G'day TWFers!

Over the course of the 2007 season, a number of TWF members voted on a weekly poll and rated how they thought the players performed each game. I've finally got around to tallying it all up and we have a clear leader!

--envelope please--

..and the winner of the 2007 "Supporters Choice Western Force Player of the Year" is... Matt Giteau!

Matt joins the ranks of the unstoppable Scott Staniforth to become only the second recipient of this most prestigious award.

From all of us at TWF we'd like to congratulate Matt on winning, on consistently playing a great game this past season, and for having the forward thinking to sign with the Force in the first place!

Others who deserve an honorable mention are Matt Henjak, Cameron Shepherd, Scott Staniforth and David Pocock who ranked 2nd through 5th respectively. Through the generosity of South Side Engineering and Eccles Foundry, we have had a trophy commissioned - more details and photos of this will be put up on TheWholeForce.com shortly. We hope to be able to catch up with Scott and Matt in the near future to present them with a small gift from TWF to say congratulations, and thanks for the effort they both continually put in.

Speaking of "Player of the Year" - the Western Force End of Season Awards Night is only a few weeks away! With all the players back in town for the event swapping jerseys for tuxedos, it's sure to be a big night out. Have the players voted the same way as the supporters? Be the first to know! More information can be found on the RugbyWA website HERE. Keep an eye out for myself (I'll be the bald one in the monkey suit) and a few TWF luminaries who will be in attendance.