Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs and Chants for Force Games

vCash
    so have we acutally got 1 song or chant going yet?
    coz it gettin pretty close now

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I wouldn;t be too worried Luke, the Western Force dont even have their own song yet do they?

How about the chorus to Tub Thumping? Its the right style for a bunch of half cut lads:

We'll be singing
    When we're winning we'll be singing

I get knocked down
    But I get up again
    You're never going to keep me down

I get knocked down
    But I get up again

I get knocked down
    But I get up again

I get knocked down
    But I get up again

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    missed a point - Booing

the only time booing has any place in the sporting arena is in response cheating or to a malicious and deliberate act such as a *delibeate* spear tackle or the like, even then I do tend to prefer the less common "hissing".

Its all to do with good sportsmanship and respect for what they are doing. I don;t really get into heckling (although I could make an exception for Percy - that haircut ) but aint going to knock any one else making a good natured jibe.

Where would you draw the line? Me, assuming that the recipient is a reasonably reasonable bloke who can take a joke - I wouldn't say anything from the stadium that I wouldn't have balls enough to repeat in the same room. As for refs, they ar just trying to do their job, but they knew the flack they'd be copping when they got into reffing in the first place - its probably half the fun. Any refs out there like to have something to say on this?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    As for refs, they ar just trying to do their job, but they knew the flack they'd be copping when they got into reffing in the first place - its probably half the fun. Any refs out there like to have something to say on this?
    I think they expect it also. I've been to hockey games when the refs skate out before the teams they play the "3 blind mice" song. It's all in fun.

Good luck putting together your team song or chant.

Here's one for our football team you may want to insert force for eagles and change fly to fight or something. I really like the end F-O-R-C-E, FORCE!! It's pretty cool when the whole stadium does it.

HEAR IT HERE!

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
    Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
    Hit 'Em High.
    And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.

E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How about:

Charge Force charge, on the road to vic-to-ry, (slow)
    Charge them Force like the old Lighthorse, (fast)
    Scored the try now hear the "Blue Crew" cry, (fast)
    Charge Force charge, on the road to v i c_T O R_ r y! (slow)
    F (clap) O (clap) R (clap) C (clap) E (clap), FORCE!!!

Cue to use could be as the ref puts his hand in the air to signal the try.
    To make more Western Australian in historical terms could replace "old Lighthorse" with "10th Lighthorse"
    My original wish for naming was the Western Suns with a 10th Lighthorseman as the mascot and a western sun/son. I still feel that we can use the image of a Lighthorseman to honour their names and inspire the team, any thoughts?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just saw the "hear it here" bit LNJ, sounds pretty good!
    Mine above wouldn't quite match up to that rythmn I guess but would be similar.
    Somewhere between yours and the "Tigerland" tune used by Richmond Tigers (AFL) and a few Tiger named teams around the globe.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    My biggest head scratch is getting these chants started together simultaniously around such a big ground without pa music etc?
    Some alernatives could be:
    1. Pre determined times, ie Song A at kick off, song B 15 mins 1st half, song C half time restart etc.
    2. Referee signals, ie as above for when ref signals try scored, "GO FORCE GO" as the ref does the tmo square tv signal, "Fly the flag, the BLUE FORCE FLAG" as the touch judge puts his flag up etc.
    3. A bit more organising but once we have a spread of members around the park (ie maybe 07 even) we could perhaps have some form of signal or the like, not sure how that would work though, maybe even walkie talkies? I believe they are really tough on horns etc at Subi, maybe an official cheersquad will be formed by Rugby WA through the Committed to give visual cues?
    Time to get creative fellas and start laying down some suggestions as at the moment we've got diddly squat for the first match!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    My biggest head scratch is getting these chants started together simultaniously around such a big ground without pa music etc?
    Some alernatives could be:
    1. Pre determined times, ie Song A at kick off, song B 15 mins 1st half, song C half time restart etc.
    2. Referee signals, ie as above for when ref signals try scored, "GO FORCE GO" as the ref does the tmo square tv signal, "Fly the flag, the BLUE FORCE FLAG" as the touch judge puts his flag up etc.
    3. A bit more organising but once we have a spread of members around the park (ie maybe 07 even) we could perhaps have some form of sigal or the like, not sure how that would work though, maybe even walkie talkies? I believe they are really tough on horns etc at Subi, maybe an official cheersquad will be formed by Rugby WA through the Committed to give visual cues?
    Time to get creative fellas and start laying down some suggestions as at the moment we've got diddly squat for the first match!
    i agree! we definately going to have to work it out
    coz by the sounds of it you people are all gold members where my friend and i are iron!
    we dont mind chanting on our own up top but would be better if some others werechanting it too - even if they are sitting miles away

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Why can't you have the pa announcer play it and show the words up on the score board. I know Coachie has a few friends in the marketing department!

Do you have a sports talk radio show? Or is SportFM the only sports channel? If you do you could come up with a song, call them and have them promote the song and when it will be sung.

Also does everyone tailgate (sit in the parking lot and eat and drink for a few hours) before the games? If so you can get a group of people to pass out sheets with the words to the song and when it will be sung.

vCash
    All I can think of are rip offs of UK teams...

one is the Wasps one, it goes

Allez, Allez, Allez, Force, Force, Force (Like the Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... Oi, Oi, Oi chant)

We are TheWholeForce kin (try saying this really fast)

Apprentice
    vCash
    I recall an idea from Newcastle United when the atmosphere dropped within St. James Park that they all tried to sit near each other on one level. That way all of the singing people would be together, unfortunately due to season tickets this was only able to be done during cup games whether that be FA, Carling, UEFA etc

Going to be hard to get them going unless people around you are prepared to chant etc

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The other problem I can see with attempting to get a song/chant started, going. Is the fact that all the TWF members are sitting all over the place.

Now in a perfect world. We would be crafty buggers like the famous Bay 13 at the MCG and have TWF members all sitting in one block, or 2 or 3.

Then the starting of a song or chant would be left to the Choir Master (at this time I wish to nominate Burgs) to rally the mob and have us all singng from the same page of the sacred Hymm Book of TWF purchased for a lazy $5 from all members sitting in the TWF Block. By the middle of the season half the ground would be chasing us for Hymm Books and the powers that be would be asking us to let them get involved.

I have a dream...............

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    More of a rant than a chant but to cater for the blood-lusters amongst us!
    With a team of a long history this could serve as a haka style challenge (no, I don't want us to have a haka!) by the Captain to the opposition pre game.

Under the Western sun I stand

Under the Western sun I stand
    A product of this wide red land
    From other states or over the sea
    Here now is the land for me

Our team turns out in blue or gold
    A Clan, a Force of nature bold
    Side by side, standing tall
    Hear now, fear our battle call

Fear our Force, for we fight with the strength of thirty men.
    We are fierce and determined, we will not fail our people.
    Beware all that enter this arena, this may be the last ground you tread.
    Strength and honour guide our hand, side by side we proudly stand!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Come on fellas, we need a bit of action here if we want to have something up and running by the first match against the Brumbies!
    If you have a little something written down then post it, you are annonomous after all.
    I have a few more ideas but I don't want to dominate this thread, please put you own positive ideas forward.
    If not we will end up like a mongrel mob of footy fans or worse still, just quiet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    I don;t really get into heckling (although I could make an exception for Percy - that haircut ) but aint going to knock any one else making a good natured jibe.
    I heard a new one last night at a basketball game. I forget exactly what the player did but he ended up laying on the court. This guy yells out: "Hey #4 get up off your knees, you're blowing the game!"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast