Thread: Telecast Times

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Telecast Times

Has anyone seen a broadcast guide for RWC 2007 yet??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    not much so far .. but I did find this: The 2007 Rugby World Cup – TEN will broadcast 20 pool matches, including all those involving the Wallabies and other leading rugby nations, LIVE into all markets. In addition, TEN will broadcast all eight finals, including the Rugby World Cup Final, LIVE into all markets. TEN will host all its broadcasts and associated programming from France. ALL games will be broadcast in High Definition.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    And this from the 10 Corporate Site

13 March 2007

Network Ten today unveiled its on-air line up for the 2007 Rugby World Cup. TEN's commentary team will feature an entirely new and contemporary array of talent which will bring together an outstanding combination of journalistic and on-air sports presenting experience and in-depth Rugby knowledge.

All of TEN's Rugby World Cup programming will be hosted by Bill Woods. Bill has over 20 years experience as a news and sport journalist and presenter. Having fulfilled a variety of on-air roles with TEN News and Sport, Bill currently anchors TEN's National Early News bulletin and the Weekend News.

Network Ten's Rugby commentator will be Rupert McCall. Rupert is one of Australia's premiere sporting personalities. He is a gifted poet, highly popular radio presenter and passionate Rugby devotee. Four years ago, Rupert's national profile broadened significantly due primarily to his various media commitments surrounding the 2003 Rugby World Cup. Among various other pursuits, Rupert currently co-hosts the 'Sports Today' program on Brisbane radio station 4BC.

Alongside Bill and Rupert will be TEN's two expert rugby commentators Ben Tune and Ben Darwin. Ben Tune is a current member of the Queensland Reds playing squad in the Super 14 competition. A veteran of 47 test caps for the Wallabies, Tune made his debut against Wales in 1996. He has 120 test points to his name as well as the honour of being named on the right wing in the recent Wallabies Team of the Decade.

Ben Darwin's professional career began as a prop forward with the ACT Brumbies in 1997. Ben was a member of the all-conquering 2001 Brumbies team that was champions of the then Super 12 competition. That year Ben was selected for the Wallabies and made his debut against the British Lions in Brisbane. Ben's 28 Wallabies caps included two successful Beldisloe Cup campaigns and the series win over the Lions. It was during the Wallabies 2003 Rugby World Cup semi final win over New Zealand that Ben sustained a near-fatal and career ending spinal injury. Ben is now a forward coach in the Super 14 competition as well as a corporate and motivational speaker.

In announcing the commentary team, TEN's general manager – sport, David White, said "Network Ten is extremely proud and excited with our on-air line up for the 2007 Rugby World Cup. Our commentary team will deliver a fresh and enthusiastic approach to Rugby broadcasting. The Rugby World Cup is the only sporting event of international significance in 2007 and we are thrilled that TEN's Australian broadcast will be fronted by this contemporary new team."

Further details of TEN's Rugby World Cup programming will be released in due course.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    That being the case, Perth times for all matches are listed in the RWC fixtures here (also available from the left navigation pane on the front page)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    not much so far .. but I did find this: The 2007 Rugby World Cup – TEN will broadcast 20 pool matches, including all those involving the Wallabies and other leading rugby nations, LIVE into all markets. In addition, TEN will broadcast all eight finals, including the Rugby World Cup Final, LIVE into all markets. TEN will host all its broadcasts and associated programming from France. ALL games will be broadcast in High Definition.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Thanks Happy and EPB. At the end of your article EPB they mention "released in due course" wonder when that is?

Sending an email to TEN now.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    as much as I respect Bill Woods, especially for his F1 and V8's, does he have much Rugby experience ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Thanks Coach, that will do just fine.

vCash
    Foxtel claimed on one of their promos not long ago they were showing every game. Will have to see if some of them are live or not. :s

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    as much as I respect Bill Woods, especially for his F1 and V8's, does he have much Rugby experience ?
    He laughed at some rugby jokes I told during an Eulogy at a funeral a couple of years ago.....

vCash
    Who don't you know TG

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I didnt know him..he was just there....but he now knows that Rugby is indeed played in Heaven following a anatomical demonstration that God must be a Front rower and that Jesus only once played in the backs for the Jerusalem Juniors.