Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No future in Wallabies using Force

Apprentice
    vCash
    Agree Burgs, The Australian should give equal coverage to all states but in reality it is not the case. Most of The Aus journos are based out of Sydney or Melbourne and there is just more copy being produced over there. There are also more sales the East by a long way (which is very sad because the West is a hack rag and people should at least give The Australian a go being it is our only other daily).

Point to take out of this I guess is that the EnForcer got it wrong this time and of course there is going to be an eastern states bias in papers for the eastern states just as there is a western bias in papers for WA. Spiro is easily the best rugby writer we have access to over here and its great his Tuesday columns are online. Better than Greg Growden anyway, now if you wanna complain about a biased journo then the Beal loving Growden is your man! That guy is on another planet when it comes to loving the Tahs - I mean there's only so many good things you can say about the second bottom team!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Ok fare enough but it was a tough couple of days in Adelaide with ever f'ker winding me up....that's my excuse and I'm sticking by it.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Look, lets just post a Greg Growden article which will of course be overflowing with eastern bias and let everyone get their fill.

-EDIT-

Bugger, blutackey beat me to it. You thought of everything.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blutackey
    Agree Burgs, The Australian should give equal coverage to all states but in reality it is not the case. Most of The Aus journos are based out of Sydney or Melbourne and there is just more copy being produced over there. There are also more sales the East by a long way (which is very sad because the West is a hack rag and people should at least give The Australian a go being it is our only other daily).

Point to take out of this I guess is that the EnForcer got it wrong this time and of course there is going to be an eastern states bias in papers for the eastern states just as there is a western bias in papers for WA. Spiro is easily the best rugby writer we have access to over here and its great his Tuesday columns are online. Better than Greg Growden anyway, now if you wanna complain about a biased journo then the Beal loving Growden is your man! That guy is on another planet when it comes to loving the Tahs - I mean there's only so many good things you can say about the second bottom team!!

The person who left me negative feedback disagrees, but I respect the choice.

This is my signature.

vCash
    Agreed that Spiro and others probably had similar pieces tucked away, waiting to be dusted off for the day of Schadenfraude.

But a 50 point loss says it all.

To the extreme !

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Look, lets just post a Greg Growden article which will of course be overflowing with eastern bias and let everyone get their fill.
    -EDIT-
    Bugger, blutackey beat me to it. You thought of everything.
    At least some New South Welshmen think the same thing about Growden, I mean I'm happy to read all about the Tahs in a Sydney paper, but reading about Tuqiri resigning being "good for the game" because he's an "entertainer" and "Beal proves he's the real deal" when he had very little impact and set up one try with a moment of brilliance is just pure tripe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blutackey
    very little impact and set up one try with a moment of pure lucky buggery with the sun behind him
    Just needed to correct you.

But Growden would spin that as "Sun shines out of teenagers arse, blinds opposition."

Last edited by Sagerian; 12-04-07 at 13:33.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I didn't know quite what to expect when I saw the title of the article, but didn't particularly disagree with anything said. What I read with respect to the Force was that they were beaten tactically and in execution - can't really argue with that.

What I am curious about is the title of the piece, as it just doesn't seem to fit the article. The article doesn't say "don't pick any Force players", but that is how I would read the headline.

vCash
    Maybe the pun machine was broken?

vCash
    Stupid headline, accurate article, the force where outplayed all over the park as we all know but the article in question isn't necessary refering solely to us, rather the broader Aussie picture, and the fact all aussie teams are generally being mauled and molested....I believe Spiro is our best rugby writer, just no good at creeating the headlines, that's all...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    In my experience, the journalist who writes the article rarely puts the title on the piece....that's down to the editor or sub-editor so lets applaud Spiro for an accurate article & shove a black dog up the editor!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Ok fare enough but it was a tough couple of days in Adelaide with ever f'ker winding me up....that's my excuse and I'm sticking by it.
    You should have worn your Dorkers gear

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    In my experience, the journalist who writes the article rarely puts the title on the piece....that's down to the editor or sub-editor so lets applaud Spiro for an accurate article & shove a black dog up the editor!!!
    Yeah Spiro would not have written the headline, its up to the sub-editor way down the track. That's what happens when subbies only read the jist of the article and dont get the full meaning.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Did you see the Force last week? … Eddie Jones and Ewen McKenzie put troubled seasons behind them yesterday to share a laugh before the Waratahs-Reds derby.
    Photo: Craig Golding

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...971265715.html

But of course there is no bias in that....
    How does a 5th placed team come into a gag line below a photo of the 13th and 14th placed Coaches?
    Perhaps the line could have been, "How's Lauries hair?!"
    Would be as relevent.
    More likely Ewen just got caught going into a pie shop or Eddie is pretending to have a sense of humour.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    "Instead, the pair argue that they have done, and will do, everything they can to ensure the Wallabies are winners in France in September-October."

Well nearly everything. They have both forgotten to show their teams how to win!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast