the top so flys won`t dive in and steal your beer.

vCash
    Damn those beer stealing flies. Oh how I hate those beer stealing flies.

I'd heard the lemon was used ages ago to stop spoilage when shipping the Corona from mexico. No idea if that's true or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Sounds delicious!!
    The missus and i are a wee bit partial to coronas, and you don`t need to use lemon to make them taste better. This is a myth. Apparently, a friend of a friends friend has been to mexico and they use lemon to rub around the top so flys won`t dive in and steal your beer.
    I've been to mexico a couple of times. They tell me the whole lime thing started years ago in Mexico with Tecate. It only came in steel cans and they used the lime & salt to clean the top of the can. They liked the taste and thats how they drank Tecate. Most Mexicans today don't use lime. I like Corona either way. Many bars here will put an orange or lemon slice in a Hefeweizen too. I'm not sure if thats an american thing or if they do it in Europe. I personally prefer it without any fruit.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Corona: Mexico's Fosters and ten million Mexicans having a laugh at our expense
    Personally I have never worked out what all the fuss is about but it and Pure Blonde are the two biggest sellers at the local mines' wet mess. A few blokes even go as far as carrying a squeezy bottle of lime juice and there are now slices of lemon on a plate on the bar

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    joke beers: RedBack, Corona, Bees Knees, Pure Blond, Carlton Draught !

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    A bit harsh happy, what have those beers ever done to you? If you were "dry as a dead dingoes dronga" you`d think they tasted like the nectar of the gods, surely?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    but that is just my point mate - I think it is a joke to class those beers in the same group as good tasting beers which we do refer to as the nectar of the gods.

They might be a beer. and might taste reasonable if nothing else is available but that doesn't give them the right to be sold.. anywhere!!

vCash
    Well, if they were given away, would you take some?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Well, if they were given away, would you take some?
    YES!!! I'm sure a could take a trip or two down there if I had all the money I spent on Corona in the last 10 years!

vCash
    I`ve always wondered what winning a years supply of a particular brand of beer would do to you, and wether you`d get sick of it, or how much constitutes a years supply, would it include your drinking buddies quota. Any one got any thoughts on that

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast