Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    It's a scale thing Happy. We tend to not believe that our small input can have an impact globally. Take water use for instance. I have neighbours who use water out with the water restrictions and I often try to persuade them not to. They are smart people but have the excuse that there little usage makes no difference in the overall scheme. Back to human nature and how we are generally selfish.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YOTC
    Man Made Global Warming is a lie

Temperature change is a natural process.
    Agreed. The hype over this is absurd. I can't people are swallowing such tripe from a politican who did zero for the environment in his eight years in the white house. What are his scientific credentials exactly ?

Disagree on motivation though. I don't people are determined to undermine capitalism. I think too many people's lives lack meaning so they want a great cause to embrace. Its a religion substitute.

To the extreme !

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    so based on that stand point .. do you think we should do absolutely nothing ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    so based on that stand point .. do you think we should do absolutely nothing ?
    I think the Government gets quite enough tax $$$ already so perhaps they could use this money to improve our environment, or set up a few more multinovas to make up the difference.

If we really cared then we could get involved ourselves, or donate money to Green organisations etc. We might even save a few whales and prevent our lovely government from installing a few more nuclear power stations

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm pro nuclear so I'm not going to disagree with the government, but I do disagree with the statement that we're not currently having an effect .. we can't remain at status quo and hope it is just a natural progression.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    well I think it is obvious we are having an effect ... back before civilization, we didnt have cars giving of the toxic gases, we didnt have all these factories poluting our waterways and we didnt have a whole bunch of other stuff ... we are deffinately having some sort of impact on the world, and evidence shows me its not a good impact! but having said that ... how do we know the world is going to end??? Im sure we will adapt ... perhaps grow our selves some gills and live in the ocean ... ohhh or grow a blow hole and live in the ocean like the dolphins we banished there centuries ago!!! (okay too much simpsons!!!)

I really think life is too short to seriously worry about global warming, I'll plant a tree or walk to the shops ... but im not gonna go out and protest or sell my car for a bike.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah I wanna go sky diving!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    that's half the problem Lonz, saying life is too short for you to worry about .. it brings us back to TEF's point about human selfishness. You don't have to worry about it and some one else can later on...

vCash
    I'm pro nuclear
    Yeah, I'm pro-nuclear waste dumps too. We will soon see new and improved animals all over Australia. I'm sure your grandchildren will love watching them using their three eyes

Could this be the world's very first Wallabok?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    not first, remember Clyde

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Probably get a bit more for their hides...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Good to see the debate still rages after my week off, some interesting views and opinions all round...

The rare Wallabok was awesome to see, not too many pictures around of that one, apart from the brumbies Wallabok...
    Has anyone else noticed that the seasons seem to be out of whack by about a month or am i just imagining this...I have noticed this over the past twenty or so years that summer starts later and winter as well...Is this an accurate assumption???

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Has anyone else noticed that the seasons seem to be out of whack by about a month or am i just imagining this...
    I don't think you are FR. The debate here is unlikely to solve anything but it's maybe got some people thinking who hadn't got around to it just yet.

One theory that has not surfaced here isn that a "sudden" warming could actually trigger the next ice age. This school of thought reckons it's happened before caused by the "natural" cycles of the sun.

Basically they say that rapidly melting ice caps can disrupt or stop warm ocean currents such as the Gulf Stream. Temperatures plunge in higher latitudes rivers freeze, crops fail, people starve and so it goes.

Some reckon that the past period of "stable climate" is the exception rather than the rule and it's happened before. If such a future is pre-ordained then our decendants are in for a rough time.

All the theories might be wrong. But if we can take action which may just limit the damage, but can't be bothered..............well I just wouldn't want to take the chance.

vCash
    I'm on the side to say that humans aren't to blame for global warming. But, with this said, I still belive we can do things to prevent it from becoming worse.

I think nuclear power is one of the best ways to go. It is the safest way to do it if we are to blame for global warming (which we're not). All those who are anit-nuclear driven need to wake up and realise its not all that the media and rumours have made it out to be.

The smoke coming out of those two big pipes is only steam!!

vCash
    that's half the problem Lonz, saying life is too short for you to worry about .. it brings us back to TEF's point about human selfishness. You don't have to worry about it and some one else can later on...

maybe I am selfish but I dont care! okay no I do care, I dont want to be seen as selfish but WHAT CAN I DO!!!???!!! seriously if I could do something I would!!! whats with the whole neclear thing anyways, can someone elaborate for me cos i think i missed something!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    The biggest concern regarding Nuclear power comes from the storage of the spent nuclear rods and associated radiation, and also the threat from terrorism and accident, and the resultant radiation leakage...The actual process is not the problem...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast