Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TWF Tipping - Super 14 Semi Finals

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

TWF Tipping - Super 14 Semi Finals

To view this rounds ladder, click HERE
    To check the overall ladder, head HERE

One game to play, one point between first and second!

Out_wide takes the yellow jersey, with yours truly a close second and the great feathered one 3rd!

Kelv and Nick have retained their positions with the kind and generous one passing allsaints to move into 3rd place

Grand Final fixtures are up - with a possible 40 points (20 for the win, 10 for the margin and 10 bonus for getting all fixtures in the round correct) anyone in the top 3 can take 1st, and anyone in the top 6 can make the top 3.

As discussed early in the competition, only "active" members will actually be awarded prizes. The non-active members get bragging rights only

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Rookie
    vCash
    what does it mean to be an active member?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Keep posting kelv and you will be active

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    TWF isn't a commercial site/enterprise. Prizes have been donated by other members or myself and we get nothing back for it other than what we get from TWF, that primarily being [hopefully enjoyable/entertaining] interaction with with other members on the site. Given this, and that it is a free tipping comp I didn't want ring-ins joining up just to win prizes ....

An active member is one who participates in the forums/chat nights/get togethers/binge drinking sessions etc and an active member would have read the post which said only active members are eligible for prizes (I think I said a post rate in the forums of about 2 posts per week)

Top effort leading the comp, Kelv - especially since you missed a week or two also, but sorry - you don't qualify for prizes this time round, neither does vallib, Princess Leia, Big Boots...

Stay tuned for RWC2007 Tipping - same 'active members' rules apply - although I might setup an additional tipping comp where everyone who wants to play throws in $5 or $10 which gets divied up among the top three at the end - not sure of the legalities of this though. Anyone know and/or is interested in such a comp?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My attention span may be better suited to a RWC Comp
    I think I missed this week as well as two or three earlier Rounds

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    All tipping comps are legal, provided all the money gets ditributed (to several) people in the pool.
    running it for a profit makes you (or someone) a bookie - then the Tax man gets involved and its all messy.

Distribute money across more than 3 place getters and you have no legal quams at all.

I'd love to be in a RWC tipping comp.

Rookie
    vCash
    That is crap i should win the prize if im on top. Im a western force supporter and i live in central west NSW just because i don't write anything doesn't mean i should miss out i still read a bit of stuff im not the sort of bloke to post. If i do win i would be willing to pay postage and a bit on top for the hassle. Thanks kelv. ps i still might not win.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Kelv,personally id suggest that what Coach stated re active members is applicable. You may not feel the need to post and thats cool. I was the same.
    You could of posted on the one worder threads, ie word association etc. This is a very friendly site, run free of cost to all members, apart from Contributers who elect to help out otherwise. Anybody who would like to contribute are most welcome also. I can understand your less than impressed, you have kicked some arse and a worthy winner.Theres bragging rights there, but you got to read the fine print.
    Get posting and win the next one.

Last edited by The Lone Hydrangea; 17-05-07 at 19:01.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    nothing staked, nothing lost.

I'm all in for a 'real' tipping comp - would I have to post twice a week for that? If I have money on it I may actually be motivated enough to pull my finger out and put me tips in. $10 ARC Comp!

vCash
    Great to see you posting Kelv - this site is definitely the richer for people posting - unfortunately it is not a democracy the Coach rules (or his wife does - we still unsure about that bit !) anyways the rules were posted at the beginning of the comp - so if you win you win - but you have to be active in some way to take out the prize - the peps who donate the prizes are all active in some way and their only reward is the fun of having read the others posts

Keep Posting

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kelv
    That is crap i should win the prize if im on top.
    Heya kelv, welcome along.
    With regard to the tipping comp the trouble is you often get people who aren't "involved" with the site come to the party and steel all the lollies.
    It was pretty clearly spelt out in both week one and two of the comp that the winner would need to be an "active" member:
    http://thewholeforce.com/showthread.php?t=5786
    http://thewholeforce.com/showthread.php?t=6039
    As mentioned earlier, this is a site that prides itself on having a "community" feel to it and really does run on the smell of an oily rag by the generous investment of Coach, the Contributors and our few Sponsors/Donors.
    I'm sorry if you feel hard done by (if you do finish on top) however I hope you will respect the intent behind the rule.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    HAHAHA !! Caught out by the fine print..oh well better luck next time

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Rookie
    vCash
    Ok like i said i haven't won yet but i feel i have been active by putting in my tips voting in a couple of poles and reading other posts. The fine print never said i had to post or how many must be posted is 1,10,100,1000 or more how many to qualify? Its a bit hard to go on drinking sessions with you but that doesn't make me any less a supporter.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    Kelv has 4 posts now...is he allowed to play now?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast