Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WA Club Finals to be Played With ET Perth Spirit Games at MES

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyWA WebSite
    [RugbyWA Membership] Benefits include:
    • Priority ticket purchasing for test matches held in Perth in 2008.
    • Entry to any matches at Rugby Park as detailed in the covering letter.
    • Access to Members Bar.
    • Free tea and coffee.
    • Inside Ball e-newsletter.
    • Reciprocal Membership rights with the Singapore Cricket Club, Hong Kong Football Club and other
    • Clubs within Australia (prior permission must be obtained).
    • RugbyWA Membership Pin.
    I'm sure a previous incarnation of the membership benefits did detail grand final entrance. Given that this states priority purchases for 2008, and the file name was *****2207*** (22nd July?) I would say it was recently amended...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8
    Couple of points:
    1. Joondalup have just hit the top of the Division 1 colts table - how good would is that the only so called "Junior" Rugby clubs colt's at members equity prior to the Spirit. Is there a swelling head smilie?
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    can anyone out there answer 2 & 3??
    ....and can anyone decipher #1???????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky
    ....and can anyone decipher #1???????

Ecky the expression Senior and Junior clubs is old expression, like 1st Grade and A Grade clubs back in 2000ish!
    Joondalup are a "Junior" club - they don't have a Premier or reserve grade.
    A "Senior" club has a Premier grade, etc.
    Joondalup colt's are the only division one colt's to be part of a "Junior" Club.

Hopefully this will change in a few years and Joondalup will have a Premier grade.
    :Fingers crossed Smilies:

Yes I am pretty proud of them!

Last edited by no.8; 07-08-07 at 12:13.
    Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Ecky the expression Senior and Junior clubs is old expression, like 1st Grade and A Grade clubs back in 2000ish!
    Joondalup are a "Junior" club - they don't have a Premier or reserve grade.
    A "Senior" club has a Premier grade, etc.
    Joondalup colt's are the only division one colt's to be part of a "Junior" Club.

Hopefully this will change in a few years and Joondalup will have a Premier grade.
    :Fingers crossed Smilies:

Yes I am pretty proud of them!
    Yep, I am fully aware of the "senior/junior" thing, I was just being the Grammar Nazi about the bit that said "...how good would is that..." 'cos it don't make sense!

I have reffed Joondalup Colts a couple of times this year and they are travelling very nicely - good on 'em!

...and if you want my two cents' worth about how to get into "Seniors" and have 1st/2nds etc, then you & Wanneroo need to kiss & make up & join forces...

vCash
    Like that is gonna happen, ecky....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Well obviously it's not going to happen, but it should, then the merged team will be a "Senior" club and maybe the 1sts won't get belted each week.

vCash
    Why should any clubs amalgamate?
    Most of all 2 clubs that are in one of the biggest growth areas in Perth.
    If any clubs should do anything it should Cottesloe, Soaks, University, Wests or Nedlands who are squeezing each other out and someone should go somewhere else like Ellen brook or Kwinana.
    Each year one or more of the "Senior" Clubs struggle - this year its Cottesloe and University's turn...who will it be next year until somebody works it out?

vCash
    Don't forget Wanneroo is also struggling, especially in 1st grade.

At least they had a go when invited to become a "senior" club - same as Rockingham. But by heck it's been a struggle for them, hey? I imagine it'd be quite tough to continually be beaten and still maintain enthusiasm to play each week.

ARKS were also invited to become a "senior" club but I gather must have realised their depth wasn't sufficient to be competitive at 1st grade.

So, if, for instance, Wanneroo & Joondalup merged, then one would think the new entity would have sufficient depth to cover most grades, plus give some players whose top level is currently 3rd grade a goal to play at higher levels.

I realise that these two teams in particular aren't likely to agree on very much in the short term and a merge isn't on, I'm just observing from a position of one-removed.

...and it would seem that most of the other clubs mentioned have plenty of depth for a merge to be not on the cards.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Why should any clubs amalgamate?
    Most of all 2 clubs that are in one of the biggest growth areas in Perth.
    If any clubs should do anything it should Cottesloe, Soaks, University, Wests or Nedlands who are squeezing each other out and someone should go somewhere else like Ellen brook or Kwinana.
    Each year one or more of the "Senior" Clubs struggle - this year its Cottesloe and University's turn...who will it be next year until somebody works it out?
    translating growth into realitity is the hard part
    having a good colts side is one thing.Hanging on to to those players & developing them to a senior level is going to be difficult.
    The drop out rate(from all clubs) from colts to open grades is still a concern

vCash
    damn non rugby loving girlfriends!!! out of my colts team i was in 2 years ago only 5 of us still play, 4 of us in 1st grade and the other one having a bad run of injuries and spending whatever time he gets on the field fighting it out for 2nd grade.

vCash

At least they had a go when invited to become a "senior" club - same as Rockingham. But by heck it's been a struggle for them, hey? I imagine it'd be quite tough to continually be beaten and still maintain enthusiasm to play each week.

ARKS were also invited to become a "senior" club but I gather must have realised their depth wasn't sufficient to be competitive at 1st grade.

So, if, for instance, Wanneroo & Joondalup merged, then one would think the new entity would have sufficient depth to cover most grades, plus give some players whose top level is currently 3rd grade a goal to play at higher levels.

I realise that these two teams in particular aren't likely to agree on very much in the short term and a merge isn't on, I'm just observing from a position of one-removed.

...and it would seem that most of the other clubs mentioned have plenty of depth for a merge to be not on the cards.
    Hmm this is the puzzle of club rugby - you need the grass roots players who enjoy a beer and put monies in the coffers, you need the parents who enjoy watching their kids knock around - most of all you need a group of people willing to work together to create an easy enjoyable outing for members and visitors alike and eventually when the club grows up you need teams that can win flags etc..

The winning of flags doesn't happen without good coaches and good players and most of all people like FS putting in many hours in the background- calming the temperaments of the more dedicated elite athletes and facilitating the coaching staff - creating these conditions is one thing maintaining them is quite something else - the man management skills I have witnessed within many clubs defy belief (often thought that they could create a comedy in a similar vane to The Office out of one afternoons play)

I digress: Promoting Wanneroo has not been a success (don't know enough about how that club operates to know why and certainly wouldn't knock their efforts ) - but am guessing that they don't have the correct combination of players and support for success and asking any amateur club to produce 2 teams of players capable of playing 2 grades higher than they are used to is an ask.

I hope that when Joondalup gets promoted that they gradually go up the grades i.e. their 1st play 2nd grade for a couple of years - then if they are successful they go up to 1st grade rugby - as the jump in standard from 3rd grade rugby to 1st grade rugby is huge.

Would imagine that that would be a logistical nightmare for RugbyWA !

If Joondalup and Wanneroo were to merge (leaving aside the fact that the player bases are 15 Ks apart ) - the volunteers who keep both clubs operating would be thrown together (could be the best comedy ever for those not involved) - you would end up with the most enormous juniors ever more than 1000 - surely beyond the capabilities of a mortal volunteer and worse I'm not convinced that Joondalup has the necessary depth of players at the higher level to turn Wanneroo's team into the winning team required for premier grade

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    The issue of having players can be achieved by 2 things - catchment area and administration.

In Wanneroo's case they have admittedly not at the top end but they like Perth Bayswater and Joondalup have invested in kids. Their drive for this has led to the establishment of the new West Coast Junior Rugby Club.

Wanneroo have a good depth of Juniors (in particular Under 15's, especially Under 14's and below) in 6 or 7 years time these players will come into their own. Their time will come with the hard yards they have put in with the kids.

Just like Joondalup will be reaping the reward of their large juniors with the colts coming through next year 2 x Under 14's, 2 x Under 15's, a large under 16's and under 17's squads. Ecky the landscape of the future of Rugby in this state is changing because of the investment with the home grown players!

Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    The drop out rate(from all clubs) from colts to open grades is still a concern
    may I added BG the "Senior" clubs without no junior teams all of a sudden have 2 colts grades?

Future Players
    University 1 x Under 17's, no U16, no U15, no U14, No U13, 1 x U12, 1 x U11
    Cottesloe no U17, no U16, no U15, 1 x U14, no U13, 1 x U12, no U11
    Nedlands no U17, no U16, no U15, no U14, 1 x U13, 1 x U12, 1x U11
    Perth 1 x U17, 1 x shared U16, 1 x U15, 1 x U14, 1 x U13, 2 x U12, 2 x U11

Wanneroo 1 x U17, no U16, 1 x U15, 2 xU14, 2 x U13, 2 x U12, 2 x U11
    Joondalup 1 x U17, 1 x U16, 2 x U15, 2 x U14, 1 x U13, 3 x U12, 3 x U11

I won't go on with it but I think you get the picture about the investment some clubs have made in the future and some clubs haven't. I haven't got the space to post the U7 to U10!
    If you want to check it out you can at -
    http://www.wajuniors.rugbynet.com.au..._11_Tables.pdf

vCash
    Things to consider regarding the hosting of Community Rugby finals at Members Equity (ME).

1. That the Mazda ARC matches have been locked in and are not negotiable and I think it would be quite difficult to mlve the dates of Community Finals.

2. That for $20 you get to watch 3 matches in September

3. If you are that tight you can't afford $20 to watch 3 matches of rugby on 8 or 15 Sep, then sit in front of your computer and watch the live stream on the ABC website (works for all televised ARC matches)

4. If others at the end of the ARC match, it means more space at the line for beer and pies!

I think its a good concept and one that will allow members of WA's rugby community to attend the amatuer and professional matches with out having to dash from one venue to the other and back again.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The issue of having players can be achieved by 2 things - catchment area and administration.

In Wanneroo's case they have admittedly not at the top end but they like Perth Bayswater and Joondalup have invested in kids. Their drive for this has led to the establishment of the new West Coast Junior Rugby Club.

Wanneroo have a good depth of Juniors (in particular Under 15's, especially Under 14's and below) in 6 or 7 years time these players will come into their own. Their time will come with the hard yards they have put in with the kids.

Just like Joondalup will be reaping the reward of their large juniors with the colts coming through next year 2 x Under 14's, 2 x Under 15's, a large under 16's and under 17's squads. Ecky the landscape of the future of Rugby in this state is changing because of the investment with the home grown players!

may I added BG the "Senior" clubs without no junior teams all of a sudden have 2 colts grades?

Future Players
    University 1 x Under 17's, no U16, no U15, no U14, No U13, 1 x U12, 1 x U11
    Cottesloe no U17, no U16, no U15, 1 x U14, no U13, 1 x U12, no U11
    Nedlands no U17, no U16, no U15, no U14, 1 x U13, 1 x U12, 1x U11
    Perth 1 x U17, 1 x shared U16, 1 x U15, 1 x U14, 1 x U13, 2 x U12, 2 x U11

Wanneroo 1 x U17, no U16, 1 x U15, 2 xU14, 2 x U13, 2 x U12, 2 x U11
    Joondalup 1 x U17, 1 x U16, 2 x U15, 2 x U14, 1 x U13, 3 x U12, 3 x U11

I won't go on with it but I think you get the picture about the investment some clubs have made in the future and some clubs haven't. I haven't got the space to post the U7 to U10!
    If you want to check it out you can at -
    http://www.wajuniors.rugbynet.com.au..._11_Tables.pdf

many of the juniors at Nedlands end up going to private secondary schools & are obliged to play for their school,then come back into the club scene when they leave school.
    Hence Nedlands have 2 colts teams,as do Soaks
    The inference that Nedlands is not investing in the future is incorrect
    are you related to Growden?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    are you related to Growden?
    Yes, I am his grandma - BG never believe everything read or get told because it's one huge conspiracy against me - (Something that Fulvio Summat allegdely may have said!)

uglea - good point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast