Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jones opts to stay with Reds

vCash

Jones opts to stay with Reds

Jones opts to stay with Reds

Eddie Jones has ended speculation about his future by deciding to stay on as Queensland Reds coach.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Oh thank god, I was losing sleep over this one.

vCash
    There goes the neighbourhood again, Couldn't he just go???

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Actually I'm glad he is staying - the reds don't need to be looking for a new coach in the middle of the season -prehaps their form will return and some of their injury list must be ready to return

I don't agree with all that Eddie says( and definitely don't agree with the delivery) but really believe that the ARU needs one up themselves at the moment to create the world cup team and perhaps he is the catalyst to make change happen

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone
    the reds don't need to be looking for a new coach in the middle of the season -prehaps their form will return and some of their injury list must be ready to return
    They can do our mob a very large favor this week if they do hit some form. The Bulls have all their last matches at home now so they should be up there. The Crusaders should win at least 3 of their last five. The Blues have a slighthly rocky road home if they lose form. Ditto the Brumbies & Sharks.

Of course the Force boys have their destiny in their own hands but unless there is a series of upsets it looks like being a scrap between Force, Brumbies and Sharks for a semi final berth.

vCash
    It's no coincidence that Qld rugby is sick at the moment and therefore Australian rugby is sick. Those that truly want to see a strong national team should hope that next year Qld's horrific run of injuries ends, and The Reds get back to being a powerful province.

Rookie
    vCash
    Technically you're right, the Wallabies haven't been truly strong since 2001 when surprise surprise, the Reds were last strong. But they had the likes of Eales, Horan, Kefu, Tune (just to name 4 of many), the talents of which won't easily be seen again in QLD or anywhere for some time.

We need all 4 provinces firing for the Wallabies to return to glory.

It is also no coincidence that the 1991 world cup winning squad was largely made up of Waratahs.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic
    It's no coincidence that Qld rugby is sick at the moment and therefore Australian rugby is sick. Those that truly want to see a strong national team should hope that next year Qld's horrific run of injuries ends, and The Reds get back to being a powerful province.
    As with all the teams I wish them the best of luck except when playing The Force.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It has little to do with the players - look what we have done with a bunch they didn't want. As big a shambles as the ARU can be, the QRU seems to be worse. They need to sort that out before anything good can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    Technically you're right, the Wallabies haven't been truly strong since 2001 when surprise surprise, the Reds were last strong. But they had the likes of Eales, Horan, Kefu, Tune (just to name 4 of many), the talents of which won't easily be seen again in QLD or anywhere for some time.

We need all 4 provinces firing for the Wallabies to return to glory.

It is also no coincidence that the 1991 world cup winning squad was largely made up of Waratahs.
    I agree but especially necessary in Qld and NSW where the vast majority of junior talent comes from. If you have years where your Super 14 team is spluttering, there is more likelihood of losing talented juniors to other codes - particularly rugby league.

Rookie
    vCash
    Sorry I was going to add about the 2 big academies. Good call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS
    It has little to do with the players - look what we have done with a bunch they didn't want. As big a shambles as the ARU can be, the QRU seems to be worse. They need to sort that out before anything good can happen.

I disagree that we didn't want them. The QRU begged Nathan Sharpe not to go and chased other players such as Drew Mitchell very hard. One of the reasons that there is still a little bit of feeling over here is that Sharpe abandoned his position as captain of a proud state with a great rugby heritage, when he was most needed and when the state was struggling. Many will never forgive him for that because it sent a poor message to others when many would kill for the honour of being Qld captain.

Rookie
    vCash
    There were many that QLD wanted to keep, Sharpe, Mitchell, Ioane to name a few.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon
    There were many that QLD wanted to keep, Sharpe, Mitchell, Ioane to name a few.
    Huxley

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    OK, the license was perhaps a little poetic. But there were others feeling a bit unloved, Vedelago for instance. It'll be interesting to see what Ioane does tomorrow - I can't see the Waratahs being too appealing with a find in Turner and more leaguies coming across, so a return to the Reds would appear to be his primary option.

I still think that a focus on the rugby rather than Rugby politics will be required before things improve. They've certainly blooded some interesting prospects through this years horror run and that has to bode well if they can retain and develop them.

Last edited by AndyS; 02-04-07 at 16:28.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast