Poll: What is the best option to revive the Wallabies

Thread: Where to for Coaching the Wallabies

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Where to for Coaching the Wallabies

Where to now for the coaching structure and personnel of the Wallabies?
    With the dismissal of Eddie Jones the opportunity is now available to the ARU to make some radical changes to the way the Wallabies are coached and mentored.
    The model being proposed currently is the collaborative approach by New Zealand with several experienced leaders.
    Is this the way forward for Australia, should we stick to the tried and true method of Head Coach with Assistants, or is there another innovative package waiting for Australian Rugby to pioneer?
    Discuss your thoughts on who the best candidate or package is to see the resurgence of Australian rugby to France '07 and beyond.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Obviously I don't want McKenzie to leave the Waratahs but I'll put that thought aside for the moment.

If McKenzie changes his style to take advantage of the backline the wallabies have available (arguably something he doesn't do well with NSW) then he'd get my vote easily. He's well proven in other areas like defense and forward lines.

If not, I'd support David Nucifora 100%.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I think David Nucifora is the man for the job. But if we dont get the scrum school happening we may as well forget about turning up to RWC 2007.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I believe John Connolly is the best option in the short term for the Wallabies through to France, win or lose.
    He had a 76% track record with Queensland, he coached a French Championship, he took Bath from last to the final in one year in the premier European Club competition and is now in Australia with time on his hands. No other coach in Australia, including the other contenders, come even close to that experience and track record.
    And besides, the other two favourites are tied up with Super 14 commitments.
    Nucifora will benefit himself and Australian rugby with completing his post at Auckland, gaining an invaluable insight into NZ rugby as no other Australian has, but should be considered to take over following France for the full cycle leading up to New Zealand '11.
    McKenzie has obvious potential but needs more experience (ie win something) before taking the next step like the other contenders have.
    The simple fact is, like with John Mitchells appointment, John Connolly is the best credentialled candidate available and this must stand above all political agendas.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Reckon you should add Laurie Fisher to that poll now that he's [probably] put his hand up?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    I think knuckles at the top with help from all the Australian super 14 coaches.

Ewen Set piece coach. John forwards coach. Eddie defence coach. Laurie backs coach.

Failing that I should be coach and get the record for the most defeats in a row and then sack me.Bring on Knuckles and get on with winning our 3rd world cup!

Brother Gallagher I hear you