Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kick Springboks out: Moffett

vCash
    awww thanks Burgs

A agree with anyone who thinks the Saffas have messed up big time.

And here's hoping that we thrash the understrength SA team. Don't want another Wales situation where we almost lost due to complacency!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I made Happy sad...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    What some of the japies reckon on the the issue, courtesy of SArugby.com

Re: Moffett wants Boks out (Score: 1 )
    by RagingBull on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 (12:26:35)
    please no don’t please please we beg you Australia don’t do it please were will our rugby be without you?

O,yes we will join the European counterparts....more money, less Aussies...seems like a better deal anyway.

It realy seems like all the Sheep Shagging is getting to these crazy son’s of maries heads.

by boemelaar on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 (12:14:25)
    He talks like someone scared. These are just diversion tactics ahead of the test at the weekend. Don't think NZ will be so quick to dismiss the SA teams. Frankly, they should worry about getting their own internal problems sorted out (front row & scrum, captain after Gregan, No 10 after Larkham, booze and drug soaked players... need I go on?).

Watch the B-team Boks whip the Criminals on Saturday. I can't wait.

Whats with this sheep shagging gig! Thats the Kiwis you thick bastard

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "crazy son’s of maries heads." Please explain Shaun or Goldie???

"Don't think NZ will be so quick to dismiss the SA teams."
    Last I checked Moffett was actually a Kiwi, speaking as a Kiwi and based in New Zealand?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    by boemelaar on Tuesday, July 03, 2007 (12:14:25)
    He talks like someone scared. These are just diversion tactics ahead of the test at the weekend. Don't think NZ will be so quick to dismiss the SA teams. Frankly, they should worry about getting their own internal problems sorted out (front row & scrum, captain after Gregan, No 10 after Larkham, booze and drug soaked players... need I go on?).
    no but I think you need to figure out which country is bagging you before retorting with this dribble you ignorant $hit!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How do you get "drug soaked"???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    if anyone finds out let us know, am planing a biggie of a weekend

<>

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    How do you get "drug soaked"???
    Go to Melbourne for a Bledisloe Victory!

I know I've been away and this may have already been mentioned but has there been any thought or discussion to the fact that this "could" be construde as a "smash n bash" tour by the Saffers in order to cause injury to the teams they fear most ahead of RWC?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I they smash us then I hope our neighbours across the ditch bring out their puny excuse they call an army and blow the $hitter out of them when they arrive for the 2nd game!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    I they smash us then I hope our neighbours across the ditch bring out their puny excuse they call an army and blow the $hitter out of them when they arrive for the 2nd game!!
    Is that an example of "drug soaked"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

We don't need Boks, says Gregan

We don't need Boks, says Gregan

By Darren Walton
    July 05, 2007

GEORGE Gregan has added another edge to Saturday night's Test against South Africa, suggesting the Tri-Nations series might be better off without the Springboks.

The South Africans had angered their Australian and New Zealand counterparts - and upset broadcasters - when coach Jake White brought a second-string Springboks squad to Australasia for Tests against the Wallabies and All Blacks.

And Gregan stoked the fire by saying there were other options Australia and New Zealand could consider.

"I can't speak on behalf of South Africa, but if someone's not happy in a partnership, then obviously it's got to be dissolved and you've got to find a new way to move forward. There's always been a really strong relationship between Australia and New Zealand," Gregan said.

"If that was to happen, you'd be able to find something which would work and it would give opportunities to a lot of the Pacific Islanders, Argentina, who knows.

"But they'd be able to come up with another concept if they (the South Africans) wanted to align themselves with the northern hemisphere."

Speculation has been rife for more than a year that the South Africans want out of the Tri-Nations and Super 14 competitions amid claims they feel the most disadvantaged of the three competing nations, mostly due to exhausting travel commitments and their African time zone, which is similar to Europe - and eight hours behind Australia.

There has long been talk that South Africa are keen to align themselves with the northern-hemisphere teams, although they recently recommitted to SANZAR, saying they are in the southern-hemisphere partnership for the long haul.

The idea of a competition involving only Australian and New Zealand teams, and possibly some from the Pacific Islands, has also been floated and Gregan - one of the most respected opinions in world rugby - said it had merit.

AAP

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    OK, so this is going to be a controversial suggestion but maybe it's a strategic plan by the Saffers to see how their fringe players perform under pressure, thereby giving them a clearer idea of who to bring to Europe for the RWC......????!!!!

If that's the case, then they just need a new PR agency because the current one isn't doing a good job.

These '2nd string' Saffers will be well motivated to prove to the coaching team they deserve to have a European holiday later this year.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Burgs]We don't need Boks, says Gregan

"I can't speak on behalf of South Africa, but if someone's not happy in a partnership, then obviously it's got to be dissolved and you've got to find a new way to move forward. There's always been a really strong relationship between Australia and New Zealand," Gregan said.

"If that was to happen, you'd be able to find something which would work and it would give opportunities to a lot of the Pacific Islanders, Argentina, who knows.

"But they'd be able to come up with another concept if they (the South Africans) wanted to align themselves with the northern hemisphere."

My Kiwi mates always call Gregan.....Greasy George! Wonder if thay may change their minds now after giving them a wrap.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Paulse calls for calm

By Adrian Warren
    July 05, 2007

SOUTH Africa veteran Breyton Paulse will urge his young backline colleagues to remain calm under the anticipated pressure and emotion of the George Gregan-Stephen Larkham farewell to Australia at Telstra Stadium on Saturday.

With 62 caps, Paulse, 31, has 25 more Test appearances than the other six members of the Springboks backline combined.

Conversely, Wallabies halfback Gregan will extend his world-record caps tally to 133 while five-eighth Larkham attains his Test century on Saturday night.

"We've got a very young backline so I've got to keep the guys calm, especially when the pressure comes playing against guys like Larkham, Gregan and (Wallabies outside centre and captain Stirling) Mortlock,'' Paulse said.

"it's going to be difficult.

"It's hard to tell the guys what to expect from them, because Larkham really runs good lines, I think. I still respect him as one of the best at five-eighth.

"It's hard to plan against him because he always gets away every time. You've got to watch him very closely and especially the guys inside him, the flankers.

"George (Gregan) has been a great champion to Australian rugby and to world rugby, and his experience is so crucial for them.

"He is a wonderful organiser around the rucks and in the backs and the way he talks.

"It's an amazing combination (Gregan and Larkham) the two of them.

"You've got to respect that, but at the same time make sure you don't give them too much space otherwise you're going to have a long day."

Paulse felt the absence of Chris Latham and Lote Tuqiri was a doubled-edged sword for the Springboks.

"I think maybe it will make things a little bit easier for us, but at the same time the guys coming in are going to be hungry to do well because there's so much at stake," he said.

Paulse was optimistic that the South African backline would click on Saturday, despite the fact it was a relatively new and untried combination at Test level.

"It's a very exciting backline," he said.

"J.P. Pietersen scored the most tries in Super 14; it's important to give guys like him space.

"It can be disruptive because of the fact we haven't played much together, but the guys are professionals and should be able to adapt."

Paulse, who first appeared in Australia as part of the 1997 South Africa team that contested the southern hemisphere under-21 championship in Sydney, has gone on to become the Springboks' most capped and prolific tri-scoring wing.

He spent one season with French club Clermont before returning to South Africa last year, though he was overlooked for the end-of-year tour.

"I suppose I've been one of the lucky ones," Paulse said.

There's only nine players in the history of South African rugby who made 50 caps, so I have been very fortunate and lucky not to have many injuries."

Aiming to contest a third Rugby World Cup, Paulse felt South Africa was in better shape than before its ill-fated 2003 campaign in Australia.

"But also maybe it's a dangerous position to be in, because people really give us a chance and it puts pressure on the guys," he said.

AAP

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Burgs]Paulse calls for calm

Paulse was optimistic that the South African backline would click on Saturday, despite the fact it was a relatively new and untried combination at Test level.

"It's a very exciting backline," he said.

"J.P. Pietersen scored the most tries in Super 14; it's important to give guys like him space.

I suspect the Wallabies are planning to bury JP firmly.He is a potential threat, if given the ball.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast