Thread: Fired-up Lote warns rivals

vCash

Fired-up Lote warns rivals

Pump up Lote!!! Give us the trophy now, we are so winning it.

Fired-up Lote warns rivals

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

By Peter Jenkins

July 25, 2007 12:00am

CHASTENED wing star Lote Tuqiri fears for the Japanese rival he plans to monster on his Test return when the Wallabies open their World Cup quest.

The morning after the 30-man squad for the campaign in France was named, Tuqiri revealed the dual motivations fuelling him in the tournament countdown.

The hurt of a two-match suspension which forced him to miss the Bledisloe Cup decider, combined with the arrival of the global titles he has waited four years to revisit, has the dreadlocked dual international itching to make a memorable comeback.

The date, barring injury or a selection shock, will be September 8 against Japan in Lyon.

"I feel sorry for the first bloke playing me," he said. "I'll be ripping in that game for sure.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit cut about what went on with the suspension. I love those big games like the Bledisloe Cup. But it's time to move on and the World Cup is the biggest stage of anyone's career.

"I've got the chance now to do it again and I'm really pumped. I can't wait to get over there."

The season has been forgettable to date for arguably the game's highest-profile player.

There was the sending home from a pre-season camp for below par fitness, the infamous on-field shove of NSW teammate Sam Norton-Knight, a stand down from the first two Tests to sharpen his speed and the recent ban for an off-field indiscretion.

But Tuqiri admitted the lure of the 2007 World Cup is what kept him in the game when he first came off contract with the Australian Rugby Union in 2005.

"In my head I wanted to go to another World Cup and win it," he said. "We came close in 2003 and when you look back on your career, these are the tournaments you want to win.

"I've got another opportunity now and the first game, hopefully Japan, is going to be massive for me."

The tournament is also looming as an unforgettable experience for two other potential World Cup Wallabies awaiting their call-up for the campaign.

Veteran back-rower Matt Cockbain - whose last Test was in the 2003 World Cup final - only returned to Australia this year after a lengthy stint in Japan but is now one of three shadow players for doubtful back-rowers Wycliff Palu and David Lyons.

Cockbain, contracted to the Melbourne Rebels for the upcoming Australian Rugby Championship, will join the Wallabies in training next week along with fellow stand-bys James Horwill and Jone Tawake.

"When Knuckles rang me I was stunned, but who wouldn't want to do it," Cockbain said.

The other prospective recruit is rugby league great Andrew Johns, with Connolly admitting he was keen for the retired NRL sensation to link with the Wallabies as a kicking consultant.

Johns will be committed to the Channel 9 commentary team for the rugby league finals until the end of the World Cup pool rounds.

"But Andrew is very keen to go to the World Cup and he's trying to look into that at the moment," Connolly said.

"He's always been keen if it fits in and we've always been keen, so communication is going on."

While ARU official Pat Wilson told The Daily Telegraph two weeks ago there would be nothing happening on the Johns front because of his TV commitments, Connolly said: "It's never been off the agenda. It's a matter of working out what we can."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Jesus, that boy is dumb!

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Chook or Lote

Lote obviously will never learn to shut the f*ck up, he has just made himself a target again.
    Mind you, if he gets a chance to molest another Winger like he did last year with that pommie gump that would make funny viewing!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In a just world, he should be focused on getting himself selected in the team to play Japan rather than gobbing off like it was a foregone conclusion - maybe it is due to the selection policies, but he is an idiot for making it obvious as, based on behaviour and form, he should be under pressure to justify his spot.

vCash
    Lote caught the stupidity flu offa me somehow. PUMP UP LOTE!!! I thought he had been chastised into submission. The Japanese Varndell is in deep shite.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Varndell, that's the lad, was like a pit bull with a bullocks thigh bone!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Chook, don't be hard on yourself mate it's just you hang out with the powder blue puffs to much and it rubs off.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    I wear a 'I'm with stupid' T-shirt with an arrow pointing to me.

Lote to be the leading try scorer in this years RWC. You heard it here first.

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    Haha...do they hand them out on the GTT site?

Maybe Lote will if he can stay out of the bar for long enough.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Yeah, free T-Shirts on sign up. Its how we became so massive!

Gigsa made me do it

vCash
    what is wrong with that boy and why doesnt the selectors see through him. he is a piece of poo who keeps stuffing up.

vCash
    *sigh*

I wish the title read 'Lote fired'

That would be much better!

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    A little presumptious of Mr Lote there.....he'd be lucky to be carrying water bottles if there was any justice in this world.

Oh how funny it would be if he gets creamed by the Japanese winger....I would laugh & laugh & laugh & laugh & laugh. And then I'd laugh some more!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Lote has got to be thick(we all know that). Most people would be embrassed with their personal stuff ups, letting his team mates down and would keep their mouth shut. Not our Lote! Actions speak louder than words! Also it is presumptious of him to believe he is a walk up start for a spot on the wing.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing